SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 68 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 68 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by nannymargie Sat May 02, 2015 3:29 pm

whit90 wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
whit90 wrote:

How would we recognize her without the Kissy face?   She has to be the biggest fame whore that has ever come out of this show :yes:

You think so? I can think of Jake, Jesse, and Jef and probably a few more who IMO were much worse.

Sorry I should of put JMO but to me Jef went away pretty quickly so did Jesse and Jake would be my second choice.  So yes I think she is ....  I have yet to see another contestant put up so many IGs and tweets about themselves .

Becca and Des have a lot of IG but unless you follow other people you would not know how much they are posting.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 68 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Sprite Sat May 02, 2015 3:33 pm

metalgirl wrote:I think Sean Lowe beats most at the fame mongering.  His blog, book, public appearances, DWTS participation, post Bachelor appearances on BIP, etc. and massive amounts of unsolicited "advice" and commentary via Twitter and other Internet sites are pretty constant.

I think Andi has a way to go before she even approaches Sean's level of self-promotion and his desperate need to stay relevant.

If Sean was truly a fame monger he would have taken the opportunity to have his own reality show as was offered to him. He declined, Andi did not.

Some of the post show appearances are contractual and some are opportunities he was offered because he was so popular and the only Bachelor to actually marry his chosen F1. His blog is faith based. I hardly think speaking out about his faith is self promotion and an attempt to stay relevant. As for his tweets, IG, etc., I don't see him doing anything different than many people of his generation. I have friends who are on SM way more that he is. Even my own mother is becoming quite prolific!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat May 02, 2015 3:45 pm

nannymargie wrote:
whit90 wrote:
bleuberry wrote:

You think so? I can think of Jake, Jesse, and Jef and probably a few more who IMO were much worse.

Sorry I should of put JMO but to me Jef went away pretty quickly so did Jesse and Jake would be my second choice.  So yes I think she is ....  I have yet to see another contestant put up so many IGs and tweets about themselves .

Becca and Des have a lot of IG but unless you follow other people you would not know how much they are posting.

Sorry I follow Becca and she comes no where close to how many IGs she puts up compared to Andi . Des has a business to promote but I highly doubt she post what she ate today or pics. of her undies in her kitchen or how drunk she is. I would never follow MeAndi I get enough of her on this board.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Sat May 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Sprite wrote:
metalgirl wrote:I think Sean Lowe beats most at the fame mongering.  His blog, book, public appearances, DWTS participation, post Bachelor appearances on BIP, etc. and massive amounts of unsolicited "advice" and commentary via Twitter and other Internet sites are pretty constant.

I think Andi has a way to go before she even approaches Sean's level of self-promotion and his desperate need to stay relevant.

If Sean was truly a fame monger he would have taken the opportunity to have his own reality show as was offered to him. He declined, Andi did not.

Some of the post show appearances are contractual and some are opportunities he was offered because he was so popular and the only Bachelor to actually marry his chosen F1. His blog is faith based. I hardly think speaking out about his faith is self promotion and an attempt to stay relevant. As for his tweets, IG, etc., I don't see him doing anything different than many people of his generation. I have friends who are on SM way more that he is. Even my own mother is becoming quite prolific!

Seans book is all about his life and himself. Sean did DWTS - which is another reality show. Imagine if Andi were to write a book - why is there a double standard as to when she does things about herself vs when Sean does things about himself?

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Sat May 02, 2015 3:55 pm

whit90 wrote:
nannymargie wrote:
whit90 wrote:

Sorry I follow Becca and she comes no where close to how many IGs she puts up compared to Andi .  Des has a business to promote but I highly doubt she post what she ate today or pics. of her undies in her kitchen or how drunk she is. I would never follow MeAndi I get enough of her on this board.

I think Becca and Andi are close and Des post more products lately. I am not saying anything is bad with anyone posting but Andi gets slammed because of not being liked. Others post as much or just as much and it doesn't bother me at all. When it starts to bother me I will unfollow them.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat May 02, 2015 4:02 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
bachelorfan777 wrote:I hope Andi and/or Whitney Bischoff post pics of their adventures this weekend! Cant wait to see the hats!    laugh out loud

No hat's yet, but how about a kissyface?

Andi Dorfman @AndiDorfman  ·  11h 11 hours ago
We get dooooown at the Derby! @Sarah_Hyland
Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 68 CD-IeayVIAA-lbK[/quote]

Serious question: Does the endless stream of kissy faced photos give us a clue to Andi's obsession with appearances???  (By 'appearance' I mean physical looks, as opposing to looking like a fool.) Are the kissy faces done in order to make her face look thinner? Does she think she is more attractive or photogenic when she puckers? Is it to accentuated her cheekbone and elongate her neck? What??? She must have some motivation for doing it over and over again. Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 68 2292733854[/quote]
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat May 02, 2015 4:08 pm

nannymargie wrote:
whit90 wrote:
nannymargie wrote:

Sorry I follow Becca and she comes no where close to how many IGs she puts up compared to Andi .  Des has a business to promote but I highly doubt she post what she ate today or pics. of her undies in her kitchen or how drunk she is. I would never follow MeAndi I get enough of her on this board.

I think Becca and Andi are close and Des post more products lately.  I am not saying anything is bad with anyone posting but Andi gets slammed because of not being liked.  Others post as much or just as much and it doesn't bother me at all.  When it starts to bother me I will unfollow them.

Becca posted 20 IGs in the month of April usually about family and friends. I would say that Andi at least post about 20 per week big difference in my opinion. Andi gets slammed because of the post she makes it is always about MeAndi . JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 pm

I do think Andi needs to push hard in these, the last few weeks, of her reign.  
History tells us that the relevancy factor of a former lead will take a nosedive once the new princess takes over. 
(Adore Princess K)

I agree with whoever said Sean was able to remain relevant in part because he was the first Bachelor to ever marry.  That, plus his wedding aired which kept them in the spotlight longer. 

Let's face it, this franchise is promoting a fairytale ending.  A high percentage of viewers tune out post-show anyway but some previously interested viewers become bored when the relationship goes kaput.  All the shine dissipates off the newly/again single.  

It looks like she is promoting hard because she is.  It's her job now.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 02, 2015 4:38 pm

sara11 wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Seans book is all about his life and himself. Sean did DWTS - which is another reality show. Imagine if Andi were to write a book - why is there a double standard as to when she does things about herself vs when Sean does things about himself?

I don't want to get into this too much as this is the Andi thread, but I never begrudge people the opportunities that being a part of the Bachelor "family" brings them. Other leads and cast members have gotten gigs in the entertainment biz as a result of the show, be it tv or radio...Ali, Chris L, Jillian, Molly, Melissa, Michelle right off the top of my head. Melissa also stared on several other reality shows...before and post her Bachelor stint. Several have been on DWTS...Trista, Jake, Melissa, Sean and now Chris. Courtney and Melissa also wrote a book.

To answer your question, for me, the difference between Sean and Andi started from their time on the show. Their behaviour toward their potential mates was night and day. He was kind to everyone and she was not. Andi was all about Andi and that does not appear to have changed. While his book was about his life, it is more about how his faith fit with and shaped his life. The intent is different. He turned down a reality show about his life and she seized the opportunity to show us all about it. Sean is more interested in talking about God and His message and the Andi is more interested in talking about herself. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but the Andi I see is very different than the woman she portrayed herself to be. The driven prosecutor is gone and instead I see someone who just wants to have fun...on someone else's dime...on tv. I see a shallow individual. Perhaps she is searching for herself and her place in the world. Perhaps this will help her learn and grow. Perhaps it will lead to a kinder, more compassionate Andi. For her sake, I hope so, but I am sceptical to say the least.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat May 02, 2015 4:57 pm

I don't follow Andi on SM, only read about her on this site. She has 850k on Instagram and that's fairly impressive considering her popularity is from the Bachelor show that helps w a huge fan base and anyone who's looking for or is in some kind of business

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat May 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Idlemess wrote:I don't follow Andi on SM, only read about her on this site. She has 850k on Instagram and that's fairly impressive considering her popularity is from the Bachelor show that helps w a huge fan base and anyone who's looking for or is in some kind of business

She might have those kind of numbers but they can also be deceiving . The general public wants her to go away if you read the comments and a majority of posters do too. I disagree that she has that huge of a fan base. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat May 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Really the general public doesn't like Andi and want her to go away? I think that's a matter of opinion...... Like the saying it's a fine line between love and hate.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 81 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis