SELECT CONTENT

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 19 Empty Re: Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:09 pm

For some reason that link doesn't work, @ariwolf, but if you search for Katie Thurston from it you can find the right link. I tried posting it and the same thing happened. no idea

It's so maddening when the victim of a r*pe has to go through so much trying to give the police the story and evidence (which has to be very difficult) and the person who did it isn't prosecuted. I feel for Katie.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15471

Back to top Go down

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion  - Page 19 Empty Re: Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:06 pm

That's horrible! Here is TMZ's link which has more information.

TMZ - Katie

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71703

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:54 pm

@GuardianAngel TMZ link now not working.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5398

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:56 pm

I was never a big fan of Katie but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:04 pm

I bet it's because the link says r*pe and the site replaces the a to a *.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15471

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:27 am

I think you're correct @albean99 about the links.

Here is EW's story which is basically what I read on TMZ's link.

"I called 911 to report my r*pe. They sent an officer to take my statement and then drove me to a special medical center to perform a SART exam," she recalled. "I felt like a small lost child who was vulnerable and scared. They thoroughly explained the process, asking for consent along the way, and allowing me to decline or change my mind at any time.”

Sign up for Entertainment Weekly's free daily newsletter to get breaking TV news, exclusive first looks, recaps, reviews, interviews with your favorite stars, and more.

Thurston shared that after her blood was drawn “to check for STDs, drugs, and blood alcohol concentration,” she was offered several treatments, including, “Plan B, Rocephin (a shot for bacterial infections), Azithromycin (to treat possible STIs), and Truvada and nPEP for a month (to treat possible HIV).”

In the following slides, she provided various wellbeing resources, including information about the r*pe, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) and the recommendation that followers read Chanel Miller’s Know My Name. "While I could only consume it in small doses at a time before nausea would hit, I also felt validation each and every chapter," she wrote.
In a now-expired Instagram Story from the same day, Thurston implied that she ultimately lost the legal battle against her alleged rapist, writing, "It took 7 months for the San Diego Justice to let me down as a victim of r*pe.”

She expanded on this in the longer post. "I did everything I should have done as a victim of r*pe. 'Here are my texts, my calls, my photos, my videos, names, witnesses, locations, social media, time stamps, surveillance footage, DNA, my body,’” she wrote. “The warning 'a guilty verdict is hard in criminal court' echoed throughout & the months, like an annoying parrot you were forced to keep. And as much as l heard it, I still wasn't ready to be stopped. And yet, without warning, I was.”
Thurston concluded that the way her case turned out was "not a loss" for her personally, as she remains safe, loved and supported. She wrote that it was instead “yet another loss in a broken system,” adding, "The justice system failed me. And continues to fail thousands every single day.”

Urging fellow survivors not to give up, Thurston ended with the message, "Be your biggest advocate. You are valued. You are strong. I believe in you.”

Representatives for Thurston did not immediately respond to Entertainment Weekly’s request for comment.

https://ew.com/former-bachelorette-katie-thurston-aftermath-r*pe-8672017

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:30 pm

@GuardianAngel I can't imagine going through all that trauma while the officers, whom you should be able to trust, keep saying "a conviction is hard to obtain". No wonder assault is so under-reported. I hope Katie is feeling loved and supported.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:07 pm

@Norcalgal I don't understand how it has come in this world, that the bad guy wins.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Katie Thurston - Bachelorette 17 - Discussion

+27
Loulou
appiah01
ReneeM
jojo47
ariwolf