SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 47 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 47 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by luvlady345 Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:00 pm

So Josh was honest?  But in the next breath said they are friends which is a LIE....

Last edited by luvlady345 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 47 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by bleuberry Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Josh lied there too IMO, but he was doing damage control. Andi ran to Twitter to do the opposite.

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 47 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Well, that's the opportunity that was presented, she didn't know what was going to be printed in People....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by sosad Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:27 pm

I think they are BOTH still hurting and each of them handles it differently. I give them both a pass because they are young and having to live their heartbreak in public. It can't be easy!

sosad

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:38 pm

Josh didn't clarify the answer to the original question. He simply said "No." That's as straight forward as it comes. Sure he went on to say they were friends or friendly or whatever, but maybe in his mind the fact they were no longer taking public shots at each other meant they were on good terms.

Andi just needs to be more direct and not beat around the bush. She also needs to stop going to social media to clarify, subtweet, or respond. It's not gaining her any fans.

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 47 87b72b10 fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 47 86669110 fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 47 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:50 pm

Former leads have said they are given media training which makes sense since the franchise takes a typical person and they are then thrust into the public as a spokesperson for the franchise. I assume they would be taught one of the basic tools - stay on message.  Giving an interview about not being interested in dating instead wanting to focus of singlehood and opportunities then giving another about all the cute guys in NY is poor practice.

Wasn't Andi's first degree in communications? 
Effective lawyers use language to convince and inform. 
On paper, Andi should be a skilled orator well versed in the connotations of language. 

Food for thought.

Last edited by notarose on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Media training at it finest to me it was clarifying he didn't want to come off as an insensitive jerk to some, but we are friends though was added, you just see it differently than I do, but what are you going to do? It is what it is.... He gotta, do what he has to do, he is on the hunt to become the next bachelor.....

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 pm

bleuberry wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:I don't blame Andi on bit for clearing or trying to clear it up...  It's amazing how people are clapping their hands in glee at the thought of Andi pining away for Josh, so yeah kudos from me...  She made be able to douse some of the thing but yeah I am glad about this one... And some will still not believe it..

She didn't say she was misquoted though, she probably just wished she'd gone a step further to say slim to none. She seems to back up the quote by saying 'never say never may not be in my vocabulary but...'

I didn't think she was implying she was misquoted either. "Never say never" basically means the same as "never is not in my vocabulary". So I think what she meant to say was "Never is not in my vocabulary but slim to none is". She just got confused by her own wit and made an error, so the tweet makes no sense.

Anyway, I think a part of her is still pining for Josh and that's why she won't just say "No". Slim to none is still more than "no". If she was fully over him and ready to move on with her life, then she wouldn't be contradicting herself all over the place. To me it just sounds like she doesn't want to reveal her true thoughts and feelings, so she says whatever sounds the best in the moment and then forgets what she said by the time the next interviewer comes along. She's just so painfully fake, I couldn't even finish watching that video up thread. I'm not expecting her to pour her heart out to random people, but just stop acting! Especially when you're so horrible at it.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:06 am

I am not an Andi fan, but this one bugs me much less than undies drying in the kitchen. If Josh was really the first man she loved, I am okay with her holding out a slim hope of working it out. It has only three months and truly if this is the first time to love then have a little hope but move on too. To me that is what she is doing.

IMO Andi would try again but Josh would not. Both are okay ways to feel.

Now overall, I think Andi would do well to not share so much on Twitter.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:26 am

mindless wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:I don't blame Andi on bit for clearing or trying to clear it up...  It's amazing how people are clapping their hands in glee at the thought of Andi pining away for Josh, so yeah kudos from me...  She made be able to douse some of the thing but yeah I am glad about this one... And some will still not believe it..

She didn't say she was misquoted though, she probably just wished she'd gone a step further to say slim to none. She seems to back up the quote by saying 'never say never may not be in my vocabulary but...'

I didn't think she was implying she was misquoted either. "Never say never" basically means the same as "never is not in my vocabulary". So I think what she meant to say was "Never is not in my vocabulary but slim to none is". She just got confused by her own wit and made an error, so the tweet makes no sense.

Anyway, I think a part of her is still pining for Josh and that's why she won't just say "No". Slim to none is still more than "no". If she was fully over him and ready to move on with her life, then she wouldn't be contradicting herself all over the place. To me it just sounds like she doesn't want to reveal her true thoughts and feelings, so she says whatever sounds the best in the moment and then forgets what she said by the time the next interviewer comes along. She's just so painfully fake, I couldn't even finish watching that video up thread. I'm not expecting her to pour her heart out to random people, but just stop acting! Especially when you're so horrible at it.

HA!  VERY well said mindless!  yes
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:36 am

What exactly did she say that was so wrong? If she didn't say "never say never" it's well within her right to clarify. We live in the age of social media, twitter is usually the place people clear things up. There's a distinct difference in the tone of 'slim to none' to 'never say never'. The latter makes it sound as if she's pining after him which some here were quick to point out when this quote first surfaced. Also slim to none is basically a no without it coming off as harsh. She's had the same bottom line every time she's been asked about Josh, just maybe different wording, which is that she's starting new, she's happy with where she is now, wishes him the best, and though she hasn't said 'we're never getting back together' she hasn't said or implied that she wants to get back together either

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:26 am

GuardianAngel wrote:That IMO is the issue. She didn't have the same honesty as Josh. She beats around the bush because maybe she can't admit it herself that there's no hope.

Slim to none is not, No. Never say never is not No.  I don't miss her, is no.

I would applaud her if she was honest. Either of those quotes are leaving an ounce of hope. JMHO

Actually, I think that she WAS being honest when she said "never say never". I truly believe that she really did fall in love with Josh and was devastated when he (presumably) dumped her. I can totally buy that there's still a tiny part of her that thinks "well, maybe, ONE day...". I don't think that she would be (allegedly) snooping through his Twitter account and sending subtweets about him if she was 100% over him. I completely believe that she's still hurting and I believe that this was a "failure" that she subconsciously still hopes to fix. I think she probably didn't mean to reveal that, and said "never say never" in a off-hand kind of way, never thinking that they would make it the focus.

What bothers me about her is the tweet "clarifying" what she meant. It's like, she just can't have anyone think "oh, Andi is still hurting" or "Andi got dumped". Let people say what they are going to say! You didn't see Josh running to Twitter to clarify what he meant when people called him insensitive for what he said about Andi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis