SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:42 am

gabriele wrote:josh reminds me of sean in some ways. i think they are probably both the kind of guys that when they make up their mind about a relationship that is it and they are committed. i don't know if it will happen, but i could see andi and josh getting married irl. jmo.

Agree with his too. I can totally see andi and Josh getting married. IMO Time will tell.  Smiley 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Ash2214 Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:43 am

eliza3 wrote:When did Josh's mother have health issues?  I have wondered if that played a part in his leaving baseball and spending time with Aaron and Stephanie?  If so, I can see that he would not want to explain that to the general public on a reality show.

Both his mom and dad had cancer at one point.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:45 am

eliza3 wrote:When did Josh's mother have health issues?  I have wondered if that played a part in his leaving baseball and spending time with Aaron and Stephanie?  If so, I can see that he would not want to explain that to the general public on a reality show.

That's a great point! yes I keep forgetting about that. I respect him for not bringing it up on the show.

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 24 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:46 am

I was going to mention this too. Actually her Dad was sick too. Both had cancer. For all we know that played in his decision to help take care of them and his little brother. We may never know because his Mom might have wanted this kept private.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:54 am

soccermom333 wrote:
gabriele wrote:josh reminds me of sean in some ways. i think they are probably both the kind of guys that when they make up their mind about a relationship that is it and they are committed. i don't know if it will happen, but i could see andi and josh getting married irl. jmo.
Agree with his too.  I can totally see andi and Josh getting married.  IMO  Time will tell.   Smiley 
Well she has been searching for him/someone like him this entire time and basically melted down when she thought things were going south, so yeah, IMO she's all in this thing with him laugh out loud I forget which early 1:1 time this was but Josh assured her she's his girl and he's her guy, so I think they both understand each other, and were exactly what the other was looking for as their future spouse. All this Andi doesn't like UGA/football, Josh is too good to be true, Josh is a jock and everything else is just noise IMO. They've grown up in similar homes, both 1/2 Catholic/Jewish, and the hits just keep on coming in how their lives and lifestyles match up, I don't need to relist them all now. If Josh wanted to be f1, the honor was all his from minute one from what I've seen.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 am

rosesrREd wrote:
waitaminutee wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:It's not dating in 5 years that's the red flag.  It's the fact he quit baseball proclaiming he wanted to start a family, combined with the fact he hasn't dated in 5 years.  

If that was the actual reason he quit baseball, then why hasn't he dated in 5 years?  Something is off to me there, IMO.

He says he quit baseball knowing that the career was not conductive to starting a family. I think what he means by this is a minor league career. Minor league players (which is the only future he had given his injuries and lack of success at the MLB level) don't make that much money, travel around by bus to far away cities, etc. It's that life that is not conductive to having a family. `

He specifically said "he quit because he wanted a family." He was 22 years old, and guys that age normally aren't ready for a wife and kids.  While I think his intentions were good, and it may have been his long term goal, I don't believe that was his reason for leaving baseball.

It was said here by someone a while back that he left baseball to be home for his family, supposedly his father had gotten Ill and he wanted to be there for his siblings. ( Which is something to be admired ), then I read that his mother got sick too, so he stepped into the older sibling role and was there for all of them. That's why I believe his mother when she said " Josh you have put yourself last for so long". It wasen't only because of Aaron and the sports. I can relate to the sports thing a bit because my boys were big sports kids also and when my older son was at college and my younger son was playing High school football , my older one was so bummed that he couldn't be at the games to watch and support his little brother, so much that game day was a million phone calls to relay practically play by play. Josh is so family oriented and was young himself at the time so I can kind of relate. Me and my husband were not sick but had we been I know without a doubt my older son would have come back home. I believe him when he says the life of a pro sports guy is hard (may be big pay checks) but he saw the older guys away from their wives and children so much that he probably knew that traveling so many months of the year and being away from the people you love is just not something he was cut out for. I think this guy is not only Gorgeous on the outside but is very loving and caring on the inside. Andi is one lucky girl and IMO would be making a hugh mistake to let this gem go. JMHO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4304

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:04 am

Ash2214 wrote:

Both his mom and dad had cancer at one point.

I think his mom had a brain tumor.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:07 am

You know, if his parent did get sick while he was in the minors.... Aaron and Stephanie would have been teenagers- Josh must be 5-6 years older. His dream wasn't working out, clearly, and I can see that he might have felt, as the oldest child, that he needed to help provide stability for his siblings while there was a lot of uncertainty.... hence the statement by his mom, "You have put you last for so long". And Aaron saying Josh wanted to put Aaron and Stephanie first.

Production wants Josh to be portrayed a certain way (check out Sean's "not a blog" on Patheos (link on the Sean and Catherine fan media page) to see the character Sean was supposed to play (involved taking off his shirt). These personas might be a piece of who they are which is why we can believe them, but it's more like a cartoon character.

I think it's great that family illness didn't have to be exploited, they could figure out another thing for him to overcome. I'm pretty confident that he had shared more of his life with her before they got to the htd. That may have been the motivation behind the itm that was about Andi wanting the family to focus on Josh. I know Andi's called MeAndi around here, but just maybe she was looking beyond herself.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:11 am

FLChica posted this timeline:

Just a few facts and a bit of a timeline...

Mrs. Murray's brain tumor was treated with chemotherapy in 2003.

Josh quits baseball Fall 2007.

Josh enrolls at Georgia in August 2009 with brother Aaron.

Stephanie enrolls at Georgia in August 2011.

Mr. Murray diagnosed with thyroid cancer October 2012. At this time Josh had already graduated from Georgia and was working for his current employer in Athens, GA.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:15 am

Jolena wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:
waitaminutee wrote:

He says he quit baseball knowing that the career was not conductive to starting a family. I think what he means by this is a minor league career. Minor league players (which is the only future he had given his injuries and lack of success at the MLB level) don't make that much money, travel around by bus to far away cities, etc. It's that life that is not conductive to having a family. `

He specifically said "he quit because he wanted a family." He was 22 years old, and guys that age normally aren't ready for a wife and kids.  While I think his intentions were good, and it may have been his long term goal, I don't believe that was his reason for leaving baseball.

It was said here by someone a while back that he left baseball to be home for his family, supposedly his father had gotten Ill and he wanted to be there for his siblings. ( Which is something to be admired ), then I read that his mother got sick too,  so he stepped into the older sibling role and was there for all of them. That's why I believe his mother when she said " Josh you have put yourself last for so long". It wasen't only because of Aaron and the sports. I can relate to the sports thing a bit because my boys were big sports kids also and when my older son was at college and my younger son was playing High school football , my older one was so bummed that he couldn't be at the games to watch and support his little brother, so much that game day was a million phone calls to relay practically play by play. Josh is so family oriented and was young himself at the time so I can kind of relate. Me and my husband were not sick but had we been I know without a doubt my older son would have come back home. I believe him when he says the life of a pro sports guy is hard (may be big pay checks) but he saw the older guys away from their wives and children so much that he probably knew that traveling so many months of the year and being away from the people you love is just not something he was cut out for.  I think this guy is not only Gorgeous on the outside but is very loving and caring on the inside. Andi is one lucky girl and IMO would be making a hugh mistake to let this gem go. JMHO
re the bolded: on the epi 8 HTD thread someone mentioned the timeline of his parents' illnesses and his leaving baseball. it didn't look like it was a factor in his leaving as it happened later. i did read some random article that said he hated the baseball training every day. i don't quite understand why he left but it just seems like it didn't work out for him. maybe he was too young to be away from his family and it wasn't what he expected.  no idea  he did give it 5 years so i think that is a pretty good run to give it a try. he mentioned an injury but it doesn't sound like that was the main reason. sometimes our dream jobs don't line up with our values. i initially wanted to go into a field (fashion design) that is known to be nuts so i decided not to do so. i knew i would last about 5 minutes with the constant drama & sexual harassment in the field. it took me many years to figure out what to do instead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:18 am

sdmom wrote:OH, KASHA ,  bowdown lolpanda lolpanda :bigsmile: 

clapping! I was smiling the whole way through and burst out laughing when I saw Chris B! Thanks for the laugh Kasha!  laugh out loud rofl 

I missed so much after my last post about Andi deciding at the last moment. Wish I hadn't left, but the kids have to eat now and then. I almost wrote that I wonder if something happened in the FS, but didn't want to dig on Nick. Maybe his suggestion about "go big or go home" came back to bite him.  Hugesmile   I'm actually just kidding about that, shoe size aside. When Nick asked her big or small that was a baited question (IMO). It was after their make-out against the tree so... I still think the turning point could have happened in the FS though. Maybe he was a little too intense? If he's like what we've seen in front of the camera, what is he saying off camera? In comparison Josh is low on testosterone IMO.  :hidingchair  What guy in his 20's isn't dating for 5 years? Andi had to pull him back in for more kisses on their date. I have no trouble imagining him watching sports in the FS with Andi.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:56 am

If that Life & Style article is to be believed, the F1 and Andi are one boring couple! LOL

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+105
Laura Walsh
albean99
George1218
JBF
Jpcook4
Iam4UGA
ElonM
nannymargie
Retiredswimmom
MiniDiva
mercieme