SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 34 of 81 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:54 pm

^I'd rather hear that kind of talk from someone who has successfully made the transition and not just in the planning stages of it. That would feel like the blind leading the blind to me.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by nannymargie Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:59 pm

umngirl wrote:^I'd rather hear that kind of talk from someone who has successfully made the transition and not just in the planning stages of it. That would feel like the blind leading the blind to me.

Why is there a time limit for this transition? No one know what she has been working on.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:02 am

nannymargie wrote:
umngirl wrote:^I'd rather hear that kind of talk from someone who has successfully made the transition and not just in the planning stages of it. That would feel like the blind leading the blind to me.

Why is there a time limit for this transition?  No one know what she has been working on.

I'm not saying there is. I'm saying that I personally wouldn't find her talking about her career and current transition very informative or interesting. Again this is JMO.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:06 am

Let's be honest, people will go because she was The Bachelorette, and they will wanna know about the last 1.5 years of her life. No different from any other speaking gigs these people take where they pose with fans and talk about their 'journey' for a night.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:13 am

I wouldn't take her seriously. And that goes with anyone still pretty new/early career (1-3 years). I'm in early in my career, but I also don't know how I would try to "advise" students who are at crossroads because in all honesty, everyone will have a different path. Most people who are early in their careers are looking for people/mentors who have been through this process for advice, not someone who is just starting out IMO. These students wouldn't benefit from Andi's story because she hasn't even "made it" yet. It might help students understand that there isn't always a straight path, but most people will figure that out once they leave school.

I'd rather much hear about her experience on reality TV if I were a college student. That is probably more interesting and unique to talk about.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:22 am

I'm a bit out of touch with what happens in college. But would a university invite you to talk about a TV show? I always thought it was something motivational, I could be wrong.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:30 am

aviej wrote:I'm a bit out of touch with what happens in college. But would a university invite you to talk about a TV show? I always thought it was something motivational, I could be wrong.

I think anything goes these days. There are educational/motivational speakers, but I can also see her appearance help the college community come together. Like someone previously mentioned, they'll go because she was on The Bachelorette. And hearing her talk about being on reality TV is something interesting because not many people in life get to do that.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:33 am

Mane Entertainment at LMU

Thursday, April 16at 8:00pm in PDT
Next Week
LMU Living Room
Come on out for a Q&A featuring the Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman!!! She is notable for being a contestant on the eighteenth season of The Bachelor, and the main character on tenth season of The Bachelorette.

She became famous for walking out on bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis in the ninth episode of Bachelor. On her season, her choice as the winner was Josh Murray, to whom she became engaged in May; on January 8, 2015, Murray and Dorfman announced their decision to end their engagement. Come out for a Q&A you won't wanna miss!

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:38 am

It depends which group at the university invited her. There are probably various group on campus who would definitely target more of the reality tv audience and her talking about the show. I don't see how this could really be a motivational/inspirational/more informational talk like some people give on life lessons, faith, etc.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:12 am

I like Andi because I can see some "Andiness" in my own children (long story!). I have faith in Andi and I think she is a smart young woman, therefore, she still has time to figure out something to do, professionally, that will make her happy.

And who knows, maybe some day, she'll find someone who can accept her-- exactly for who she is...

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:36 am

Jeepers wrote:Mane Entertainment at LMU

Thursday, April 16at 8:00pm in PDT
Next Week
LMU Living Room
Come on out for a Q&A featuring the Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman!!! She is notable for being a contestant on the eighteenth season of The Bachelor, and the main character on tenth season of The Bachelorette.

She became famous for walking out on bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis in the ninth episode of Bachelor. On her season, her choice as the winner was Josh Murray, to whom she became engaged in May; on January 8, 2015, Murray and Dorfman announced their decision to end their engagement. Come out for a Q&A you won't wanna miss!
If this is the purpose of the Q&A, I don't know what else Andi could say about her stint on the shows that has not already been said. To me that's water under the bridge.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:06 am

Maybe Barbara Walters turned them down. Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 34 2498057887
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 81 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis