SELECT CONTENT

Technical Questions - How do you...?

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 12 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:00 pm

albean99 wrote:The last couple of days after I post I've noticed the text is still showing in the post box at the bottom of the page so I have to delete it which is kind of annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

ETA:  Of course when I posted this one it didn't do it.   Smiley 

That's been happening to me also - there's no way to get rid of it except to hit send and then delete it right away before someone posts under it. Any other ideas of how to get rid of it?
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Technical Questions - How do you...? - Page 12 Empty Re: Technical Questions - How do you...?

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:03 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I explained it on the previous page.

albean99 wrote:The last couple of days after I post I've noticed the text is still showing in the post box at the bottom of the page so I have to delete it which is kind of annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

ETA:  Of course when I posted this one it didn't do it.   Smiley 

It's a new feature I added and posted in the About this Site and added the instructions here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Basically, if you start a post, but need to go to another thread or another page/topic, or another window's application not related to the forum, when you come back your post will still be there.

If you start a post, but change your mind and you don't want to send, delete the post within the reply box, refresh your page, or click view new posts, it should be gone.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71703

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam4UGA Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:00 pm

The new lines separating the post and signature are great, but it's too long and throwing off spacing on my iPad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"How careful I must be, somewhere a little fellow watches me." - Herman Boone - High School Hall of Fame Coach
Iam4UGA
Iam4UGA

Female Posts : 800

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 pm

I took it out for now until I figure out what is compatible for everyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:20 pm

--TO VIEW ABC CLIPS AND OTHER LOCKED MEDIA FROM OUTSIDE US--

for those outside US, you should have Google Chrome. Then Installed inside app called Media Hint. It serves to unlock all the ABC clips, Bing video and other format that usually is restricted from outside US. Its free and so easy , only take you 2-3 minutes. Just give it a try... yes..

credit : Kaltie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 pm

clapping! bowdown :cutesmile!: 

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Can someone help me with a series of tweets.  I was trying to make a post that shows about 10 tweets.  For the tweet I clicked on embed tweet and copy and pasted it into my post (with media).  I then did that for the other tweets and then previewed it.  In the preview it shows up correctly, but when I send it you only see up to the first tweet without any media.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there somewhere with instructions?  I am unspoiled and afraid to go digging.  TIA.

ETA: I figured it out. It was cutting it off because of an emoji. So I removed them all and it posted.
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:50 pm

GrahamGal wrote:Can someone help me with a series of tweets.  I was trying to make a post that shows about 10 tweets.  For the tweet I clicked on embed tweet and copy and pasted it into my post (with media).  I then did that for the other tweets and then previewed it.  In the preview it shows up correctly, but when I send it you only see up to the first tweet without any media.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there somewhere with instructions?  I am unspoiled and afraid to go digging.  TIA.

ETA: I figured it out.  It was cutting it off because of an emoji.  So I removed them all and it posted.

You beat me to it. If a post is messed up, always check emoji's. They show up as square boxes in your preview. Usually that is the problem as this fourm doesn't support them.

I'm glad you were able to post the tweets! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Is there any reason why creating new "topics" inside of thread is no restricted? (In the Bach Australia section) - I can't make the contestants threads now.  no idea 

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm

chloep wrote:Is there any reason why creating new "topics" inside of thread is no restricted? (In the Bach Australia section) - I can't make the contestants threads now.  no idea 

The permission in some threads are locked for creating new topics. I prefer to be PM'd or post anywhere on the forum the request when anyone wants a new topic created.

I created a Contestant Topic, you can now add Contestant Threads.

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:33 am

Okay, I am not sure where to put this, but I am sure it is going to be needed sooner or later....

HOW TO EMBED FACEBOOK VIDEOS:

Copy-and-paste the URL link of the FB video you want to embed.
This should look something like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]693594780713370
or this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]693594780713370&set=vb.478928618846655&type=3&video_source=pages_video_set

Just copy the 15 character text in the video URL(bolded above) and replace the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX with it in the code seen on this site:
(I can't post the code here - it will automaticall format and the code won't be visible)

Set "width" to 720 and "height" to 480.

Example: - The above FB video embedded:

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:03 pm

When I post a message and the page reloads itself, it always took me back to my message. Now it has been going to the top of the page instead. I noticed it also happened on another Forumotion forum I am a member of. But now I have realized it only happens on my iMac, and not on my PC. Please, does anyone have any idea how to fix this, it is driving me crazy!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 43 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 27 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Technical Questions - How do you...?

+63
Norcalgal
Genevieve Australia
butterflylove
Jolena
mbl