SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:18 pm

That article makes me love Sam even more. What a breath of fresh air!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5419

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Norcalgal wrote:That article makes me love Sam even more.  What a breath of fresh air!
I agree. It's nice to see how self-aware and honest she is. Smiley Lovely girl!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:44 am

Thanks GA. Sam comes across so positive and I think Blake's comments are totally unnecessary.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Sam's new boyfriend, funny article
http://www.mamamia.com.au/entertainment/sam-frost-dating-afl-footballer/

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 pm

AEF wrote:Sam's new boyfriend, funny article
http://www.mamamia.com.au/entertainment/sam-frost-dating-afl-footballer/

Good for her. I'm glad she moved on, made some changes, and is happy. Interesting she gets to keep the ring! He's a hottie.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:10 am

Multiple steps up from Blake. Go girl!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5419

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:30 am

Lisa also seems to have started dating someone multiple steps up from Blake in November

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2911742/Smooth-sailing-Lisa-Hyde-s-new-beau-Tyson-Mayr-takes-romantic-gondola-ride-Brisbane-river-celebrate-birthday.html

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:56 am

AEF wrote:Lisa also seems to have started dating someone multiple steps up from Blake in November

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2911742/Smooth-sailing-Lisa-Hyde-s-new-beau-Tyson-Mayr-takes-romantic-gondola-ride-Brisbane-river-celebrate-birthday.html

Awwe they are a cute looking couple too!! I'm happy to see these ladies moving on quickly!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:59 am

I know this maybe an unpopular opinion, but Blake did these girls a favor. He could have stuck with F1 for the requisite six months then broken up and gone to hunt down F3. Did Lorenzo do this with his F2?

I think by being a total jerk, he gave his F1 more sympathy and fame and actually helped with any career ambitions she may have had to be more well known. Heck it worked in the US, poor, cheating already back with her ex Melissa got to be on DWTS because mean, horrible, hasn't been able to get his fiance to answer the phone Jason dumped her.

I don't think Blake is a good guy at all. Hello they cast a former stripper as the lead, duh. But he took a lot of flack to be honest with himself and in the end actually helped his F1 a lot.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:21 am

stuckinsc wrote:I know this maybe an unpopular opinion, but Blake did these girls a favor.  He could have stuck with F1 for the requisite six months then broken up and gone to hunt down F3.  Did Lorenzo do this with his F2?  

I think by being a total jerk, he gave his F1 more sympathy and fame and actually helped with any career ambitions she may have had to be more well known.  Heck it worked in the US, poor, cheating already back with her ex Melissa got to be on DWTS because mean, horrible, hasn't been able to get his fiance to answer the phone Jason dumped her.

I don't think Blake is a good guy at all.  Hello they cast a former stripper as the lead, duh.  But he took a lot of flack to be honest with himself and in the end actually helped his F1 a lot.  
Regarding the bold:
For this thread, I would say that your opinion is actually a popular opinion amongst posters that are Sam-supporters. However, he would have done them a greater favour by never being the lead in the first place, let alone stringing them along as he did. Which leads me to the second bolded...

As for being honest with himself? I doubt that. There's nothing honest about this guy's behaviour, IMO. The truth was catching up with him is what happened here from the timeline and his behaviour post-show. At the end of the day, he would never have been mine or many other people's choice for Sam in the first place. That he chose to go along with pretending as long as he did is telling. The fact that he only broke it off right before he would have had to appear in public with Sam if he kept on pretending tells me that he wasn't able to pretend with someone like Sam who was already calling him out on his sketchy behaviour right from the getgo (and even during the show). Just imagine what would have come to light if he did continue with Sam in public and she let the world know? He would have been far worse. He was saving his own skin far more than doing anyone else a favour. So, no, I don't give him credit for breaking it off right before the finale and still communicating with Louise behind the scenes (Jason never did this with Molly as they themselves have stated in their podcast). It was only when it was time to be in the *real* world that he stopped pretending because he had little choice. I also disagree that in the end he helped his F1 a lot. Either way, the F1 would have some opportunities/what-not. Indirectly, he *helped* her by not continuing with an engagement he didn't want, yes. But a real man would never have been a puppet in the first place or lied about it along the way. He never admitted to lying and when he was called out he blamed Sam for it. Anyway, I discussed this in-depth multiple times there is no point rehashing. Bottom line is, Sam would have dumped him when she realised who he really was and IMO, Blake knew this about Sam. If anything, Sam did him a favour by letting him into her life and family's life at all, in the first place. None of the women, save for Louise, were actually that interested in him during the show's taping (many admitted this). He was lucky he even got the lead, money, and opportunities to go to events and most importantly, has the love of his F3. So do I think Sam got the better end of the deal? Not really. Lessons learned and all that, yes. But Blake came away with everything he wanted in the end and lost nothing. Even the AU public is against Sam now and not Blake.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:03 am

Sam's date/bf Dane Rampe... her post awhile back on her IG. Too funny.

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 8 1599661_1513764562220909_1956367592_n
The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 8 10808736_384141905082409_1646318305_n
(from Sam's IG) Dane is the guy sitting across from Sam (3rd on the left)

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde - Page 8 Main_2_sam_frost_dating_sydney_swans_afl_player_dane_rampe_1abgn6h-1abgn8c
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/a/26016567/sam-frost-dating-sydney-swans-star-dane-rampe/

He seems quirky/hipster like she is and laidback which is good to see.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:02 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I know this maybe an unpopular opinion, but Blake did these girls a favor.  He could have stuck with F1 for the requisite six months then broken up and gone to hunt down F3.  Did Lorenzo do this with his F2?  

I think by being a total jerk, he gave his F1 more sympathy and fame and actually helped with any career ambitions she may have had to be more well known.  Heck it worked in the US, poor, cheating already back with her ex Melissa got to be on DWTS because mean, horrible, hasn't been able to get his fiance to answer the phone Jason dumped her.

I don't think Blake is a good guy at all.  Hello they cast a former stripper as the lead, duh.  But he took a lot of flack to be honest with himself and in the end actually helped his F1 a lot.  
Regarding the bold:
For this thread, I would say that your opinion is actually a popular opinion amongst posters that are Sam-supporters. However, he would have done them a greater favour by never being the lead in the first place, let alone stringing them along as he did. Which leads me to the second bolded...

As for being honest with himself? I doubt that. There's nothing honest about this guy's behaviour, IMO. The truth was catching up with him is what happened here from the timeline and his behaviour post-show. At the end of the day, he would never have been mine or many other people's choice for Sam in the first place. That he chose to go along with pretending as long as he did is telling. The fact that he only broke it off right before he would have had to appear in public with Sam if he kept on pretending tells me that he wasn't able to pretend with someone like Sam who was already calling him out on his sketchy behaviour right from the getgo (and even during the show). Just imagine what would have come to light if he did continue with Sam in public and she let the world know? He would have been far worse. He was saving his own skin far more than doing anyone else a favour. So, no, I don't give him credit for breaking it off right before the finale and still communicating with Louise behind the scenes (Jason never did this with Molly as they themselves have stated in their podcast). It was only when it was time to be in the *real* world that he stopped pretending because he had little choice. I also disagree that in the end he helped his F1 a lot. Either way, the F1 would have some opportunities/what-not. Indirectly, he *helped* her by not continuing with an engagement he didn't want, yes. But a real man would never have been a puppet in the first place or lied about it along the way. He never admitted to lying and when he was called out he blamed Sam for it. Anyway, I discussed this in-depth multiple times there is no point rehashing. Bottom line is, Sam would have dumped him when she realised who he really was and IMO, Blake knew this about Sam. If anything, Sam did him a favour by letting him into her life and family's life at all, in the first place. None of the women, save for Louise, were actually that interested in him during the show's taping (many admitted this). He was lucky he even got the lead, money, and opportunities to go to events and most importantly, has the love of his F3. So do I think Sam got the better end of the deal? Not really. Lessons learned and all that, yes. But Blake came away with everything he wanted in the end and lost nothing. Even the AU public is against Sam now and not Blake.

I put the casting of Blake on the producers. It seems pretty obvious that he is not a catch at all. No pity for Blake to me, but I still think being honest is hard, I watched Blob pretend to be with Estella at Trista and Ryan's wedding, and many other examples since.

I didn't watch, so if these women weren't into him did they pretend or was it the amazing everybody leaves season? It is so easy to say after the fact I didn't want him, but they show something else on the tv screen.

He was an ass, plain and simple, but F1 did stay with him for a while and being the rejected F1 gives you much more public sympathy than the girl he eventually dumped. Note, Melissa who is still on and off my screen versus, Estella, Jessica, etc., etc. who are long gone from the public.

As for Jason and Molly on the AFTR when they got back together Jason did say that he knew Molly was being considered for the bachelorette and I swear they said they had talked at least that once, but I refuse to re-watch it to see. I dislike Jason, have since day one of DeAnna's season and skipped his season until the finale. I don't understand how he got so lucky to get Molly. But Melissa was a lying POS IMO, so I actually felt bad for the crap that Jason and Molly endured to allow Melissa the fake to garner public sympathy and further her career.

I know nothing about Blake and don't feel sorry for him or F3, they both know what they are getting. I am happy for his F1 that she seems happy and maybe now has a great guy to be with her instead of the former stripper. I just think that he actually did her a favor by helping her garner more public sympathy. Of course, Australia maybe vastly different from here, so it maybe less an issue. Most Australians I know are much less uptight about this stuff than the southern US citizens I deal with everyday.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - F1 Sam Frost - F2 Lisa Hyde

+8
Enough
HodanG
Norcalgal
emusha
AEF