SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Moved from the No Discussion Thread.

emusha wrote:
‘I want to meet someone and this show is a way of forcing myself to put my love life first,’ he says, adding that his amazing mum has many attributes he’d like in a partner.

‘I want someone who will be a great mother for my children. But I also want someone who is a lot of fun, because mum has taught me how important that is.’

hmmm for some reason this reads as guy code for -- i have never prioritized my love life before and I still prioritize my friends over anything and also the chance to have fun. the right girl would be someone who'd fit in with that. it's reading as he's not "ready" and looking for that marriage lifestyle yet -- but a fun girlfriend who has a similar lifestyle as him...which is fine just slightly different as what he seems to be saying if u don't read between the lines

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:54 am

AllAboutLove wrote:This was posted in SM no discussion thread so moving it over here...

robinvi wrote:Have you guys read this mean article.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/67655094/why-the-bachelor-demeans-us-all
It is mean, yes but honestly, to me it is just a ridiculous article. It is ridiculous to call it demeaning considering that Art only kissed one girl by Episode 5 and by Episode 8 only 2 girls. And the girls that he has let go he never kissed or even held their hand. No Bachelor, including Tim TBAUS S1 had that low of a rate of kissing by Ep 8!!

The writer of this article obviously doesn't watch this show because if he did he would be praising Art and TBNZ for how they are making this much less sleazy than the other franchises, especially the US one. Chris S was the kissing bandit! He kissed Britt on the first night!

Just a stupid article, imo. Attacking the format for the sake of attacking it. And why shouldn't Carrisa be glad she went on it and thankful for the experience? Art didn't even kiss her or lead her on in any way. He was a complete gentleman with her!

agreed.
This franchise works because it is some fairytale fantasy for every woman to be able to be a single woman with 25 guys BUT the reverse is not acceptable because people associate it with harem and the stereotype of tons of women praising one guy or guys just because he is a guy. So we will always find some holly than you people that are judging first level but do not see as an entertainment reality show that everyone (with few exception on the grand scheme) will forget few weeks after the show itself.

Every participant have a clear and detailed contract with what the show will do about their image and they know firsthand that they will cut and make it their own to fit their script. It is common knowledge plus if a participant still claim that she or he did not watch the show before, then he or she is a complete moron and plain stupid to go there knowing that he will be on national TV know knowing how he would  be portrayed? That does not show the level of intelligence of the person IMO to go there totally blind.

Nobody can claim that they did or say something they did not want to. Same with kisses. It is the first show that I see a couple of girls saying they do not want to kiss AND a lead that is not a sex beast about it. This is the first show that I feel split between boring and admiring LMAO. I miss the passion but I totally respect the lead to keep it kinda (yes kinda) real dates. Because in real life nobody jump kissing after a couple of minute or hours of conversation.

Most of the participant are jaded and unless they are not living in the same reality, I do not think one single person ever think to hope they will find their love of their life on the show. It happened and that is why the franchise works. But probabilities are so very low.

When participant leave before hometown, they are just upset. Lets remember that for most of them it is a COMPETITION versus a journey. Competition means they wish to WIN a prize. And in many competition we see cheating, lying etc. Some are doing it right and are genuine but up to top4, none can be trusted they did it "for the right reasons".

Some contestant are genuine but put in this open TV position WITH HUNDRED of edits. The way they will be edited and portrayed will push them to be either aggressive or passive after they are outed of the show. Some will be mean, some will be revengeful, some will be happy but mostly they will always talk way more than they should because at the end of the day they spent 20 hours per day locked in a mansion with a bunch of people, forced to cope with them and probably people they would never meet in real life.

Each participant are thrilled to get fame, to be on TV, to be recognized on the streets, to be invited for a while on radios and stuffs because it fills their ego and serve their career. Model, singer, actors, whatever their dreams, they use this show to give them something plus on their CV.

So any contestant that is complaining about the way their were treated is BS, plain big BS!

Bloggers, radio gurus or TV hosts... they are exactly the same. They use the contestant and the show to bring some viewers or readers or fans and the more they trash the show, the better. Because lets face it: people LOVE trash and gossips and nasty details. They careless about happiness. And you can bet that those bloggers, radio gurus and TV hosts, probably watched one episode and decided before even watching it that it was trash with a preconceived view.... it they even spent time to watch a full episode which I doubt.

Everyone in the show get something one way or another. The only one that IMO is a looser is the F2 (sometimes F3). No bachelor/ette next show for him/her plus all the emotional baggage to fell in love and be rejected. Everybody else got what they came for: fame, trips even friendship and possible boost in their own career.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:40 am

I am thinking that this first season bachelor NZ is new for us because we are not used to the edits of the lead and the no-kissing (almost).

What is bothering me is the persona Art is outside the show versus what is seen on the show. He looks like a very normal young man who loves friends and partying/clubbing. He is 26 (?) so for me it is still very young and normal.

His mom said that the girl who will be with him will have to accept his friends, his sleep. She sees it with her mom's eyes IMO. If you club, of course you will sleep during the day no? And mom always find annoying to find their kids asleep after 10am uh?

Now... clubbing/partying (we saw that on medias). Is Matilda the kind of woman who will do clubbing and partying or Dani?

Because lets be clear, I do not believe a woman can tame a young guy forever. It may work for a couple of weeks during the "honeymoon" but natural will bit them in the rear after a while once the stoplights will be off and reality kick in.

Or Matilda is a wild well hidden woman and we do not know because of the edits?

mmm freaking edits uh? giggling

we all see what we want to see and nobody will be even close to reality of what happened during the show.

I agree that all those likes on IG and twitter looks revealing but I also have a theory.

Matilda and Dani were very closed during the show. We saw them many times next to each other, or holding each other. Dani was even there when the ambulance left with Matilda (next episode).

I know it is hard to believe but is it possible that Matilda and Dani remained friends after the show... as well as Arthur with the F2?

So far I do not see crazy in love people in this show and yes I am a bit sad to do not see any passion but the no-kiss explain it as well as no "i love him" or "I am crazy in love with him" etc. It looks to me that everyone is aware that this is not real life and it takes time to fall in love... something that none of us, fans, are used to.

So maybe... maybe... we see way more into the IG and twitter like that we should?

I know, holly wish here but again... until I see the FRC and know they are still together after the show, everything is possible.

IMO Arthur will go at the hospital with Matilda, she will have a cast AND she will come back at the rose ceremony. Breaking a wist is not such an horrible fate!!! duh  no nice for anybody but she was never going to die or permanently injured.

So her ITM that she did not know if she would remain in the show? EDIT and amplified edits to make us think otherwise AND the ITM we do not see her arm at all because she has this cast already.

Now... I have no doubt that she will remain AND Arthur will get closer because of that.

I also think that Dani is a generous and sweet girl and I have my theorie that she lost the opportunity to shine and she gave room to Matilda (even if Matilda did not abuse, she took the first role).

And here is our turn around moment in the show. Matilda took the lead at this moment.

At this point, I still think Dani is a better match for Arthur but it is what it is... lets see how it is unfolded Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 23 1377737533

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:50 am

Good post HEA. I think Art is a very lovely but a normal 26 year old and does not appear to have even been thinking about a girlfriend or love, let alone a wife until TB came along. At this point, no-one seems overly invested or smitten and I think some of his comments post-show around 'what is true love' etc. indicate that this remains the case. Still I am enjoying watching him, I think he is humble, a bit bemused by the situation and unsure at times. I think he is giving us more reality than we have become accustomed.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:49 am

This is a very young adults bachelor show with no glitters in it.
This looks very normal with girls that do not care, girls that wish to "win the prize" and girls who have a crush on him.
nothing over the top.
But again, this is way more realistic than any other season I have ever seen anywhere else.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:29 pm

Great posts HEA and AEF. I also agree that the whole show is more reality than what is the norm for this show. I posted previously but to reiterate: what I like about the show is that there seems to be no pressure from producers for Art to overly act like he is falling or a rush to get him to a place that the other shows seem to push their lead to get to. The pacing is what stands out to me. It seems on par with normal dating pacing in real life. Slower and more realistic. I like that about the show. It's refreshing.

It doesn't seem like they are in the *bachelor bubble* the way we are used to seeing the lead and contestants on the show where they are making out, always holding hands, etc, etc. It actually may bode well for the lead and his F1 if they take this at the pace the show seems to be going. Not much for the F1 to feel jealous about at all, everyone seems to be friends with one another and Art and it makes sense why this is the case given what we have seen so far, and perhaps an ending that is maybe even more realistic than Tim and Anna's ending? That's what I think will happen.

We've gotten so used to "Will he propose" endings, even for Bach Canada and then for the recent Bach Aussie, that we want things to speed up and have everyone falling in love and the lead falling in love and serious conversations around falling in love and feelings and that is not happening on NZ show. I think that Art is telling the truth when he says he has strong feelings for some and really, really likes someone. That's normal pace for real life and for the bachelor it is outside the norm. Almost not really a bachelor bubble way of filming. Love it.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:30 pm

I posted in the Episodes Thread by mistake, but Matilda posted a pic on her IG and Art liked it. He was the first person to like her pic.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:45 pm

which pic and do we have a screen pic to see he was the first one?

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 pm

HEA wrote:which pic and do we have a screen pic to see he was the first one?
Yes I do have a s/pic. Cannot post b/c her account is currently private. The other videos that were posted by her on her IG she linked to on her Twitter.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Posted in Alysha's thread. Art just liked an IG pic that Alysha posted and tagged him in. https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2891p48-bachelor-new-zealand-alysha#783283
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Views from a novice sleuther

Post by Katiebelle Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:50 am

Hi,

Not sure I am posting in the right place as this is the first time I have ever done this. It's also the first time I have ever watched the Bachelor so am a complete newbie. I only started watching it because my daughter was desperate to and I wanted to make sure it was appropriate for her.
So looking through a fresh pair of eyes, and being a kiwi and knowing how kiwis think and act ( we are way more reserved than Americans) I though I'd offer some of my observations of the show. Is this what you are after?

1) when Art met Matilda I turned to my daughter and said "wow did you see the way his eyes were so focussed on her. she is definitely in the running." The way he looked at her and the grin on his face after she left showed he thought she was gorgeous and was so pleased she was there. The only other girl he was like that with was Chrystal. ( and we all know he finds her very attractive which is why she is still there I'm sure). He didn't have the same connection with the other girls. Yes he was charming and friendly but I thought his attraction to Matilda and Chrystal was more obvious. However, if I'm being cynical he might have been just so relieved after seeing Matilda that there was at least one girl that he was physically attracted to - hence the goofy grin.
2) I watch his face really closely when he hands out the roses at the rose ceremonies and a couple of times when he gives a rose to Matilda he starts a big grin and then catches himself and holds it in a bit. Like he doesn't want to show too much. I have also noticed that his body language is more open to her than she is with him. It's always tricky working out if someone is as into you as you are to them and nobody wants to be rejected or feel like they are the one that feels more.
3) I think he has put poppy in the friend zone. I was not impressed when she manipulated him at the zoo into saying that he wants her to stay. I think that she reminds him of his mother, by all accounts they are super close, and he feels comfortable having her there. It's almost like a support for him. Also he didn't look at all upset when she said that she would not kiss him. He looked far more miffed at Natalie's reaction to his kiss and how she turned weird. However, the photo that was just posted this Saturday of Art posing as a manikin on another thread (sorry don't know how to attach it) was definitely at Poppy's workplace. So maybe he picked her up for lunch because there was definitely another person sitting at the table in the photo of him eating bacon as there are 4 coffee cups on the table and only 3 guys pictured.
4) ok so here's my conspiracy theory. Hope I haven got it right. I think Matilda might be the back up plan organised by the production company. Her comments  are almost too good to be off the cuff and she seems to drive a lot of the actions around the house. if Art doesn't find a connection he can choose her as they don't want him to get to the end and pick no one. However, I hope I'm wrong as I think from what we have seen so far they have the most in common and the best connection. I guess we won't really see until they have another one on one date.
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:23 am

Welcomeparty! Katiebelle!! So great to have you with us. Always love when we have international sleuthers, and as a Kiwi yourself, definitely taking your post to heart. yes

I posted my thoughts in red above to make it easier to follow. I agree with everything you stated, especially the more reserved nature of Kiwis than Americans (I am not American so I can relate to the more reserved Kiwi-style). I see what you see with Matilda. I do think Art acts very differently with her, almost giddy like a school boy sometimes (especially when he met her out the limo) and certainly more open body language-wise than she is. It is really sweet to see how things have progressed. awwww
Katiebelle wrote:Hi,

Not sure I am posting in the right place as this is the first time I have ever done this. It's also the first time I have ever watched the Bachelor so am a complete newbie. I only started watching it because my daughter was desperate to and I wanted to make sure it was appropriate for her.
So looking through a fresh pair of eyes, and being a kiwi and knowing how kiwis think and act ( we are way more reserved than Americans) I though I'd offer some of my observations of the show. Is this what you are after?

1) when Art met Matilda I turned to my daughter and said "wow did you see the way his eyes were so focussed on her. she is definitely in the running." The way he looked at her and the grin on his face after she left showed he thought she was gorgeous and was so pleased she was there. The only other girl he was like that with was Chrystal. ( and we all know he finds her very attractive which is why she is still there I'm sure). He didn't have the same connection with the other girls. Yes he was charming and friendly but I thought his attraction to Matilda and Chrystal was more obvious. However, if I'm being cynical he might have been just so relieved after seeing Matilda that there was at least one girl that he was physically attracted to - hence the goofy grin.
I agree with this. In Matilda's thread posted here https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2871-bachelor-new-zealand-matilda there are some screen caps of Art when he met Matilda. He was definitely excited and relieved and attracted to her. When he talked to her during the cocktail party and after he gave her the first rose he even said to her "Thank you for being here". Speaks volumes. I think she was his *type* and so he was thankful that there was at least one girl he felt like he could have a connection with - something he said he was worried about in interviews. I also agree he was attracted to Chrystal but that faded when he got to know her.

2) I watch his face really closely when he hands out the roses at the rose ceremonies and a couple of times when he gives a rose to Matilda he starts a big grin and then catches himself and holds it in a bit. Like he doesn't want to show too much. I have also noticed that his body language is more open to her than she is with him. It's always tricky working out if someone is as into you as you are to them and nobody wants to be rejected or feel like they are the one that feels more.  
We are seeing the exact same things! If you look in Matilda's thread you will see screen captured pics of her and Art when he gives her roses and how he is so excited. How he even said "I know!" when she said "That's stressful" the one time he made her wait for a rose. He said it like he felt bad for having to make her wait until the end. I also think, that Matilda is definitely a bit more reserved than he is. For this reason I think he hasn't asked to kiss her (yet). I think he likes her way too much to face rejection straight out the gate. I think that he was concerned that she might not like him as much as he likes her. But all this changed in the recent episode at the pool party when he talked to her. I noticed how he blushed and put his head down when she told him her Haiku poem "my heart goes boom for you".... He looked like a smitten kitten and sooo excited that she was letting him know she liked him. And then later he talked to her again while the other girls were faffing on about each other and wasting their time. I think he saw that Matilda was not intimidated by Chrystal at all. Even though he may have thought all the girls were, Matilda just laughed at the idea that everyone was scared of Chrystal. It showed a lot of confidence that Matilda has in herself.

3) I think he has put poppy in the friend zone. I was not impressed when she manipulated him at the zoo into saying that he wants her to stay. I think that she reminds him of his mother, by all accounts they are super close, and he feels comfortable having her there. It's almost like a support for him. Also he didn't look at all upset when she said that she would not kiss him. He looked far more miffed at Natalie's reaction to his kiss and how she turned weird. However, the photo that was just posted this Saturday of Art posing as a manikin on another thread (sorry don't know how to attach it) was definitely at Poppy's workplace. So maybe he picked her up for lunch because there was definitely another person sitting at the table in the photo of him eating bacon as there are 4 coffee cups on the table and only 3 guys pictured.
Also agree with this. He told her on their date that she reminds him of his mother. Definitely feel like Art likes having her there because it makes him feel like he has a family member with him. She is definitely in the friendzone and I think she knows it. It is why I think she brought up the kissing - Art didn't bring it up - to me it was like reverse psychology and she was wanted him to say "I really want to kiss you" but he didn't and that is why it ended up being awkward. She seems to play a game a bit, and while funny, it comes off a bit immature. I have noticed though that she always watches Matilda when Art is around Matilda. Kristie does the same thing. As for Lululemon. Art has been wearing that brand before the show so not entirely sure it has anything to do with Poppy or if Poppy was at work that day. I am sure they are still friends as he seems to be with a lot of the girls. If he didn't kiss them that makes a lot of sense to still be friends. As for the IG photo eating bacon, he tagged 6 of his friends in the photo so I don't think Poppy was there with them. Brigette is close friends with Poppy and she even has said that the only two girls that were really interested in Art, genuinely so, were Matilda and Dani (and I agree with this). 

4) ok so here's my conspiracy theory. Hope I haven got it right. I think Matilda might be the back up plan organised by the production company. Her comments  are almost too good to be off the cuff and she seems to drive a lot of the actions around the house. if Art doesn't find a connection he can choose her as they don't want him to get to the end and pick no one. However, I hope I'm wrong as I think from what we have seen so far they have the most in common and the best connection. I guess we won't really see until they have another one on one date.
Matilda as a back-up plan has been something Mura and and those on this board have thought about as well. It is entirely possible (especially if they end up together on the show but are not together post-show). But I also think that a lot of it can come down to her job working in entertainment with Mediaworks. It makes her more willing to take charge a bit around the house. Her off-the cuff comments though that she makes seem to be authentically who she is (she's a funny girl by nature). Will have to wait and see like you said if they have another date. I am waiting to see how Art responds to Matilda getting thrown of the horse. It looks so scary! Glad she didn't hurt herself worse than she did! Also didn't see her in the Rose Ceremony preview... so will have to see.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 50 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 36 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

+25
mindless
Jolena
Linds911
Katiebelle
Spoil Me Again