SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 58 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:41 pm

mindless wrote:I think it also matters what people are looking for. If they're young and have no wish to marry for a few more years, then they probably aren't interested in going without sex all that time. However, if they're looking for their wife (as Chris supposedly was) and ready to marry ASAP, then it shouldn't be that big an issue to wait until marriage if the love is there. It just takes a different level of seriousness. I think Chris would've managed if Becca was all in and a wedding was on the horizon, but she just wasn't and couldn't even give him an approximate timeline, since she wasn't in love yet.  

Totally agree! I think, if it had been like a Sean/Cat situation, where Chris had to give sex up for ~ 1 year so that he could have a lifetime of sex with the love of his life, he would have done it. Like Chris said at the FS, her virginity did not come as a shock to him. He already knew that she had never been in love, and didn't seem like the type of girl who would have sex without love. So, if it had been THAT big of a deal to him, he would have asked her then and/or let her go at that point. I don't think that would have happened, because I just don't think he would have ever picked Jade, Britt, or Carly over her. In fact, I still think she would have won if she simply wanted to. JMO!

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 58 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by soccermom333 Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:56 pm

^^ Agree. No way Chris would have picked Jade or Carly over Becca. IMO still believe it was Beccas to lose. Chris and Whit are "dating" now and figuring out if it will work. Smiley I think Becca did the right thing and not cave to the pressure of a silly engagement after spending 30-40 hours with the lead. JMHO ;) Wish the happy couple the best as always.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:56 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
mindless wrote:I think it also matters what people are looking for. If they're young and have no wish to marry for a few more years, then they probably aren't interested in going without sex all that time. However, if they're looking for their wife (as Chris supposedly was) and ready to marry ASAP, then it shouldn't be that big an issue to wait until marriage if the love is there. It just takes a different level of seriousness. I think Chris would've managed if Becca was all in and a wedding was on the horizon, but she just wasn't and couldn't even give him an approximate timeline, since she wasn't in love yet.  

Totally agree! I think, if it had been like a Sean/Cat situation, where Chris had to give sex up for ~ 1 year so that he could have a lifetime of sex with the love of his life, he would have done it. Like Chris said at the FS, her virginity did not come as a shock to him. He already knew that she had never been in love, and didn't seem like the type of girl who would have sex without love. So, if it had been THAT big of a deal to him, he would have asked her then and/or let her go at that point. I don't think that would have happened, because I just don't think he would have ever picked Jade, Britt, or Carly over her. In fact, I still think she would have won if she simply wanted to. JMO!

no no not necessarily . imo Becca was part of the storyboard that TPTB were presenting. After the lead tells the producers who his focus is on ( in this case Whitney) TPTB get to say who stays and who goes and in what order they go in. :Nod:
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4304

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:01 pm

^^ I disagree. Becca was way more to Chris than part of a "storyboard." JMO though. Chris wanted Becca. Won't change my mind about that. ;) She is fine now and Chris is "discovering" if things will work with Whit. Wish them well. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:14 pm

^^^ Totally...she sure made from some "storyboard" for Chris. Must have forgotten to tell him that  giggling
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisbecca Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:30 pm

sfrank wrote:^^^ Totally...she sure made from some "storyboard" for Chris. Must have forgotten to tell him that  giggling

cantstopl I was just thinking the exact same thing!

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Jolena wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

no no not necessarily . imo Becca was part of the storyboard that TPTB were presenting. After the lead tells the producers who his focus is on ( in this case Whitney)  TPTB get to say who stays and who goes and in what order they go in. :Nod:  

From what I've heard, that is NOT true. Usually, if the lead is set on F1, the producers will switch up the order of the F2/F3, depending on who they want as Bachelorette and who they think would be "easier" to let go. And, yes, the producers will make the lead keep certain people around for drama or for their dramatic storyline to explode (ex. Rego from Ali's season). Other than that, I've never heard a lead reveal that the producers told him/her which order to let people go once they get to final four. And, I feel like we would have heard something by now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:53 pm

I think several of us here(this forum) have heard where the lead has gone over the heads of TPTB and went against the "suggested" grain of elimination order of F4-1 and or F1.
It's not something I can freely specifically reference, but can say the result was not pretty in final editing and/or way TPTB treated main and/or couple following the result.
So strong arming does take place.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think several of us here(this forum) have heard where the lead has gone over the heads of TPTB and went against the "suggested" grain of elimination order of F4-1 and or F1.
It's not something I can freely specifically reference, but can say the result was not pretty in final editing and/or way TPTB treated main and/or couple following the result.
So strong arming does take place.

Seems to me this season in particular TPTB did an excellent job of spacing out the story arcs for several of the highlighted women (Ashley S, Jillian, Kelsey,  Britt, Carly, Jade and, yes, Becca). Once the cast member's story "peaked" and TPTB squeezed out as much drama/good TV out of the cast member's storyboard, POOF ... the woman was either gone or given less screen time until they did leave.

Becca's story arc of Virgin who's never been in love ... IMO ... was only prominent in HTD, FS and then Finale/LCD. She was ideal for the F2 slot because 1) Kaitlyn had to go at F3 so she could slide into Bachelorette spot and, more importantly 2) the Virgin HAD to go to the Fantasy Suite where she could reveal her secret.

Remember, even Chris told us to "stay tuned" for that big reveal in three of his ABC sanctioned (and probably publicist written to ensure they stay on message) People Magazine blogs:

Blog Week 6: “Our connection was real, and it was strong. Now, at this point watching, Becca has told you all that she's a virgin. But keep in mind that's not something she had told me. You'll have to keep watching for a while to see how that unfolds!”

Blog Week 7: "Things definitely come to a head tomorrow, so you'll have to tune in to find out what happens. Also tomorrow, I head to the remaining four women's hometowns. How will I react to Jade's scandalous past? Will Becca tell me her secret? And whose family doesn't give me their blessing? It's all happening tomorrow night!"

Blog Week 8 : “Next week, I go to beautiful Bali with Becca, Whitney and Kaitlyn. Will Becca reveal her secret to me? Will we go to the fantasy suite together? You'll have to tune in to find out.”

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:38 pm

There is NO WAY Becca was a storyboard IMO.
There were so many feelings still there between Chris and her at the ATFR, no way this was scripted. What I have seen on my screen was a man still in love with the woman who was just not ready to say ILY soon enough. That's too bad IMHO, because now he will have to try to fall in love with Whitney who was the good and safe pick on paper.
So many people noticed the same.
But the way Chris and Becca looked at each other on this live ATFR was certainly not part of a storyboard.
IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:39 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
Jolena wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

no no not necessarily . imo Becca was part of the storyboard that TPTB were presenting. After the lead tells the producers who his focus is on ( in this case Whitney)  TPTB get to say who stays and who goes and in what order they go in. :Nod:  

From what I've heard, that is NOT true. Usually, if the lead is set on F1, the producers will switch up the order of the F2/F3, depending on who they want as Bachelorette and who they think would be "easier" to let go. And, yes, the producers will make the lead keep certain people around for drama or for their dramatic storyline to explode (ex. Rego from Ali's season).  Other than that, I've never heard a lead reveal that the producers told him/her which order to let people go once they get to final four. And, I feel like we would have heard something by now.

True or not I doubt we ever would hear a lead reveal it no no but imo that dosen't necessarily mean that it dosen't happen. (that little tiny ear piece is very much there). :Nod:
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4304

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:45 pm

sde1041 wrote:There is NO WAY Becca was a storyboard IMO.
There were so many feelings still there between Chris and her at the ATFR, no way this was scripted. What I have seen on my screen was a man still in love with the woman who was just not ready to say ILY soon enough. That's too bad IMHO, because now he will have to try to fall in love with Whitney who was the good and safe pick on paper.
So many people noticed the same.
But the way Chris and Becca looked at each other on this live ATFR was certainly not part of a storyboard.
IMO.

:claphands clapping! clapping!

I agree with what you say about Becca there to me is no doubting on what I saw on live TV. I do think that Chris and Whitney have formed a strong relationship at this time . The real test is when they go home and live in the real world. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz