SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Page 66 of 73 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 69 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Post by lovebites8727 Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:38 am

Wifey took down her current IG pic for good. Hope everyone is happy now . Hello haters jump for joy now . She must read all the hating going in there tonight .

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Eb97c9
Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 9zt107Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 XgicucSean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Oaw2uvSean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 2pqw5k8Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 30szzauSean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Post by Linds911 Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:47 am

Oh well there goes that! Hopefully they will be at the AFTR then! Could use some excitement!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 1f49c

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 8367-910 Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 I_got_13 Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 E5kqdm15 Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12043

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:06 am

lucyjordan wrote:I'm a huge Catherine fan, I love her sense of humour, but I'll defend those who find the photo offensive. I don't believe there is any maliciousness behind it, but I find it to be pretty thoughtless. I've continually been impressed by Catherine, but I can only see this photo in a historical context.
I agree. I don't think at all that she meant it to offend anyone, but you can't post something like that in this day and age and not get backlash. I'm proud of her for taking it down.

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyjordan Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

iloveromance wrote:
lucyjordan wrote:I'm a huge Catherine fan, I love her sense of humour, but I'll defend those who find the photo offensive. I don't believe there is any maliciousness behind it, but I find it to be pretty thoughtless. I've continually been impressed by Catherine, but I can only see this photo in a historical context.
I agree. I don't think at all that she meant it to offend anyone, but you can't post something like that in this day and age and not get backlash. I'm proud of her for taking it down.
I'm proud of her for that, too.

And I have to be excused for taking this seriously. Her not being white is besides the point. The point is that she's not black, and so she has never experienced anti-black racism. I would liken this to blackface, which has historically been used to dehumanize and denigrate the black community. I was disappointed that Catherine, someone has no doubt experienced racism throughout her life, would use a filter like that and post the resulting photo. It only serves to perpetuate oppressive notions of black people. Alright I think that's all I'll say.
lucyjordan
lucyjordan

Female Posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:00 pm

lucyjordan wrote:
iloveromance wrote:

And I have to be excused for taking this seriously. Her not being white is besides the point. The point is that she's not black, and so she has never experienced anti-black racism. I would liken this to blackface, which has historically been used to dehumanize and denigrate the black community. I was disappointed that Catherine, someone has no doubt experienced racism throughout her life, would use a filter like that and post the resulting photo. It only serves to perpetuate oppressive notions of black people. Alright I think that's all I'll say.  

Agreed! Actually the first time I saw it . I was like what is this all about? Then I saw she was talking about a new IG filter as she captioned the pic. But at some point I was also a little concern how few people will going to handle and thinking there will be few people will have to say something offensive on this pic then It happened. I have to agree that even you are joking about a certain IG filter pic you will be going to receive some nasty comments and it will be a result of backlash . Right now everything is dissected and everyone has to say . Just be careful next time. Anyway , I don't mind Catherine IG way of posting something . That's what IG is all about . I have huge respect for her being so real and all her IG posts from the beginning till now is all about her life with her hubby, her silly, weird, funny self, hubs pic and random pics ect ect. And still she received a lot of rude comments all the time . That's the price of being known although I have to say judging from other Bach IG's Catherine has a lot of rude comments getting from the people . I guess because that's how it goes . You gotta swallow and move on. But I appreciate seeing the love spread on her IG because these are the most important thing than anything else .after all this is social media. No worries. It's all good.

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Eb97c9
Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 9zt107Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 XgicucSean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Oaw2uvSean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 2pqw5k8Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 30szzauSean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm also proud of her for taking it down. Very happy to see that this morning. :yes: 

I hope she got a chance to read some of the respectful comments explaining why it was inappropriate, and not the rude insulting ones.

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:34 pm

lucyjordan wrote:
iloveromance wrote:

I agree that when you tackle something that could be interpreted as disrespectful you have to be ready to take the consequences. I don't think for a minute that Catherine is anti anything racial as attested to by the huge racial diversity of her own family and Sean's and her friends. That being said I do think you need to THINK about the possible repercussions if you deal with delicate issues. I have to say that the word that comes to my mind is insensitive. I'm glad that Catherine took down the IG rather than inadvertently hurt feelings. I agree with lucyjordan that we have to hope we moved passed stereotypical representations of others.
I do really believe that Catherine meant, no offense but if offense was taken it was better to point it out and end it.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by thankful7 Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Okay..Here we go again. On quick break, so I will jump right in here now. It has been brought to my attention that Catherine IG post created a lot of negative comments. I believe she did not intentionally try to cause any burning feelings, unfortunately she did. If we keep talking and chatting about issue and/or concern, it only magnifies the situation as such. With that being said and not going into a lot of more details, please let us move forward.
thankful7
thankful7

Back to top Go down

Post by serolf24 Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:24 pm

thankful7 wrote:Okay..Here we go again. On quick break, so I will jump right in here now. It has been brought to my attention that Catherine IG post created a lot of negative comments. I believe she did not intentionally try to cause any burning feelings, unfortunately she did. If we keep talking and chatting about issue and/or concern, it only magnifies the situation as such. With that being said and not going into a lot of more details, please let us move forward.

I agree!

serolf24

Female Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetfreedom Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:31 pm

serolf24 wrote:
thankful7 wrote:Okay..Here we go again. On quick break, so I will jump right in here now. It has been brought to my attention that Catherine IG post created a lot of negative comments. I believe she did not intentionally try to cause any burning feelings, unfortunately she did. If we keep talking and chatting about issue and/or concern, it only magnifies the situation as such. With that being said and not going into a lot of more details, please let us move forward.

I agree!
Me too. Thanks thankful7. You said what I was thinking better than I could have. :)
sweetfreedom
sweetfreedom

Female Posts : 2190

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm not American and not black but I have a few black cousins from Jamaica and South Africa. After seeing the IG, I asked them if that was offensive and the answers were NO. As I don't know Catherine personally, only thru the show and social media. Since the engagement, a lot of comments about her race and her dark skin and how Sean should reserve the "blood line"..etc... I feel like both of them just want to prove that Love has no colours and both want to fight racism and injustice..eg. the boating in Canada, Sean's " all white and Catherine", or " she only wants to date white and muscular guys", or " I'm white so I'm not a good dancer"... Cat's " played Domino, now is white" and on and on.., My cousins' opinions : she's proud to be Black! Catherine always wants to get a tan to look even darker, she doesn't see the race issue and colour like most people do, to her, the inside that counts. I think both are hoping that one day, everyone will be treated equally, but the world is still imperfect just like them and us. It might take a while!

PS. I know that this thread is going to end so just my 2 cents!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Thank you for words of wisdom.  We should be in a position to let go because if we do not do that everyone will be offending someone everyday.  I am black but was never offended by that at all.  I know I even liked the picture.  In my books I do not see black, white or any color, I see children of God.

Last edited by blessed66 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Cather10Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 -the-b12Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Bach1212Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Bachel10Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 Wecsrp12Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Page 66 10689-11
I want to be rich in love ~ Sean Lowe  
I thank God for bringing you to me and igniting that same light ~ Catherine Lowe
blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 73 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 69 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion

+35
deeliciouz
serolf24
Macswife8
TrustxLove
bluejay8