SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 9 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 45 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by sanlee088 Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 pm

He reminds me of Jeremy from DeAnna's season in looks.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

sanlee088 wrote:He reminds me of Jeremy from DeAnna's season in looks.

Ditto! :yes: 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Tue May 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Bachel10 Jeremy
 Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Images12 Josh

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue May 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Sarah_XV wrote:God that smile. *swoon* :Drool: :Drool: 

:Drool: is right!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises   Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 1f49c

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 8367-910  Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 I_got_13  Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 E5kqdm15  Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12043

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue May 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Linds911 wrote:
Sarah_XV wrote:God that smile. *swoon* :Drool: :Drool: 

:Drool: is right!

I'll chime in.... I think so too!  :Drool: 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue May 20, 2014 7:47 pm

jen689 wrote: 
"My name is Josh I'm a financial advisor from Atlanta, GA. In 2002 I was drafted to play major league baseball with the Milwaukee Brewers.  I always dreamed as a little kid of being a professional baseball player and all my hard work had finally paid off.  I loved it until I got to be a professional after the first year".

"It was tough.  I was 17 years old.  I was playing with a lot of older guys too. It was very tough on me going alone for the first time. Then I tore my hip flexor and pulled my groin. I literally missed the whole season rehabbing in Arizona. That's when I first started to ponder my life a little bit and think of what I wanted out of life.  I always wanted to have a family young, to get married, to have kids, to settle down young.  When you start to look at the long term lifestyle of a baseball player it's very tough to do all that stuff. It was a very tough decision stopping but it was something I needed to do."

"I went back to school and finished my schooling. And now I want to find a wife more than anything.  I'm excited for this experience.  I'm excited to meet Andi and see how well we mesh. I just can't wait to meet her.  She's feisty. She's very sexy. She's a good looking girl. She's smart. She's a real women. I'm living in Atlanta now. She's in Atlanta. I'm pumped man.  Are we ready to start the show now? Can we go out there now? Can I meet her?"  He laughs (and shows that incredible smile)

Josh is telling the "literal truth" in his interview.  If you don't know much about MLB, he makes it sound like he played professionally for the Brewers.  He didn't.  His "career" batting average was .213, which explains why he never made it past A ball.  After playing at the lowest level of minor league baseball for over six years, a reasonably intelligent person probably would "ponder" their life and realize they weren't going to make it as a professional athlete.  Probably time to get that education and move on.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue May 20, 2014 7:57 pm

^ Regardless, at the age of 17 he was drafted by a MLB team. That's an impressive accomplishment whether it panned out or not. It's good to see he eventually figured everything out, went and got a college degree and has a job.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 20, 2014 7:58 pm

FLChica wrote:
jen689 wrote: 
"My name is Josh I'm a financial advisor from Atlanta, GA. In 2002 I was drafted to play major league baseball with the Milwaukee Brewers.  I always dreamed as a little kid of being a professional baseball player and all my hard work had finally paid off.  I loved it until I got to be a professional after the first year".

"It was tough.  I was 17 years old.  I was playing with a lot of older guys too. It was very tough on me going alone for the first time. Then I tore my hip flexor and pulled my groin. I literally missed the whole season rehabbing in Arizona. That's when I first started to ponder my life a little bit and think of what I wanted out of life.  I always wanted to have a family young, to get married, to have kids, to settle down young.  When you start to look at the long term lifestyle of a baseball player it's very tough to do all that stuff. It was a very tough decision stopping but it was something I needed to do."

"I went back to school and finished my schooling. And now I want to find a wife more than anything.  I'm excited for this experience.  I'm excited to meet Andi and see how well we mesh. I just can't wait to meet her.  She's feisty. She's very sexy. She's a good looking girl. She's smart. She's a real women. I'm living in Atlanta now. She's in Atlanta. I'm pumped man.  Are we ready to start the show now? Can we go out there now? Can I meet her?"  He laughs (and shows that incredible smile)

Josh is telling the "literal truth" in his interview.  If you don't know much about MLB, he makes it sound like he played professionally for the Brewers.  He didn't.  His "career" batting average was .213, which explains why he never made it past A ball.  After playing at the lowest level of minor league baseball for over six years, a reasonably intelligent person probably would "ponder" their life and realize they weren't going to make it as a professional athlete.  Probably time to get that education and move on.

So glad you stated the above.  clapping! 
My brother-in-law was actually called up 30+ yrs ago to start with SF Giants. He was to be a pitcher, but blew his shoulder the first season. That was that.
My nephew (different side of family) had a great future with baseball. He was scouted and offered great scholarships. He weighed his options. He ended up getting his college education at the school of his choice sans scholarship and is now a regular sports caster in a moderately sized mid-west city.
This is a hard sport to make it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue May 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Josh was a 2nd round draft choice right out of high school, so though he didn't make it to even the high minor leagues, he did get a good contract (and apparently it included $ for college- so good negotiating). Compare this with Roberto Martinez who was drafted in the 35th round or so. So Josh did work very hard to be drafted this high.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue May 20, 2014 8:52 pm

jen689 wrote:
 Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Bachel10 Jeremy
 Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 9 Images12 Josh

I may be biased towards Jeremy but Josh doesn't even compare..... Handsome guy, nice smile, but Jeremy is in a league of his own.  cheerleader 

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 pm

chloep wrote:
jen689 wrote:

I may be biased towards Jeremy but Josh doesn't even compare..... Handsome guy, nice smile, but Jeremy is in a league of his own.  cheerleader 

I wouldn't say that they look identical, just that they have similarities like their hair color, style and eyes. Jeremy doesn't have that wide mouthed smile like Josh does.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Tue May 20, 2014 8:57 pm

jcrbil wrote:Josh was a 2nd round draft choice right out of high school, so though he didn't make it to even the high minor leagues, he did get a good contract (and apparently it included $ for college- so good negotiating).  
I read somewhere he received an $825,000 signing bonus due to his 2nd round draft status and an additional $100,000 to fund his education at the college of his choice.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 45 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

+77
kaydeelove
boston1
2observe
eme92
laurentx