SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 61 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 61 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:23 pm

peggy0221 wrote:So this is the difference we have and I think it doesn't make either one of us a bad person:

You like Andi and you see a love story between her and Josh, you believe what you see in her.
I don't like Andi and I only see a showmance between them, I don't buy anything she sells.

And you would say nice thing to those u like
And I would leave ONE comment to her to say it in her face (kind of) that I don't buy it, so get over it.

Yes, maybe this is very evil of me and be it.
I cannot forget how mean she was as well.

I don't believe that it has to be one or the other. I'm very much not an Andi fan. On the whole, I think that she's spoiled, entitled, mean, and lacks compassion and maturity. I still believe that she truly did fall in love with Josh and feels like a failure for not being able to make that relationship work. I also feel sorry that she that has to constantly hear that she is a s-l-u-t for sleeping with F2 (when 95% of the leads have done the same) or that she is solely responsible for the breakup. I think that Josh is a nice guy, but some of his SM activity and comments after last season's ATFR tell me that he's pretty hot-tempered and stubborn as well; I'm not going to put the blame entirely on a person I've never even met.

At the end of the day, I don't feel TOO bad for any of these people because they chose to go on TV and be public figures. But, I also think it's important to remember that they are human and being a good person means that you shouldn't anyone unnecessary emotional pain. Yeah, she was mean to Nick but he's obviously gotten over it. So can I!

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 61 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Chancy Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:24 pm

So Andi seems to have lined up some kind of reality TV gig in NYC? The rooftop picture with Sharleen, the camera recording her at the gym, the giddy tease about a new project Bach fans will enjoy. Elan was in NY I think in March, pictured with Andi. Of course, Nick was in NY pictured with Sharleen, then later meets Kaitlin in NY.

Meanwhile Andi and Sharleen are pictured at museums, rooftop drinks, magic tricks and take out food with the girls watching the Bruce Jenner interview. Is it Andi does NY and gets paid for it? Or, considering the involvement of Sharleen, Elan, Nick, and Nikki who has just booked tickets for NYC, could it be an expanding of the franchise East. Or focusing on Bachelor Nation rather than individual couples?

Chancy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Or simply much ado about nothing.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Sprite wrote:
umngirl wrote:I had a friend that she banned for saying one negative criticism about one of her outfits.

I'm all for banning people who are downright stalkerish, abusive, or use excessive profanities. Those are all valid reasons to ban someone on SM IMO. But banning people for simple negative opinions feels very petty.

I think Andi pretty much established she was pretty petty during her season. No criticism or opinion that differed from hers went unchallenged and that apparently continues. Having said that, I never understand the need to follow people you don't like on their social media....and let's face it, there is more and more SM out there. It used to be FB, but now there is also twitter and instagram and something new everyday. I have a hard time just keeping up with what goes on here. I don't have time to follow all the other stuff...let alone leave nasty comments. And having said that, if you don't like people leaving nasty comments...make it private...unless you are attention seeking...which let's face it, she is. How long will that last? Until the next flavour of the month comes along...unless she really has something to offer...which I am not seeing at the moment. She is floundering and has been for a while. As much as I dislike her, I also feel very sorry for her. So much potential seemingly going to waste.

Good Post I agree
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:32 pm

SueSt wrote:
leselihau wrote:
Sprite wrote:

I'm with you Kasha. I really try to avoid things/people that annoy me as much as possible...and I certainly don't seek them out! On the other hand, you just can't get away from a lot of stupidity since it is everywhere ... unless you want to live like a hermit with no TV/internet/news ... and I don't and like you, that often brings out the snarky itch. As much as I am amazed that people have the time to waste leaving nasty, anonymous comments on people's social media, I am just as amazed at the stupid/intimate stuff people put out there themselves. I am left shaking my head thinking that common sense is becoming extinct!

I usually have a pretty good hold on my snark...but there are occasions when my snark beats my common sense to the keyboard.   Hugesmile

giggling yes Good one!  leselihau!!

Well said...I have gotten myself in trouble a time or two. Snark happens..... giggling
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Rolly wrote:
Sprite wrote:
umngirl wrote:I had a friend that she banned for saying one negative criticism about one of her outfits.

I'm all for banning people who are downright stalkerish, abusive, or use excessive profanities. Those are all valid reasons to ban someone on SM IMO. But banning people for simple negative opinions feels very petty.

I think Andi pretty much established she was pretty petty during her season. No criticism or opinion that differed from hers went unchallenged and that apparently continues. Having said that, I never understand the need to follow people you don't like on their social media....and let's face it, there is more and more SM out there. It used to be FB, but now there is also twitter and instagram and something new everyday. I have a hard time just keeping up with what goes on here. I don't have time to follow all the other stuff...let alone leave nasty comments. And having said that, if you don't like people leaving nasty comments...make it private...unless you are attention seeking...which let's face it, she is. How long will that last? Until the next flavour of the month comes along...unless she really has something to offer...which I am not seeing at the moment. She is floundering and has been for a while. As much as I dislike her, I also feel very sorry for her. So much potential seemingly going to waste.

Good Post I agree

Ditto here totally agree with this post. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 61 3806527698
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 pm

^ And keep your undies out of the kitchen- or at least off SM giggling

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:49 pm

KB_Mom wrote:^ And keep your undies out of the kitchen- or at least off SM giggling

rofl rofl rotfl rotfl yes
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:45 pm

This is a real question: Why is Andi's SM setting currently Public instead of Private?

Is it because:
a) She was required (as the Bachelorette) to promote the show & her relationship with Josh because of a contract with the show, and she's never bothered to change the setting.
b) She believes she has a true relationship with her "fans" from the show and wants to continue that relationship.
c) She is using SM as an income-generating tool, promoting products for payment.
d) She is a 29-year old woman who thinks over-sharing her personal minutia is socially acceptable and fun.

Why? I truly wish to know why? Because, the answer to that question dictates (in my mind) what her response to negative posts should be and how she operates on SM in general.  

Ideally:
If SM is a personal avenue for her and just for fun, then she should keep it personal and private.
If her SM is for professional purposes, then she should keep it professional in nature and public.
The mish-mash approach just doesn't work for me.

I don't respect a 29 year old woman who needs to be an exhibitionist on social media for attention or amusement. Maybe that's just my age showing. But, to me, it reeks of immaturity.

And I don't respect a person who is trying to conduct business (as a spokes person for a brand, etc) who is also prone to personal nonsense (undies in kitchen, drunk surfing). That depletes the respect I have for her in the business arena.

Again, why is her SM so prolific and vapid and set to "Public"? Why?

Last edited by MiaHawk on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Because she is MEandI Dorkman.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 pm

MiaHawk wrote:This is a real question: Why is Andi's SM setting currently Public instead of Private?

Is it because:
a) She was required (as the Bachelorette) to promote the show & her relationship with Josh because of a contract with the show, and she's never bothered to change the setting.
b) She believes she has a true relationship with her "fans" from the show and wants to continue that relationship.
c) She is using SM as an income-generating tool, promoting products for payment.
d) She is a 29-year old woman who thinks over-sharing her personal minutia is socially acceptable and fun.

Why? I truly wish to know why? Because, the answer to that question dictates (in my mind) what her response to negative posts should be and how she operates on SM in general.  

Ideally:
If SM is a personal avenue for her and just for fun, then she should keep it personal and private.
If her SM is for professional purposes, then she should keep it professional in nature and public.

I don't respect a 29 year old woman who needs to be an exhibitionist on social media for attention or amusement. Maybe that's just my age showing. But, to me, it reeks of immaturity.

And I don't respect a person who is trying to conduct business (as a spokes person for a brand, etc) who is also prone to personal nonsense (undies in kitchen, drunk surfing). That depletes the respect I have for her in the business arena.

I think it's a combination of b and c. I would say d too, but she just turned 28 (for some reason 28 and 29 seem very far apart to me...that's probably my fear of turning 26 this year talking though). I think that anyone who goes on a reality TV show is at least partially interested in fame and attention. There are a few rare exceptions, but, for the most part, these people, even the nice ones, like to be talked about and admired. Their self-esteem comes from how how many followers they have and how many retweets and likes and favorites they can get. And, then, obviously the endorsements come into play. I think that if Andi JUST had her endorsements on her Twitter and IG, she would quickly lose popularity. No one is going to be interested in looking at just her detox masks and Dress Barn posts; they visit her SM accounts because they want a glimpse at her life and personality. That's how she builds her brand and gets approached for the endorsements. It's really no different than what Des, Catherine, and Emily Maynard have done. JMO, but I think that the reason that Des is probably a lot less successful in terms of endorsements and Reward Style Points than the other two is because she doesn't put her whole life out there. As much as I judge them, the other girls have been able to basically make a living off of their fame from the Bachelor/ette, so they must be doing something right.

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm

MiaHawk wrote:This is a real question: Why is Andi's SM setting currently Public instead of Private?

Is it because:

Ideally:

Because she is a famewhore who is desperately trying not to end her 15 minutes of fame.  I totally agree with  your post . So my answer would be D.  I have never respected her and never will someone who is so selfish and treats people without any empathy bans people who say negative things about her. :uptonogood :headbanging JMO

Last edited by whit90 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis