SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 68 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Where's the lie? He played for 4 years and was on full scholarship. That's a fact. He didn't claim to be an all conference player or an All American.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 68 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:48 pm

sosleepy wrote:
*snipped*
Regarding Ben, he went on a Twitter rampage about the dual ILY's. Like seriously, OTT. In one tweet, he said he wanted to make sure people knew "he didn't condone telling two girls he loved them." Ummmm... Once again, ok Sean. Thanks for your input about what you condone since you did everything right when you ran your boring season. I don't think it's a coincidence at all that those tweets started coming fast and furious after CH put Ben on Rushmore. Sean was butt hurt.

ETA: I found Sean's response towards Ben particularly icky because he claimed to be "friends with Ben" and gave him advice. Ditto Catherine who was in communication with Lauren BTS. The public Twitter meltdown from both (Catherine went into full Wratherine mode)  was just not cool for two people you were supposedly trying to "support."

JP made very similar jokes about the 2 ilys, but for some reason he doesn't get any criticism. I thought they both tweeted some funny stuff and I didn't view Sean's tweets any differently than everyone else making fun of the same exact thing. Ben gave them good material to work with. I can laugh at the finale and still like Ben, so I'm assuming Sean can too. jmo, but I don't think he takes it that seriously.

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Thank you. Seems pretty consistant to me.

"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Under the "how much playing time did you get", he doesn't answer the question - at least the way I read it. He was on the team for 4 years, but he doesn't answer the question about playing time. He could have been a starter and played every game, or a bench warmer - doesn't say.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Mustang19 wrote:Under the "how much playing time did you get", he doesn't answer the question - at least the way I read it. He was on the team for 4 years, but he doesn't answer the question about playing time. He could have been a starter and played every game, or a bench warmer - doesn't say.
That's exactly how I read it. Playing time refers to how much you play, not how much you practice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:19 pm

grace8136 wrote:

JP made very similar jokes about the 2 ilys, but for some reason he doesn't get any criticism. I thought they both tweeted some funny stuff and I didn't view Sean's tweets any differently than everyone else making fun of the same exact thing. Ben gave them good material to work with. I can laugh at the finale and still like Ben, so I'm assuming Sean can too. jmo, but I don't think he takes it that seriously.

IMO JP is funnier & doesn't come off sanctimonious about it.
Eta - to fix quote

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 pm

lipsis wrote:^^ it's 15.98/8.99 actually. Smiley
He himself actually tweeted several months ago that you could get his book at Amazon for 98 cents not being sarcastic just stating what I read many times.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:59 pm

whit90 wrote:
lipsis wrote:^^ it's 15.98/8.99 actually. Smiley
He himself actually tweeted several months ago that you could get his book at Amazon for 98 cents not being sarcastic just stating what I read many times.

It was on sale for a month at that price. It's not currently though.

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:10 pm

realityfan26 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:

IMO JP is funnier & doesn't come off sanctimonious about it.
Eta - to fix quote

Yeah.. JP came off funnier and snarky, less holier than though. Also, JP was never the lead in Sean/Ben's position, so it all just felt different. He wasn't writing tweets about not condoning actions, which implies that Sean thought he handled things better while in Ben's position- which to me came off very condescending and sactimonious. Finally, AFAIK, JP has never met or corresponded with Ben on a personal level. He didn't,
again afaik, give Ben advice on a personal level, then flip around and write some pretty mean spirited commentary (went beyond snark IMO) on a very public platform.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:53 pm

I think what bothers some is that he omits things or paints pictures that do not exist. Case in point that whole furniture/clothing front.
Yes, it was a real business. Yes, he was given a title in the business. Yes, it was not at all what it was made to appear to many. Basically, his friends' parents financed(bought) a business for their son and daughter and gave Sean an honorary title there. I doubt he put in any more time there than he did on the football field. Maybe I am wrong. Much of the stock at said business were cast off furniture being liquidated from the parent's true business. This business was made out to be something it was not.
IMO this is the same situation as his football career. Yes, he was on the team roster for 4 yrs. No he did not play for 4 yrs. He played for a few minutes in 4 games.
Is it a lie when certain things are omitted or when the truth is not brought to the forefront?  IDK. I have my own opinions, as I'm sure other do.
SO this is how things get muddied.
Just say the truth. 
Nothing wrong with not being a total athletic star. He was obviously good enough to make a good team. That should have been enough. To have to paint a picture that is not the true representation does not reflect well, imo.
Add that to his often less than humble persona and imo, it's not genuine or admirable. 
Sorry jmo.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:55 pm

First, whether he played on field or not, he did enough to maintain that 4 year scholarship to KSU. Even if he did the bare minimum the schedule of a Division I athlete is no joke. He also had to keep grades to a certain minimum to keep that athletic scholarship. I will never criticize any college athlete, they work tremendously hard, even doing the minimum.

As for his parents moving for him to play HS football elsewhere, welcome to Texas, it happens all the time. And Sean had talent, but the most talented players from Texas usually land at UT, A&M, and OU if not Notre Dame, USC or other elite programs. K State is good, but they are not elite. JMO.

Sean, IMO, was a golden child who hit college and suddenly realized that he had probably never worked hard and didn't transition well. JMO, Sean wants to take the easy way, the get rich quick way. He has failed miserably because of it. Maybe he has learned, only time will tell.

The difference to me with Sean's SM activity is he is nice and supportive behind the scenes and a jerk on SM. Be one or the other. And if you don't think it is okay for him to be a jerk on SM then he gets really mean, he did to JPG. Sean seems to forget that to live in the way of Christ is to love one another as Christ loved us. I just don't get that from Sean at all. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 am

umngirl wrote:Where's the lie? He played for 4 years and was on full scholarship. That's a fact. He didn't claim to be an all conference player or an All American.

I was at a memorial for my cousin by marriage a Vietnam Vet. One very poignant thing said about him was that he was incredibly honest, not just only say the truth, but he did not believe in lies by omission. Sean to me has a habit of lying by omission of clarifying the truth.

And while I did buy his book, I don't think you should have to buy a book to get the truth from someone.

All JMO.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie