SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 35 of 81 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 58 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:44 am

Being that the Q&A is being held in an area referred to as the "livingroom" vs Sheldon Cooper Hall, tells me it's more social and recreational than academic, inspirational. 
These kind of things pay a small fee. 
Remember the little Q&A that was supposed to be held at the Mohegan Sun mall shops? Same type of deal. That was going to be held in an open area of the mall. 
I guess the lady needs to drum up some petty cash for her next vacay.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by sara11 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:02 am

In that podcast Dylan said he was offered $1000 for small appearances.. and that was Dylan. So I'm sure she's getting paid a couple of thousand.

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm

I thought he said 1000 for each week on  BIP?

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Oh sorry my mistake, thanks!

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes his comment was in relation to BIP.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:08 pm

sara11 wrote:In that podcast Dylan said he was offered $1000 for small appearances.. and that was Dylan. So I'm sure she's getting paid a couple of thousand.
That's what I heard as well. He and Brian got paid $1,000 for appearances like this one...

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 35 Nhgf10

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:49 pm

I think it was both. He definitely said $1000 for each episode of BIP and then said (paraphrased) when asked about post-bachelorette financial opportunities "you make a thousand here and a thousand there for an appearance and it does add up". Snookie got paid $32,000 to come speak at Rutgers at the height of her success, which received a lot of criticsism, but it just shows that d-listers can get paid quite a lot to do these appearances. I would predict 3-5k for Andi.

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:32 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I think it was both. He definitely said $1000 for each episode of BIP and then said (paraphrased) when asked about post-bachelorette financial opportunities "you make a thousand here and a thousand there for an appearance and it does add up". Snookie got paid $32,000 to come speak at Rutgers at the height of her success, which received a lot of criticsism, but it just shows that d-listers can get paid quite a lot to do these appearances. I would predict 3-5k for Andi.

:yes: :yes:

I just listened to Dylan's podcast last night and he definitely said that he walked away from about $1,000 per week for BIP and $1,000 for appearance as noted above. Dylan also said that he didn't cash in on his opportunities as others have in BachNation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Andi could make more than $3-5K as that's about how much my former company (high tech/software) would pay for non-celebrity speakers to be keynotes at our company's customer events with audience of about 1,200 professionals. Shoot, if Snookie can get $32K per appearance :shocked!: ... wow, I am in the wrong business for sure!!

I have to also add that Dylan was very fair and kind to Andi in his recap of time on show. Said that they formed a great friendship and that she was given full control to make all her own decisions. He was impressed with how well she did in weeding out the "60 percent" (his estimate) of guys who went on her season purely for self promotion. Dylan also said how crazy it was that folks can be really mean about her on Twitter/SM yet don't even know her. I have to admit that his words hit me in the gut. Embarressed!

I am not a frequent poster on her threads but realize that I have been somewhat harsh and judgmental at times. So ... gonna try to be better about that ... :Nod:
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Thanks for your honest post MVMom. It's not easy to admit our misjudgment at times. I am a professed JODI fan and didn't like NIck on the show. But I never went on his forum to try to sully his name. I know when we post things it could have a damning effect as the rag mags are always looking for 'scoop'. However, despite my dislike for Nick, I have noticed where he handled himself with maturity and I've even made comments saying that Josh could have learned a few things from how Nick handled things at times. I just think that launching into a character assassination of someone - regardless of who they might be, is nothing more than frivolous and mischievous.

That said, I totally endorse what Dylan said because he comes off as someone who has no hidden agenda and he is real. Imagine he chose to leave BIP when he could have stayed on to get extra cash. His leaving the way he did just highlights the integrity I know him to have. Therefore, I would accept what Dylan says as truth as he would have spent a good while on the show and he would have come to know Andi on some level - a level that we will never know her on. So I do think that half of the time, the hate targetted at her is unwarranted. Andi has never been perfect and neither are we. I always thought she was one of the stronger Bachelorettes because she was able to get a sense of the character of the guys on the show, better than any other Bachelorette has. She simply knows which questions to ask and when to ask them. So, she has been a good judge of character throughout, IMO. Yes she does make kissy faces, and she likes fashion and she apparently is at a crossroads with her career, but I don't think it's anything that she should be crucified for. Social media can really have adverse effects on people as there is so much bullying and thrashing going on. I don't want to add on to the pervasive negativity that is directed to these Bach alumni.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:38 pm

aviej wrote:Thanks for your honest post MVMom. It's not easy to admit our misjudgment at times. I am a professed JODI fan and didn't like NIck on the show. But I never went on his forum to try to sully his name. I know when we post things it could have a damning effect as the rag mags are always looking for 'scoop'. However, despite my dislike for Nick, I have noticed where he handled himself with maturity and I've even made comments saying that Josh could have learned a few things from how Nick handled things at times. I just think that launching into a character assassination of someone - regardless of who they might be, is nothing more than frivolous and mischievous.

That said, I totally endorse what Dylan said because he comes off as someone who has no hidden agenda and he is real. Imagine he chose to leave BIP when he could have stayed on to get extra cash. His leaving the way he did just highlights the integrity I know him to have. Therefore, I would accept what Dylan says as truth as he would have spent a good while on the show and he would have come to know Andi on some level - a level that we will never know her on. So I do think that half of the time, the hate targetted at her is unwarranted. Andi has never been perfect and neither are we. I always thought she was one of the stronger Bachelorettes because she was able to get a sense of the character of the guys on the show, better than any other Bachelorette has. She simply knows which questions to ask and when to ask them. So, she has been a good judge of character throughout, IMO. Yes she does make kissy faces, and she likes fashion and she apparently is at a crossroads with her career, but I don't think it's anything that she should be crucified for. Social media can really have adverse effects on people as there is so much bullying and thrashing going on. I don't want to add on to the pervasive negativity that is directed to these Bach alumni.

clapping! clapping!

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:39 pm

One thing that Dylan said that kind of made me think he was a little too trusting of Andi and maybe a bit naive was when he said "Andi told me that the producers don't tell her ANYTHING when it comes to keeping people. She makes the decision 100% herself". There have been so many ex-leads that have said pretty much the opposite, that the producers can't MAKE you do anything but they will bargain with you or even threaten you with a bed edit to make certain decisions, whether it's keeping a controversial person on longer or keeping a "potential future lead" on longer. I remember Jason saying in a podcast that Andi let someone "dramatic" go early (can't remember who) and he said that that told him that she was someone who wasn't easily pushed by TPTB and fought back on what she wanted to do. I can definitely believe that, but I don't buy Andi's statement that the producers don't tell her anything. This also doesn't have to do with Andi, but I don't really believe that Dylan or Brian were ever top contenders to be the next Bachelor like the producers told him. If it hadn't been Chris, I feel like Marcus would have been their next contender (or Arie, obviously).

Anyways, no matter how I feel about Andi, one thing I've always believed is that she is a good judge of character. The fact that she kept Nick even though everyone was telling her that he wasn't a good guy showed me that she had good instincts. It also says a lot that none of her top 6 guys were in it for the fame and/or had a girlfriend back home.

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:43 pm

Was I hearing things or did Dylan say near the beginning when they were looking at a photo of her "I made out with her btw" - bc that was not shown

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 81 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 58 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis