SELECT CONTENT

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Page 57 of 60 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 57 Empty Re: Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Post by Sable Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:55 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
LibbyBell wrote: 

I think that people's opinion about Juan Pablo will soften as time goes on...much like the opinion about Brad 1.0.  

But it can also go the other way.  Think Jake Pavelka.

I agree. Also, if Juan Pablo and Nikki do not stay together, then I wonder how public opinion will fall? Will the general public be team Juan Pablo or team Nikki?
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 57 Empty Re: Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Isabel123 wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:I don't know how to bring articles over here to post, but maybe someone else can, since it has to do with Juan Pablo's Bachelor FRC and the AFTR.

It is written by Linda Holmes, who has a blog on the npr.org website.  I believe that you need to type in npr.org/blogs/monkeysee

The article is entitled "Every Reality Show Is A True Story and Other 'Bachelor' Lessons"

Here's the article..... the best i've read.

Every Reality Show Is A True Story, And Other 'Bachelor' Lessons
by LINDA HOLMES
March 11, 201410:03 AM

... fascinating.

I love how this article used that word in a couple of key places. Have to agree. Thanks so much for bringing it over.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Sable wrote:

I agree.  Also, if Juan Pablo and Nikki do not stay together, then I wonder how public opinion will fall?  Will the general public be team Juan Pablo or team Nikki?
Probably public opinion would be more for Nikki because they would know that she accepted the relationship on his terms. Of course, in any relationship, it takes 2 but, IMO the "public" would most likely side with Nikki.

ETA: totally agree dw; great minds think alike!  giggling

Last edited by LibbyBell on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Sable wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:
LibbyBell wrote: 

I think that people's opinion about Juan Pablo will soften as time goes on...much like the opinion about Brad 1.0.  

I agree.  Also, if Juan Pablo and Nikki do not stay together, then I wonder how public opinion will fall?  Will the general public be team Juan Pablo or team Nikki?

The public for this show is overwhelmingly female, so I vote they would go team Nikki.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:09 pm

LibbyBell wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:
LibbyBell wrote: 

Jake was an @#$ but, he towed the company line. I was speaking more about making a choice that wasn't accepted at first but was later thought to be practical and common sense.

...and Jake was rewarded by an appearance on the Bachelor Pad! He recently appeared on a so called " star" cooking competition show as well.

Some other unpopular but practical choices were DeAnna choosing Jessie, the Brit choosing Shayne and Ben choosing Courtney. No further explanations are necessary  giggling 
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by MMA50 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Kashathediva wrote:My personal take(and it's not worth much to anyone but me):
CH is an a$$whole and always has been as far as being a front man for the franchise.   And yes, I intentionally spelled "hole" whole as its description is more fitting.

My sentiments exactly! I a$$wholeheartedly agree with everything you said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MMA50
MMA50

Back to top Go down

Post by realitynut Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:01 pm

i dont have any any problems with the fact that jp didnt propose or say i love.He shouldn't have to say it unless he wants to.And as much as i didnt like brad i wasnt upset when he didnt pick anyone. My problem with Jp was the way he treated the girls .He is incapable of seeing other people's point of view. He kept saying that he was there to meet just one person and not all 27.He says he is being honest but he is never honest with the person who matters most, himself. He seems to blame everything on the producers for making him look bad. That may be true, but he did do somethings that cant be edited in. The way he behave at the aftr only hurt himself and nikki.

realitynut

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:15 pm

It was inevitable that sooner or later some Bachelor or Bachelorette was going to refuse to "play by the rules." Unfortunately, that, along with what seems like a bad attitude from JP, may have done a lot of harm to this franchise, and unless they can rein in all the future leads, there is going to be trouble in paradise.

CH said there have been 27 "seasons." It is a miracle this program has lasted such a long time. Sooner or later it's going to "poop out."
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Attention everyone: No ONE should be telling others what to post and what not to post. If you are not sure about what is allowed and what is not allowed, please just PM me (the only mod at the moment)!  Thank you!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by richmondrose Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:It was inevitable that sooner or later some Bachelor or Bachelorette was going to refuse to "play by the rules."  Unfortunately, that, along with what seems like a bad attitude from JP, may have done a lot of harm to this franchise, and unless they can rein in all the future leads, there is going to be trouble in paradise.

CH said there have been 27 "seasons."  It is a miracle this program has lasted such a long time.  Sooner or later it's going to "poop out."

I don't think it did any harm and people will still watch until the franchise pulls its own plug. Most people love to watch a train wreck, even if they don't admit it.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:28 pm

tigertiz wrote:
Iam4UGA wrote:
tigertiz wrote:Jillian has a lot of good insight and it's exactly  why Sean and Catherine were so irritating to me on the ATFR.
I also wanted to touch on Sean Lowe's comment of having no choice other than being in the public eye even once the show is done. I completely disagree! They have a very public life, because they have chosen to do so! After the show you can decide whether or not to keep your life public or private. A perfect example of this is Jason and Molly. They dealt with a lot of controversy after the show, and they decided to keep their lives private. They focused on their relationship and building a family. And I also disagreed with Catherine's comment about not "biting the hand that feeds you." People go on the show because they are hopeless romantics, because they're looking for an adventure and because a life partner is what's missing in their life. Everyone's experience and outcome is going to be different, and I think the reason Juan Pablo seemed annoyed by the end is because he didn't conform to what the show and the audience wanted him to be.
http://www.jillianharris.com/blog/post/my-thoughts-on-juan-pablo-nikki

Yet Jillian is still writing about the show how many years later?  And, she has a TV decorating show or something, so she is still in the public eye.  

Juan Pablo is being called out because he is Narcissistic and Egotistical and treated the women like he is God's gift to them, not like they may ever be his equal.

I like Clare, I do not dislike Nikki, but I thought I would like Juan Pablo, and boy was I wrong!!
  What difference does it make that Jillian is in the public eye ?  Her point was that contrary to Sean's opinion,  couples CAN have a private life after the show IF they choose to.

Sean Lowe ‏@SeanLowe09 17h
Lastly, disrespecting the nicest guy in show business @chrisbharrison should be a crime. That's my take. Wish them nothing but happiness
 A crime?  Sean's a hoot - isn't he- Kasha?    

My point with Jillian is it is ironic that she says you can be private when she is not.

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by Bashful Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm

[/quote]

My point with Jillian is it is ironic that she says you can be private when she is not.[/quote]
She said you CAN be private if you WANT. She is public because she WANTS to be, not because she is being forced. It's a choice.

Bashful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 57 of 60 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

+105
happyvalleygirl
LibbyBell
Mustang19
deeliciouz
Bashful