SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 43 of 81 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by california90 Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:02 pm

SueSt wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:^^^ Because she is irritating.

Brevity is the soul of wit.  Touche B2W!!!

rofl hehehe rofl hehehe

She makes it so easy to dislike her and laugh at her. She doesn't even have to try hard for me to be like "You're a complete joke and I'm laughing at you". It's kind of sad when I say it like that. :X

Also clarifying that it's most of the time that I feel that about Andi. There are very few occasions when she doesn't irk me.

Last edited by california90 on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

california90

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 43 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by Jolena Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:04 pm

Im going to refrain from an opinion on these articles, each article she says something different. nothing consistent who knows what she's thinking. no idea
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4304

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:34 pm

SueSt wrote:I think Andi was honestly looking for love on the show.  But she tried on the fiancée role and it didn’t fit.    Just like she tried on a lawyer role, a fashion designer role, a celebrity role.  She appears to be searching for what life/lifestyle would fit her best; I think searching is appropriate at her age.  And I actually commend for her commitment, she seems to throw herself into each role with a full heart.  Good for her; ultimately she will settle down and find the life that suits her best.  

My lingering distaste for Andi is about the way she treated Nick.  They both appear to have moved on and that’s terrific.  But her lack of empathy was stunning.  

Great post sue :yes:
This is exactly what i kept coming up against during her season -- she really was so much in that developmental phase -- i don't think she knew what she wanted at all during the show...that was *my* biggest hold up with her... nick was someone that pushed her to grow and engaged her on so many diff levels but she was not into taking those steps to grow. andi used to be very black and white. very -- this is the template life and how I want to live it let me go and build that and here's hte perfect guy to fit that picture of my success... it's great to actually see her break that mold and realize that the journey is what's so worthwhile -- which is the perspective nick has always had...

Last edited by emusha on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Well it's nice to see that Andi continues to confirm my original opinion of her:

1. Not going back to law.
2. MeAndi.
3. Thinks she is better than anyone.
4. MeAndi.
5. Don't cross me.
6. MeAndi.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:59 pm

notarose wrote:^
From the People interview:

Dorfman previously called her broken engagement the "biggest failure of my life," but the split seems to have taught her a valuable lesson. 

"I'm just being selective this time," she explains.

when i read this I simply *hear* her say that she had no clue what she wanted + needed in a relationship/guy while filming the bette
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 pm

emusha wrote:
SueSt wrote:I think Andi was honestly looking for love on the show.  But she tried on the fiancée role and it didn’t fit.    Just like she tried on a lawyer role, a fashion designer role, a celebrity role.  She appears to be searching for what life/lifestyle would fit her best; I think searching is appropriate at her age.  And I actually commend for her commitment, she seems to throw herself into each role with a full heart.  Good for her; ultimately she will settle down and find the life that suits her best.  

My lingering distaste for Andi is about the way she treated Nick.  They both appear to have moved on and that’s terrific.  But her lack of empathy was stunning.  

Great post sue :yes:
This is exactly what i kept coming up against during her season -- she really was so much in that developmental phase -- i don't think she knew what she wanted at all during the show...that was *my* biggest hold up with her... nick was someone that pushed her to grow and engaged her on so many diff levels but she was not into taking those steps to grow. andi used to be very black and white. very -- this is the template life and how I want to live it let me go and build that and here's hte perfect guy to fit that picture of my success... it's great to actually see her break that mold and realize that the journey is what's so worthwhile -- which is the perspective nick has always had...i think this is what andi needs right now and i'm glad she's getting this chance to try and figure herself out.

I think it is at Andi's core to be a more linear thinker and that is beneficial to her as the majority of people are brown bears (borrowing from Sharleen) and that's what makes the world work as we know it. It is evident even in the way she approaches this latest series of changes. Some day she will hopefully find a mate that is less esoteric than Nick but more introspective than Josh or herself.  That would be a better balance for her, and less stressful. It would allow her and her partner to grow together. 
 People like Nick, JJ, or Sharleen are basically "pandas" at birth lolpanda  meaning if a person isn't like them inherently then catching up to them isn't nor should it be expected or wanted. It is far better to be one's natural self.  Andi is meant to continue to grow and be a better version of her unique self if that's her plan. 
It much more beneficial for Andi to be friends with Sharleen and learn from her than to have been in a romantic relationship with Nick (or someone like him), and in the long run would not be satisfying for Nick.  Sharleen basically chastised him in her finale blog pointing out that he should have maintained his sceptical perceptiveness and if he had he wouldn't have lost his way. 
 Kaitlyn's personality is a more equitable match in that she is nearer his level of introspection so they could potential grow together in an organic sense.  She may even be a panda herself   Smiley 
We'll have to wait and see.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:40 am

That is a fantastic point NR that Andi would likely get more out of a friendship with sharleen.
I always thought that Andi was missing out on so much depth in the relationship with Nick but you are right -- the way she handled things and how she appears to process/make decisions -- being around sharleen could be what helps her branch out into more out-of-the-box thinking...rather than what she had with nick which I almost felt like she was absolutely resisting/afraid of it cos it was forcing her to be so exposed due to multifaceted intimacy....

I completely agree that nick wouldn't get all that he'd want/need in that pairing but it's evident even from the fact that nick and her keep the same company that there's something about their personalities that clicked... we'll have to wait and see how nick and kaitlyn work together -- i expect she's allll about out-of-the-box thinking and that her worldview is more similar to Nick's than Andi's ever was with him...I can see kaitlyn really bringing soo much into a relationship with nick -- she's got depth, laughter, conversation, adventure/spontaneity -- across the board seems much more aligned with him

I agree with you that sharleen and nick are the kind of personalities that you either "get" or you don't. I think sharleen is more skilled at explaining herself than Nick who doesn't seem to even want to bother with it much when it comes to a public perception but they're my favorite out of this show and I'm excited to watch nick and his bumblings on tv again... giggling AND read sharleen's commentary on it!

as for andi -- all the best to her -- I moved on from MEandI quite completely during the airing of her season laugh out loud there's very little that's still appealing to me about her...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:06 am

IMO, Andi has always had a superiority complex.
IMO, she has now hitched her ego to the fact that she has a NYC zip code.
IMO, she is trying to take the 'better' qualities of NYC--it's big, important, ambitious, never sleeps, etc--and project them onto herself.

Well, the Great Pyramid of Giza is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. But an ant crawling up the side of the Great Pyramid of Giza is still just an ant.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:50 am

MiaHawk wrote:IMO, Andi has always had a superiority complex.
IMO, she has now hitched her ego to the fact that she has a NYC zip code.
IMO, she is trying to take the 'better' qualities of NYC--it's big, important, ambitious, never sleeps, etc--and project them onto herself.

Well, the Great Pyramid of Giza is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. But an ant crawling up the side of the Great Pyramid of Giza is still just an ant.

hehehe

You know you've set the bar pretty low for yourself, when you think moving to a city where 8 million other people already live is some great achievement that makes you special. Well I guess it's the only thing she has right now to talk about. I hope she does write a book, and that no one buys it. I know I have have even less interest in reading her thoughts than I do reading Sean's, and I have absolutely no interest in the latter.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:23 am

I still like Andi a lot, but there are a lot of "Andi's" in NYC. She's not a special snowflake here, and I worry about what's going to happen when she realizes it. There are a lot of women (and men) here who are just as much trying to figure things out and do different things in business/entertainment/fashion/etc., but they are richer, prettier, more well-connected, more famous, more ambitious, more cutthroat, have a more prestigious educational pedigree, etc.

Andi is, IMO, still at the infatuation stage with NYC. I'll be curious to see if she's still here a year or two down the road.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:38 am

Good Post  kimberlyg

She has a tendency to start things and not finish them. Maybe it's all part of trying to figure out what she wants to do with herself.

I was going to say I haven't read any posts about her blog lately and that's one example of starting and not finishing. I decided to go check it out. It says "coming soon a brand new look for a brand new chapter".

Rolling Eyes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 am

kimberlyg wrote:I still like Andi a lot, but there are a lot of "Andi's" in NYC.  She's not a special snowflake here, and I worry about what's going to happen when she realizes it.  There are a lot of women (and men) here who are just as much trying to figure things out and do different things in business/entertainment/fashion/etc., but they are richer, prettier, more well-connected, more famous, more ambitious, more cutthroat, have a more prestigious educational pedigree, etc.

Andi is, IMO, still at the infatuation stage with NYC.  I'll be curious to see if she's still here a year or two down the road.

Good Post. I think that really says it all about what Andi is in for, IMO.

To me, it appears her desire to be in "fashion" is actually a desire to have herself photographed. That, to me, is modelling. Or wanting a Kardashian lifestyle of being rich and famous for being rich and famous. Neither is likely for her, IMO. NYC is a pricey place to try to live off making appearances as an ex reality tv star.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 81 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis