SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 49 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by jlccaz Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Oh, yes in the various "TV Spokesmodel" segments of her season, Emily couldn't pull off the "here I am in beautiful... at the Hotel ... and so excited and amazed about ..." without cue cards, but you weren't meaning to suggest that cue cards were used to script date conversations, is that what you're referring to?
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 49 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Idlemess wrote:Becca is a cool girl and I wish her many special dating experiences and hope that as she progress she will know"the one" and that the time is right.

Becca will be great! But... it is not Becca I am worried about. ;) ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm

jlccaz wrote:Oh, yes in the various "TV Spokesmodel" segments of her season, Emily couldn't pull off the "here I am in beautiful... at the Hotel ... and so excited and amazed about ..." without cue cards, but you weren't meaning to suggest that cue cards were used to script date conversations, is that what you're referring to?  
Exactly. Others were able to handle things on their own, thus the jokes that Little Ricki had a more advanced reading level than Emily. Emily had trouble even reading her cards.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm

jlccaz wrote:Many reality shows may resort to cue cards, but this franchise relies upon producer manipulation ... planting phrases, etc.  

I may have foggy memory, but I cannot recall a single source over the years discussing cue cards.  And I firmly believe their use would backfire utterly for what the producers are sincerely trying to produce as a form of entertainment.

The Bachelor/ette is a mind game genre experience that only works if the Players do not have the experience of seeing much active (i.e., in the moment producing of words, as opposed to setting up shots and lighting etc).  Rather, the stilted conversations are prompted, as the Players are coached about Must Cover topics (and are free to talk about normal things sometimes too, as many consistently report), and pressured to sit, stand, touch, kiss a certain way.  The show is best -- producers would say, not just viewers or critics -- when events unfold rather than play out in a scripted way.

That said, cue cards vs. that sort of "mind game" / protracted manipulation of mood, motive, emotion, etc. is probably a distinction without a difference, as they are so heavily brainwashed to use certain words, phrases, have their own words repeated back to them constantly, etc.!!

Ashley this season had a funny bit where she talked about roaming around the zombie date and seeing all the off the limits behind the scenes "stuff".  If cast get exposed to that side of the house (as Chris H. once said about Bob Guiney), the formula flops big time.

End diversionary discussion of cue cards.  Smiley

Chris said in interviews this season that they didn't want him to use a certain word to describe the relationship. I wish I could remember what exactly it was. It was something fairly innocuous to me, but apparently it was a big deal to them...journey vs relationship...or some other stupid thing.

I do remember ... I think it was Kalon ... who bashed Emily as not being able to read her cue cards and follow directions because she was too busy fixing her face, pretty much everyone else has said how real everything is. Of course, I don't think most even realise that they are picked because they have certain traits/vulnerabilities that the producer can use to manipulate them to get the reactions that they want. And lets face it, they are really good at what they do. Most don't even realise they are being manipulated. Or maybe they just don't care...

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:34 pm

mindless wrote:Amy Long was on AfterBuzz TV a couple of weeks ago and she claimed the show is actually surprisingly real. Like the producers didn't try to put words in her mouth or anything. Though she only made it to week 3 on Juan Pablo's season, so I doubt they had much reason to push her in any certain direction. But I remember Samantha saying something similar and she was there for 6 weeks.

Obviously they were pushing Becca to say ILY though, but all the more respect for her for staying real!

She's dating Drew, who made it to the end,so she would probably know if they any force certain actions or dialouge. She said that Drew also had great things to say about his experience and the producers. I think the producers probably egg the lead/contestants on certain things to ask (why don't you talk about past relationships), but I don't think that there are cue cards. I know kalon said so, but I don't really believe a word out of his mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:37 pm

Glad to hear Chris didn't "force' anything. I agree. He was torn what to do. IMO ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:51 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
mindless wrote:Amy Long was on AfterBuzz TV a couple of weeks ago and she claimed the show is actually surprisingly real. Like the producers didn't try to put words in her mouth or anything. Though she only made it to week 3 on Juan Pablo's season, so I doubt they had much reason to push her in any certain direction. But I remember Samantha saying something similar and she was there for 6 weeks.

Obviously they were pushing Becca to say ILY though, but all the more respect for her for staying real!

She's dating Drew, who made it to the end,so she would probably know if they any force certain actions or dialouge. She said that Drew also had great things to say about his experience and the producers. I think the producers probably egg the lead/contestants on certain things to ask (why don't you talk about past relationships), but I don't think that there are cue cards. I know kalon said so, but I don't really believe a word out of his mouth.
^^ Confirmation from three former contestants that TPTB don't force any certain actions, which would include forcing a proposal. Good to know! JPG confirmed that as well I suppose.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:57 pm

FLChica wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

^^ Confirmation from three former contestants that TPTB don't force any certain actions, which would include forcing a proposal. Good to know! JPG confirmed that as well I suppose.

You can not compare Juans season to Chris's season. Juan was pressured to no end to propose to Nikki but like we saw he was not going to be a puppet to what the producers wanted. After his season and Andii's season which had the worst ratings. There is no doubt in my mind that they made sure that there was a proposal at the end. Jmo
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:10 pm

whit90 wrote:
FLChica wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

You can not compare Juans season to Chris's season. Juan was pressured to no end to propose to Nikki but like we saw he was not going to be a puppet to what the producers wanted. After his season and Andii's season which had the worst ratings. There is no doubt in my mind that they made sure that there was a proposal at the end. Jmo

Oh, yeah, that's totally different than cue cards. I mean, jason has said that he was literally threatened with a bad edit if he didn't propose. He said that he called Melissa's parents and told them he wasn't going to propose, and the producers called back and said Jason just was confused. I absolutely think that this pressure played into Chris's decision. He couldnt choose to date long-distance a girl who didn't even love him, when he had said all season he came here looking for a wife. And TPTB would have been pissed that two Bachlor seasons in a row had not produced a proposal and an exchange of ILY.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:13 pm

To bring it back to Becca, I am just glad sweet Becca did not cave into anything. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Cast can go through a totally different experience with TPTB depending on the role they played during their season.
Do you think Moana received the same treatment as Sarah? Bevin as Tessa?
I would venture to say we would get very different perceptions as to their own experiences. So because one cast didn't have certain tactics used, does not take away from others that did, even those that stayed in better resorts, had better dates, or a softer edit.
I would venture to say, but of course do not know, that if cue cards were used with Emily--and they definitely were, they have been used since. Rarely do TPTB retire a tactic once used.

Other than the over-use of her "virgin" tag, Becca came out of this experience very clean.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:27 pm

soccermom333 wrote:To bring it back to Becca, I am just glad  sweet Becca did not cave into anything.  Smiley  

Exactly she stayed true to who she is. Just a classy and beautiful woman inside and out.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz