SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 62 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:17 pm

I have to disagree on some points. Des and Jillian were both successful prior to going on the 'ette. They used their exposure to their advantage in a business savy humble manner. Emily didn't have a real job, but IMO her popularity gave her the self esteem to do something with herself. All three of these ladies use SM showcasing their talents, and promoting their line of work which are all extremely successful especially Jillian and Des.

Andi, had 1 yr of working in law, and that's about it. She doesn't have any big names knocking on her door and unlike the others, she hasn't established herself using her own ideas, she's waiting for that phone call based on her "fame". She moved to NYC in order to have more opportunity. She IMO isn't doing anything different that she was before. She's selling scarves, peddles hair and facial products.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by KB_Mom Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 pm

I can't add to what has already been very well stated above, but kudos to Mia Hawk for a truly excellent question. clapping!

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:56 pm

The thing I find interesting about Andi and the path she has chosen is that that is exactly what Sean did. He reinvented himself after TB. I think that opportunities arise after TB finishes and it would be silly to not entertain them.

Do I think Andi has it all figured it…no. But I do think she is trying, she is working, promoting herself and the products she is supporting and going forward.

Not unlike so many other bach/ettes.
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:01 pm

eliza3 wrote:The thing I find interesting about Andi and the path she has chosen is that that is exactly what Sean did.   He reinvented himself after TB.  I think that opportunities arise after TB finishes and it would be silly to not entertain them.  

Do I think Andi has it all figured it…no.  But I do think she is trying, she is working, promoting herself and the products she is supporting and going forward.

Sean was always in the business/entrepreneur fields which is exactly what he does today, only now he has more investment opportunities and more money to fund those businesses with.

Andi is completely changing fields. I mean, more power to her, but she still seems to be lacking a direction at this time.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 pm

It worked for Sean, but he also had DWTS and his 'success story' (marrying his f1) to give him a boost. It's good that Andi is open to it and actively putting herself out there in case something happens to work out, but it would make me antsy.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:32 am

GuardianAngel wrote:I have to disagree on some points. Des and Jillian were both successful prior to going on the 'ette. They used their exposure to their advantage in a business savy humble manner. Emily didn't have a real job, but IMO her popularity gave her the self esteem to do something with herself. All three of these ladies use SM showcasing their talents, and promoting their line of work which are all extremely successful especially Jillian and Des.

Andi, had 1 yr of working in law, and that's about it. She doesn't have any big names knocking on her door and unlike the others, she hasn't established herself using her own ideas, she's waiting for that phone call based on her "fame". She moved to NYC in order to have more opportunity. She IMO isn't doing anything different that she was before. She's selling scarves, peddles hair and facial products.

JMO, but I don't think that Catherine and Emily are making the bulk of their money because of "talent". I've read that Emily earns one of the highest Reward Style points in the blog world, which means that she's basically getting paid a ton of money because people like the way she dresses. I don't think that her jewelry line is anything too unique or innovative, and I question how much she's truly involved in the design process; it seems like it's just a case of a celebrity putting their name on a fragrance. Even with Catherine, who is a talented visual designer, seems to make the bulk of her money with her endorsements and affiliate links. I don't really know how successful her (overpriced) stationary line was, but, since it's no longer available, I'm guessing not very?

I respect Jillian and Des a lot more, since they primarily used their fame to gain exposure for the talents and careers they already had. Yet, they both also have used their fame to basically do the same thing people (rightfully) accuse Andi of. Jillian uses Reward Style points/affiliate links on her blog for her clothing and Des shills apps, FabFitFun boxes, Sseko handbags, Modify watches, etc. This has nothing to do with interior design or wedding dresses, but they obviously do it because it makes them very easy money.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:41 am

chasingpavements wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I have to disagree on some points. Des and Jillian were both successful prior to going on the 'ette. They used their exposure to their advantage in a business savy humble manner. Emily didn't have a real job, but IMO her popularity gave her the self esteem to do something with herself. All three of these ladies use SM showcasing their talents, and promoting their line of work which are all extremely successful especially Jillian and Des.

JMO, but I don't think that Catherine and Emily are making the bulk of their money because of "talent". I've read that Emily earns one of the highest Reward Style points in the blog world, which means that she's basically getting paid a ton of money because people like the way she dresses. I don't think that her jewelry line is anything too unique or innovative, and I question how much she's truly involved in the design process; it seems like it's just a case of a celebrity putting their name on a fragrance. Even with Catherine, who is a talented visual designer, seems to make the bulk of her money with her endorsements and affiliate links. I don't really know how successful her (overpriced) stationary line was, but, since it's no longer available, I'm guessing not very?

I respect Jillian and Des a lot more, since they primarily used their fame to gain exposure for the talents and careers they already had. Yet, they both also have used their fame to basically do the same thing people (rightfully) accuse Andi of. Jillian uses Reward Style points/affiliate links on her blog for her clothing and Des shills apps, FabFitFun boxes, Sseko handbags, Modify watches, etc. This has nothing to do with interior design or wedding dresses, but they obviously do it because it makes them very easy money.  

Reward Style publishes their top 25 earners every Feb during Fashion Week and Emily hasn't been on it ever that I know of. And I don't have access to Catherine's finances, but she does design work with several companies so I think she earns more from that work than her occasional affiliate link or the free stuff she advertises when she receives it. The reason the stationary line isn't available is because the partnership ended. It had nothing to do with the success of the line.

But this is getting away from Andi. I'll get back on topic.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:44 am

Kashathediva wrote:Because she is MEandI Dorkman.
cantstopl how hilariously entertaining is it that this thread has become our "for kicks & giggles" thread.... hope Andi stays very far from here eve though I think she could soooo use the self-reflection
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:45 am

Emily has definitely been on Reward Style's top 10 sellers list before, or one of their lists. Probably not for a while though.

chasingpavements: that's pretty much my impression as well. I think people would cut Andi some slack if she did these things as a side gig a la Jillian and Des. And while it isn't her fault, it's quite the fall from assistant DA and so it's hard for people to forget how she/the show sold her to the viewers.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 am

^Not in the last three years that I can see. So basically not since Reward Style and LikeToKnowIt really took off since RS started in 2011 and LTKI started just a year ago. Funnily enough, Sean's sister and her friend Shaeffer have been on the Top 25 list the last two years. FTR, this is the yearly top 25. They release the monthly ones to people with RS but I'm not one of them.

Last edited by umngirl on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 am

umngirl wrote:
eliza3 wrote:The thing I find interesting about Andi and the path she has chosen is that that is exactly what Sean did.   He reinvented himself after TB.  I think that opportunities arise after TB finishes and it would be silly to not entertain them.  

Do I think Andi has it all figured it…no.  But I do think she is trying, she is working, promoting herself and the products she is supporting and going forward.

Sean was always in the business/entrepreneur fields which is exactly what he does today, only now he has more investment opportunities and more money to fund those businesses with.

Andi is completely changing fields. I mean, more power to her, but she still seems to be lacking a direction at this time.

Just curious but what *is* sean doing anyway -- please feel free to respond in his thread i'll follow you there...

meanwhile -- let's not deny that celebrity brings with it very easy money and perks who would turn those down? however much we accuse the people of wanting to hold onto their 15mins for dear life -- it does afford some luxuries and access and even "ins"/open doors etc. I can think of countless ways the leads and their F1s-F2 or even other contestants have benefited immensely not only financially but beyond -- I don't fault any of them for trying to keep that "perk" alive like trista has done for ages... I do have a problem with the way it makes the cast offs completely absorbed in a very unrealistic hyped up bubble they seem to create for themselves post show... I respect people like Ashley & JP but also Des + Jill in how tethered they were to themselves and their skills/journeys simply using the opportunities towards those ends rather than becoming consumed and driven by it...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:57 am

^If you go over to their section we discuss what he has been doing. Feel free to head over there. Smiley

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis