SELECT CONTENT

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Page 26 of 46 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 36 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 pm

grace8136 wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:So here's a little unverified tidbit that I thought I'd pass along ... I have a friend who works with someone who is friend's with Chris' sister (how's that for a great source giggling ) AND she told me that Chris' sister is getting married the fall (I think she said Sept or October) and that Des' designed her veil.

I guess we'll have to stay tuned to learn if this is true ...

Thanks for the info. The younger sister or the older sister? His younger sister looks really close to their age. Hope she and Des will become great friends. There's a good pic of his mom and sis on Sophie's page.... http://sophienettejc.thedeadone.net/2013/03/23/who-is-chris-siegfried-–-the-bachelorette-2013-season-9-pictures-and-info/
T4 sharing, MVMom bestbud! . def.ly the younger. the older already married :Smiley: . Ahna, his younger sister, already engaged,as far as i can recall, looking at her flashing a ring on one of her pic. So, no surprise if there is a planned wedding. I am glad that Des  get to do what she is passionate about. Ash was spotted on when she said : some people say that happiness is finding something to do, smth to live for and someone to love. IMO Des has found her happiness :cutesmile!:. Look fwd to the beginning of her RL fairy tale next summer!! cheerleader

Back to top Go down

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

Post by jem22271108 Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:So here's a little unverified tidbit that I thought I'd pass along ... I have a friend who works with someone who is friend's with Chris' sister (how's that for a great source giggling ) AND she told me that Chris' sister is getting married the fall (I think she said Sept or October) and that Des' designed her veil.

I guess we'll have to stay tuned to learn if this is true ...

Thanks for the info. The younger sister or the older sister? His younger sister looks really close to their age. Hope she and Des will become great friends. There's a good pic of his mom and sis on Sophie's page.... http://sophienettejc.thedeadone.net/2013/03/23/who-is-chris-siegfried-–-the-bachelorette-2013-season-9-pictures-and-info/
T4 sharing, MVMom bestbud! . def.ly the younger. the older already married :Smiley: . Ahna, his younger sister, already engaged,as far as i can recall, looking at her flashing a ring on one of her pic. So, no surprise if there is a planned wedding. I am glad that Des  get to do what she is passionate about. Ash was spotted on when she said : some people say that happiness is finding something to do, smth to live for and someone to love. IMO Des has found her happiness :cutesmile!:. Look fwd to the beginning of her RL fairy tale next summer!! cheerleader
Good Post I agree :fingersarecrossed :yes: 

Daniel Goleman wrote:In a very real sense, we have two minds, one that thinks and one that feels. -Emotional Intelligence (Why it can matter more than IQ)

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter. Dancing through the fire...Your gonna hear me ROAR. Louder than a lion..." - ROAR by Katy Perry :whistle: :dancingdoggy!  :dancebear: :skating: party time :dancing peg: :Jeremiah : danceround :cheerpom: :crazy dance: partytime :happydance: :dancingsantada 

jem22271108

Female Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:31 pm

I thought I would bring this over from the Brooks discussion thread for us....

Re: Brooks Discussion Group
by joy08 Today at 5:18 pm

I was not going to post this before but felt I had to because of some of the posts above. I was told by someone familiar with both Chris and Des that after the whole Brooks situation, Des realized the huge mistake she made going after Brooks but certain things were not shown because they wanted people to still believe that Des and Brooks were going to end up together.
Des is not in anyway still pinning for Brooks.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:35 pm

grace8136 wrote:I thought I would bring this over from the Brooks discussion thread for us....

I was not going to post this before but felt I had to because of some of the posts above. I was told by someone familiar with both Chris and Des that after the whole Brooks situation, Des realized the huge mistake she made going after Brooks but certain things were not shown because they wanted people to still believe that Des and Brooks were going to end up together.

Thanks for bringing this over. "We" already knew this but nice to have it verified by someone close to the couple! ;).
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:25 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:I thought I would bring this over from the Brooks discussion thread for us....

Thanks for bringing this over.  "We" already knew this but nice to have it verified by someone close to the couple! ;).
after being called delusional throughout season, and yet not ended after the season end giggling , it is a great news to hear yes . Thanks for sharing, Grace..bestbud! 

Back to top Go down

Post by reb Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 am

Good to be back with all the Chris/Des fans! I must say that I enjoy the fact that Chris and Des are keeping a fairly low profile in the aftermaths of the Show. They seem really happy and content!
reb
reb

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 am

reb wrote:Good to be back with all the Chris/Des fans! I must say that I enjoy the fact that Chris and Des are keeping a fairly low profile in the aftermaths of the Show. They seem really happy and content!
Yup. We could conclude that being on the show and finding love was enough for them and now they are living out their fairytale in real time!

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:02 am

I always think there is more to the story than meets the eye. Des, Chris AND Brooks know what REALLY happened and The Truth did not match all that was shown on screen. Everybody has their secrets they wish kept hidden, they can benefit from a "storyline" in so many other ways too (publicity, positive image for business purposes) and everybody kinda had a "win win" situation of sorts. The fact that Brooks attended ATFR with no hesitation (unlike past "drama" guys like Wes, Justin, Frank, Bentley and this season's Brian who refused to confront others on the show) indicated he had nothing on screen that he was ashamed of or had anything he did NOT want questioned about relating to The Show at least.

Unfortunately they were a bit sloppy in their delivery this time around compared to past seasons (i.e. Sean/Tierra, Ash/Bentley, Ali/Frank, etc.). The "storyline" was about her being "at the finish line" with Brooks and "falling in love" with Chris more gradually (a.k.a. "slow burn") so that Bruthah Nate could see she wasn't just going by "gut attractions" and rushing to the altar with the first guy she had the "hots" for. Also they needed to show some form of "heartbreak" on screen, all predicted ahead of time under the Hollywood sign (as if that wasn't enough to insinuate some "soap drama" going on this season). Yet viewers... and Nate too... probably took it all differently and were totally confused with the fast "turnaround" in her journey-to-find-love in the finale.

Re-watching the dodgeball date in episode #3 in hindsight is a real eye opener. The scenes with Brooks returning from the hospital are presented straightforwardly and you can see her happy with him and giggling; whether she is just comfortable with him on a boy-pal basis or is passionately fantasizing having his love child is up to debate on this forum. Yet there is massive lop and chop with the Chris dance scene. There is one stock "concerned" look of Brooks when Chris gets the rose, but you can clearly see in other shots that he is happy for Chris and could probably care less if Chris won-this-stupid-season-anyway. He is content with just the friends relationship with Des. They even blurred Chris' face at one point (check the shot following Des' words "quality time" in which they also try to hide her own gobsmack facial expression). They did everything they could to keep Chris and Des at "friend zone" while trumping up the heat with Brooks... not that there wasn't any, mind you. She was definitely attracted to him and greatly enjoyed his company. Yet even the fireworks in Madeira were obvious overkill. I think enough viewers bought the Des/Brooks Love-Lust Story even without all of those silly "pppppoooof" sound effects coming from her.

You wonder just how aware the other guys , including Brooks, were of the Des/Chris connection. (I wouldn't go by what Brandon and others said in interviews early on.) Brooks even congratulates Chris on his second one and one in Munich, when all WE saw on screen was the dodgeball dance and some making out in Atlantic City. Regardless if Brooks simply considers the dance a "one on one" equal to this new date doesn't matter (which also had dancing, by the way). The fact that he makes note of it instantly on screen with no hesitation is important.

Then again, I never thought Des EVER considered Chris a future "dumpee" after hearing that Barcelona poem read on screen. Also she told him in Madeira that she wanted him to meet her family, despite pretending to be "hesitant" on his last chance date. Even the song selection of the Kate Earl and Matt White hardly seemed coincidental. It was almost like somebody in production was TESTING Chris this season with lyrics like "Never knew what I was signing up for / Knew it was hard, just not this hard core" and "no matter what will come, I won’t surrender". Maybe The Spoilers were also part of The Test?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 am

JBF wrote:I always think there is more to the story than meets the eye. Des, Chris AND Brooks know what REALLY happened and The Truth did not match all that was shown on screen. Everybody has their secrets they wish kept hidden, they can benefit from a "storyline" in so many other ways too (publicity, positive image for business purposes) and everybody kinda had a "win win" situation of sorts. The fact that Brooks attended ATFR with no hesitation (unlike past "drama" guys like Wes, Justin, Frank, Bentley and this season's Brian who refused to confront others on the show) indicated he had nothing on screen that he was ashamed of or had anything he did NOT want questioned about relating to The Show at least.

Unfortunately they were a bit sloppy in their delivery this time around compared to past seasons (i.e. Sean/Tierra, Ash/Bentley, Ali/Frank, etc.). The "storyline" was about her being "at the finish line" with Brooks and "falling in love" with Chris more gradually (a.k.a. "slow burn") so that Bruthah Nate could see she wasn't just going by "gut attractions" and rushing to the altar with the first guy she had the "hots" for. Also they needed to show some form of "heartbreak" on screen, all predicted ahead of time under the Hollywood sign (as if that wasn't enough to insinuate some "soap drama" going on this season). Yet viewers... and Nate too... probably took it all differently and were totally confused with the fast "turnaround" in her journey-to-find-love in the finale.

Re-watching the dodgeball date in episode #3 in hindsight is a real eye opener. The scenes with Brooks returning from the hospital are presented straightforwardly and you can see her happy with him and giggling; whether she is just comfortable with him on a boy-pal basis or is passionately fantasizing having his love child is up to debate on this forum. Yet there is massive lop and chop with the Chris dance scene. There is one stock "concerned" look of Brooks when Chris gets the rose, but you can clearly see in other shots that he is happy for Chris and could probably care less if Chris won-this-stupid-season-anyway. He is content with just the friends relationship with Des. They even blurred Chris' face at one point (check the shot following Des' words "quality time" in which they also try to hide her own gobsmack facial expression). They did everything they could to keep Chris and Des at "friend zone" while trumping up the heat with Brooks... not that there wasn't any, mind you. She was definitely attracted to him and greatly enjoyed his company. Yet even the fireworks in Madeira were obvious overkill. I think enough viewers bought the Des/Brooks Love-Lust Story even without all of those silly "pppppoooof" sound effects coming from her.

You wonder just how aware the other guys , including Brooks, were of the Des/Chris connection. (I wouldn't go by what Brandon and others said in interviews early on.) Brooks even congratulates Chris on his second one and one in Munich, when all WE saw on screen was the dodgeball dance and some making out in Atlantic City. Regardless if Brooks simply considers the dance a "one on one" equal to this new date doesn't matter (which also had dancing, by the way). The fact that he makes note of it instantly on screen with no hesitation is important.

Then again, I never thought Des EVER considered Chris a future "dumpee" after hearing that Barcelona poem read on screen. Also she told him in Madeira that she wanted him to meet her family, despite pretending to be "hesitant" on his last chance date. Even the song selection of the Kate Earl and Matt White hardly seemed coincidental. It was almost like somebody in production was TESTING Chris this season with lyrics like "Never knew what I was signing up for / Knew it was hard, just not this hard core" and "no matter what will come, I won’t surrender". Maybe The Spoilers were also part of The Test?

High clap  Great job JBF! Definitely more there than meets the eye. Eventually the truth or should I say the whole truth will come out as time goes on. It did with all the other couples too! Meanwhile, I am glad they are giving it a chance in the "real world." They both seem very sincere and so far seem very happy. I wish them the best!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:37 am

With Juan Pablo's season, I am keeping the sound off a lot... or watching with sound once or twice to get the specific lines we need for editing purposes and then re-watching specific dates TOTALLY silent to see what is REALLY happening with body language and lop'n'chop edit cuts. Again, turn OFF the sound in many scenes with this season and things become a little too obvious. Even her facial expressions during the limo arrivals are interesting... AND just how much of her with Chris did we actually see in episodes #1 and #2? If there was "nothing there" and the Des/Chris love story was NOT "rapidly rising" in the early weeks, then you would think they would be more willing to show all of that "nothing" on screen.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:04 am

JBF wrote:With Juan Pablo's season, I am keeping the sound off a lot... or watching with sound once or twice to get the specific lines we need for editing purposes and then re-watching specific dates TOTALLY silent to see what is REALLY happening with body language and lop'n'chop edit cuts. Again, turn OFF the sound in many scenes with this season and things become a little too obvious. Even her facial expressions during the limo arrivals are interesting... AND just how much of her with Chris did we actually see in episodes #1 and #2? If there was "nothing there" and the Des/Chris love story was NOT "rapidly rising" in the early weeks, then you would think they would be more willing to show all of that "nothing" on screen.

Exactly! Good advice about turning off the sound. I am going to try that on Juan's season! ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:27 pm

This is kinda silly fiddle faddle, but I'll post it anyway for everybody's amusement...

This clip is another good one to watch… first with sound on and then sound off… part 1 of the Madeira date. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1elkslK6s

These are old notes I typed up a month and a half ago… none of it important NOW, but posting them just so you can see where my idiotic mind wanders.

We all discuss body language here, but there is little mention of how body language is discussed on the show itself. This scene always interested me in the way four guys observe at a distance Chris leaving with Des. (Other examples from past seasons: a couple guys in Iceland observing Ali with Florida Chris, Blake commenting to Ben F. on Ashley line-dancing with Nick early in her season, etc.)

The guys try to determine if Chris is holding her hand… which he even states on screen. Intriguingly, when Brooks says he is not, Zak is shown as if he’s the one who would be most concerned.

One “Easter Egg” / Edit “Intention” is the blur of Mike’s mouth so lip-readers can’t determine if “I think he is now” is dubbed in… which I believe it was.

Earlier, when Chris says “I feel like we have already built a very, very strong connection”, he and Zak and Mike are all highlighted. This suggests (to me) that these three DO have connections with her, even if they may not all be the same (like Mike still being in the friend zone but Desiree speaking very favorably of him at Men Tell All). Of course, Brooks isn’t shown since he is on a date. Why Drew isn’t shown is rather curious.

Chris showcased solo with ”so I want that one and one date” emphasizes just how much he does.

Also interesting is Drew’s edit here. He is smiling when Mike says “are YOU ready?” and scowling when “Chris” is spoken. I don’t think Drew was necessarily scowling at that split second, but the editors are making a “point” here, whatever it may be.

Zak is squinting when Mike asks “if we can find love here” as if he is trying to figure out the meaning behind it. It is possible that he may have detected that the wording was similar to the German Munich card that Chris had previously, but he isn’t competitive in the same way Drew is… he is the only one shown congratulating Chris. Later, Zak and Mike are the only ones SHOWN talking to Chris about his upcoming date the next morning.

Because of the editing, the PI session regarding “tomorrow” was actually spoken before he got the date card. Yet the edit of his voice-over (combined with the card sniff) over Drew hints that he may be banking on Mike getting the third solo date (since he didn’t get one yet) over Drew. Speaking of Drew, he later says Chris is a lucky duck on account of the date with no mention of her.

I will refrain myself from speculating why “out of the ordinary planned” is spoken over Brooks. His breakup with her was “out of the ordinary” enough for me.

On every date with Chris, she says either “everything” or “all of the qualities” relating to the word “husband”. With other guys, it is “can picture him” or “he has a quality I’m looking for”. After she says “picturing what OUR life will be like in the future”, she is quickly down to her bikini and he is shirtless. Apparently the physical-ness is a big issue with her that was lacking with a past boyfriend.

Chris discusses the “knots” on her back. Like daddy like son. She will get more serious treatment on the hometown.

Some will think her body language lacks “intent”, but we will just have to agree to disagree. The way she massages his shoulder and the quick kiss when he says “yah” hardly looked staged. These two are not as in-your-face as JP and Ashley… or even Jake and Vienna, but these little things suggest a strong comfort level that I did not see on the other dates in Madeira.

Chris’ “It feels like Des and I are building something real and something great and… possibly, y’know, a new life" voice-over is significant, since the last part emphasizing “new life” is spoken over a shot of little white flowers. (The Mediterranean/North African variation of Gypsophila... i.e. "baby’s breath"? He does ask that evening “So how big of a family do you want?”)

We end this particular video with more body language talk.
“Do you think what I get is the same Chris your friends get?”
“100% (I like that)… less romantic I’d say. I’m not really hugging everybody or holding hands with people”
Of course, this was also the date (evening portion) when she confirms that Chris will be meeting her family: “I’d love for you to meet them”. Later in the finale, she backtracks… and hesitates on the last chance date about him meeting her family until… he asks to meet them.

As with the Barcelona poem and “let’s talk future” on the fantasy date, this was another of many key moments FOR ME… if not so many others watching and sticking with The Spoilers… that she already made up her mind that Chris was F1 but still needed Brooks… for other reasons. We can only guess all the possibilities… to get through some emotional baggage? To have a more supportive F2 dumpee, being a bit timid with Drew? At least she was allowed to dump Drew early. To showcase heartbreak on screen? Or just to keep the soap opera going as Trista’s season did back in 2003? See this chestnut from yesteryear: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/22/arts/tv-watch-blurring-reality-with-soap-suds.html

Or to prove “something” to Nate? I’ve also noticed, even in the above Madeira video, that BOTH Chris and Des occasionally glance off camera as if reading something when they talk… as if to make sure the correct words are spoken on screen. It is mighty tempting to think that Nate was not approving of her being on this show and falling for somebody too quickly in The Bubble, being skeptical of her being married too soon after seeing her past rushed-into relationships.

On the plus side, you can see he definitely liked Chris more than he did Sean though. All of these quickie shots flashed too quickly for average viewers to notice them upon first viewing. You only notice them going through the scenes shot by shot:

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Chris_15
Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Chris_16
Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Chris_17

Note how all close up shots had Des and Chris with some distance between them, but this faraway shot has her rubbing his leg.

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Chris_18

Also look at how Nate observes his sister first, then Chris here.

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Chris_19
Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion - Page 26 Chris_20

Now… I am not insinuating that all of this season was faked for the cameras… just manipulated quite a bit. Brooks said in his marketing presentation video that America knew she loved him before he did and, going into his break-up scene, he was told by the handler “just so you know”, which added a LOT more stress than he was banking on. Perhaps he thought this would be no different than Constantine bolting on his fantasy date two years previously and was, thus, totally shocked by what she told him “saving my heart for you” style. In hindsight, I could easily understand him feeling a trifle “used” by production but going along with it because it could have been presented worse than it was.

Yeah… I am slowly suspecting that that Chris was F1 very, very, VERY early… maybe even focused on by Peter Geist or another handler in charge of how the dates were planned and the drama manipulated around them (i.e. Bryden and Brooks departing as a way of getting her to open up with him), just as Cassie Lambert jotted JP’s name down on night #1 on Ashley’s (and JP got plenty that season to deal with). In an oddball way, this all seemed like it was carefully planned as some sort of “test” of sorts. Other seasons like Ben’s, they probably don’t care since they saw no potential TV wedding from the get-go anyway.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 46 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 36 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Des & Chris Siegfried - Fan Forum - General Discussion

+86
mysthelma
grace8136
alwaystulips
KB_Mom
Seabear