SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 40 of 70 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:18 pm

Linds911 wrote: Loved last night's show. Mark is a genius at the stage design & creativity for each theme/dance. That whole rabbit costume was a bit crazy though! I wish Artem could put in more choreography for Patti, it seemed like they were only dancing in one spot last night.

Witney had the same trouble with her 1st partner-Cody Simpson. They both need to take deep breathes and pay attention to each other. If Chris is having a hard time, then she needs to change the choreography so it's easier for him to learn. Mark and Val have done that in the past. As for why they have been in the B2 the past few weeks, that's either telling the fan bases that they need the votes or it's just for suspense since most of the time Tom says "not necessarily the B2." I still say another 2 weeks left for them.
Witney has dumbed down/changed the routines. Chris barely moved in the Argentine Tango and Rumba. And he got called out for Witney dancing around him by not only fans, but the pros!! That's all he can manage though..barely. When she gave him more content (Cha Cha), he completely butchered it. And in the ballroom dances, he has no easy way out. He HAS to move. Those dances require traveling and intricate footwork. The man is just not made for this. Simple as that. He should be lucky he's even getting the scores he's getting quite frankly. Robert, Patti, and Suzanne were/are all better than him in some way.

Back to top Go down

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:14 pm

^^Evertrue, I agree. I'm not educated in the technicalities, but could see what you are talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:17 pm

Okay went back and re-watched a few and my mistake yes she has dumbed them down ALOT from the 1st 2 weeks. His footwork is the main concern obviously. Well there's no elimination on Monday but there is a double elimination soon (check DWTSGossip Twitter) I do think Patti should go before him but given her fanbase we'll see what happens.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 1f49c

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 8367-910 TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 I_got_13 TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 E5kqdm15 TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:20 pm

eversotrue wrote:
Linds911 wrote: Loved last night's show. Mark is a genius at the stage design & creativity for each theme/dance. That whole rabbit costume was a bit crazy though! I wish Artem could put in more choreography for Patti, it seemed like they were only dancing in one spot last night.

Witney had the same trouble with her 1st partner-Cody Simpson. They both need to take deep breathes and pay attention to each other. If Chris is having a hard time, then she needs to change the choreography so it's easier for him to learn. Mark and Val have done that in the past. As for why they have been in the B2 the past few weeks, that's either telling the fan bases that they need the votes or it's just for suspense since most of the time Tom says "not necessarily the B2." I still say another 2 weeks left for them.
Witney has dumbed down/changed the routines. Chris barely moved in the Argentine Tango and Rumba. And he got called out for Witney dancing around him by not only fans, but the pros!! That's all he can manage though..barely. When she gave him more content (Cha Cha), he completely butchered it. And in the ballroom dances, he has no easy way out. He HAS to move. Those dances require traveling and intricate footwork. The man is just not made for this. Simple as that. He should be lucky he's even getting the scores he's getting quite frankly. Robert, Patti, and Suzanne were/are all better than him in some way.

To each his own I guess...I disagree with the bold above. I think the scores and comments have been very hard on Chris. I'm glad Carrie Anne said, "I think we have been hard on you the past couple of weeks", she was spot on. IMO I think Chris is a much better dancer than both Suzanne and Patti and was definitely better than Robert Monday night. He was never going to be one of the best dancers but I think he's held his own with all of those that have no dance experience. He expects a lot of himself and tries too hard. If he would just play the rest of show out, enjoy the ride and have fun he would perform better. I give all of the non experienced dancers a lot of credit for even being out there.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:35 pm

^^Nicely stated Rolly!  Chris is not a dancer competing with some that have had musical, dancing, and/or gymnast training.  He deserves props for his effort and I am sure is doing better than the average guy pulled off the street with the same amount of experience.

I just watched Chris/Witney rehearsal and he is listening to her direction, they are communicating well and having fun together.  I do think this is a good pairing for Chris.  I hope he has some fun and enjoys the experience before it is all over.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Robert is miles ahead of Chris. Yes, he messed up the timing on Monday, but I've watched some of his rehearsals and he's looking really good. And he's having loads of fun while at it. Chris always looks like he's struggling. Though I did just watch them rehearse the Viennese waltz and he was looking a bit better. Must be thanks to the waltzing he did with Jade. giggling
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Rolly wrote:
eversotrue wrote:

To each his own I guess...I disagree with the bold above. I think the scores and comments have been very hard on Chris. I'm glad Carrie Anne said, "I think we have been hard on you the past couple of weeks", she was spot on. IMO I think Chris is a much better dancer than both Suzanne and Patti and was definitely better than Robert Monday night. He was never going to be one of the best dancers but I think he's held his own with all of those that have no dance experience. He expects a lot of himself and tries too hard. If he would just play the rest of show out, enjoy the ride and have fun he would perform better. I give all of the non experienced dancers a lot of credit for even being out there.
The comments have been hard on Chris thus far, but the scores are pretty accurate. His only actual well performed dance so far was his week one Jive. That's it. The Cha Cha was a complete disaster. He didn't do all that much moving, let alone dancing, in the Argentine Tango and Rumba. And the most recent one, Quickstep, was just okay. His scores reflect exactly what he's been doing: not a whole lot of anything. And yes, Robert/Patti/Suzanne were/are performing better than him ALL AROUND. Chris constantly looks stiff, uncomfortable, lost, confused, and a bit weird. He's not excelling in the dancing OR performing/personality. What Patti lacks in dance, she at least makes up in personality/performing and a great partnership with Artem. Suzanne was a "goodish" performer and dancer. Robert is most definitely a better dancer than Chris, and not only a better dancer than him, a "good" dancer in general. And he's great at performing/personality and has an amazing partnership with Kym. Chris doesnt have any of that. He cant perform, cant dance, not a personality the DWTS audience connects with, and not a sweet lovable partnership with Witney. So he has nothing going for him on this show. (And just look at the outside talk, aka: non Bachelor nation. They all feel that of him, and wanted him gone about two weeks ago.) So yes, I would most definitely say, the other three have been doing better than him OVERALL. I do commend him though. It's obvious he's really trying. This whole performing/dancing/personality thing is just obviously not for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:58 pm

I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

Patti should dazzle us with her personality / performance as she has been performing for over 50 years. She's spent her career performing with others, so forming an easy partnership with Artem comes naturally to her. I think we can all agree musicality certainly wouldn't be an issue for this singer-dancer-performer.

Robert didn't do well at all this week, but he works hard and has a likable personality. I hope the showmance he's enjoying with Kym continues after the show. If not, it's certainly helping with the scoring and voting. 

I didn't expect an unassuming farmer from Iowa to set the ballroom on fire. I did expect Chris to work hard and try his best in an uncomfortable environment. He's done that. As Len said, it's incredible that he was even able to perform with two injuries. 

I find that recording a show and fast-forwarding through the parts that don't interest me is the way to go!2pop
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 am

Per FLChica
I find that recording a show and fast-forwarding through the parts that don't interest me is the way to go!
You could take it even one step further, as I do and skip the entire show and just read what goes on here!  Works well for me. Hugesmile

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:40 am

FLChica wrote:I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

Patti should dazzle us with her personality / performance as she has been performing for over 50 years. She's spent her career performing with others, so forming an easy partnership with Artem comes naturally to her. I think we can all agree musicality certainly wouldn't be an issue for this singer-dancer-performer.

Robert didn't do well at all this week, but he works hard and has a likable personality. I hope the showmance he's enjoying with Kym continues after the show. If not, it's certainly helping with the scoring and voting. 

I didn't expect an unassuming farmer from Iowa to set the ballroom on fire. I did expect Chris to work hard and try his best in an uncomfortable environment. He's done that. As Len said, it's incredible that he was even able to perform with two injuries. 

I find that recording a show and fast-forwarding through the parts that don't interest me is the way to go!

:yes: Good post!

Riker and Allison for the win!

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 am

FLChica wrote:I'd venture to say that if a viewer didn't care for Chris on the Bachelor - for whatever reason - they won't care for him on DWTS.Hugesmile

I find that recording a show and fast-forwarding through the parts that don't interest me is the way to go!2pop
What's the correlation between the two though??? There isn't necessarily one. Many people who don't watch TB watch DWTS and vice versa. So I don't think there's much stock in that regard.

And yes, the other contestants obviously have different advantages (and disadvantages), but the whole point of the show, and what people gravitate towards: is good entertaining dancing/personalities/stories/partnerships. And Chris isn't delivering any of those. But anyway, my main point was that the other three were better than him at those aspects, whether they have a leg up or not, that's besides the point...it just is the way it is. Like I said, he's trying hard though, that should highly appreciated at the very least. He should eventually leave though, no one cares for him but the very few fans that didn't get ticked off by him/people trying to save Witney.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:02 am

Well he will eventually leave. Obvi he's not winning this thing. Until then, more than a few people want them there I'm guessing.  no idea

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 40 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 70 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers