SELECT CONTENT

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by frajosfanofchris Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:38 pm

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

Post by lovelycrumpets Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@lovelycrumpets I can't seem to find that. Is it an IG?

Yup. Tayshia follows her if you wanted to try and search there to find it. Not sure why it's not coming up for you.

"I have your daughter's best interests. I really do love your daughter, and I can stand here and say it and be 100% behind it -- or I wouldn't. I want her to be my wife, and I want to be her best friend, and I want to be her biggest cheerleader... Before I got out here my dad got really sick, and it put a lot of things into perspective for me. I love your daughter, and I want that girl to be the mother of my kids. I want her to lead my family in faith the way she's done so far on this trip and be that strong women that she is. I don't have any second guessing or any doubt about me and her -- at all." beatingheart

lovelycrumpets

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:53 pm

@lovelycrumpets thanks. That's really strange, if you search it, it doesn't come up. If you add it to an instagram addy, then it comes up. no idea I wanted to add her to the producers SM list but it doesn't look like she posts about the show nor does she have anything in her bio about the show.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelycrumpets Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:42 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@lovelycrumpets thanks. That's really strange, if you search it, it doesn't come up. If you add it to an instagram addy, then it comes up. no idea I wanted to add her to the producers SM list but it doesn't look like she posts about the show nor does she have anything in her bio about the show.

She doesn't have it in her bio but she does have multiple pictures involving in The Bachelor

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJIHgsmppS0/ (with Tayshia and other producers)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsZU9rnHdrZ/ (with Colton on his premiere night)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmM0INoAuqy/ (Bachelor in Paradise)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXhShvMH-ka/ (ATFR in 2017, I believe her first season working)

"I have your daughter's best interests. I really do love your daughter, and I can stand here and say it and be 100% behind it -- or I wouldn't. I want her to be my wife, and I want to be her best friend, and I want to be her biggest cheerleader... Before I got out here my dad got really sick, and it put a lot of things into perspective for me. I love your daughter, and I want that girl to be the mother of my kids. I want her to lead my family in faith the way she's done so far on this trip and be that strong women that she is. I don't have any second guessing or any doubt about me and her -- at all." beatingheart

lovelycrumpets

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLvJWpan7FL/

Link: https://linktr.ee/rachaelkirkconnell
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:33 am

Listening to her IG story reminds me why it is so important to "go out and see the world". Your education is just not in school - it is meeting, getting to know and living with people who are so different than you. Best thing Rachael could do is move from Georgia for a while.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5420

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:06 am

Rachael’s post on IG is a very strong step in the right direction IMO. My daughters and I especially applaud her telling people not to tell her she didn’t do anything wrong. I am certain she is having a very difficult time right now with many friends and possibly family members very unhappy that she’s shining a light on her own racist behavior. It is putting those people in the position of having to defend their own actions which I’m sure they’d prefer not to think about.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:01 pm

luvstx wrote:Rachael’s post on IG is a very strong step in the right direction IMO. My daughters and I especially applaud her telling people not to tell her she didn’t do anything wrong. I am certain she is having a very difficult time right now with many friends and possibly family members very unhappy that she’s shining a light on her own racist behavior. It is putting those people in the position of having to defend their own actions which I’m sure they’d prefer not to think about.

The big lesson to be learned that if you don't want your "dirty laundry" aired don't post it on the internet. Whether it's your racist behavior (even when you were younger), or sex tapes, things you post on the internet are NEVER gone forever. There is always someone (forensic IT) that can find stuff that has been deleted.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion  - Page 13 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3842

Back to top Go down

Post by allykat Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:27 pm

I'm having a weird moment where real life and the Bachelor just crossed. My organization is on the caard of orgs to support in Rachael's links, which was created by a teenager last summer in the wake of the murder of George Floyd. That particular caard drives a TON of support and energy to the movement and made the rounds. I'm not going to name my org here simply because I enjoy some anonymity on this board, it's an escape.

I share that only because it will be interesting to see how her followers react and I think it will say something about the Bach audience in general (which is presumably her audience). We usually know when that caard is posted by an influencer because we get another wave of new donations and emails, and they are not our choir. I woke up this morning and would not have known it got posted somewhere if I didn't read this thread.

I do thank her for trying to drive her followers to organizations that are actually doing the real work to dismantle systemic racism. However, it's still hard for me to grasp that Rachael was exhibiting racist behavior pretty recently and was silently complicit until a few weeks ago when her own reputation was at risk. As a reminder, A WHOLE LOT HAPPENED IN GA LAST YEAR including the widely covered and tragic killings of Ahmaud Arbery and Rayshard Brooks (may they rest in power), not to mention what went on with a contested election. I could probably spend the whole day writing a list of things that happened in GA that might prompt you to say something or start this learning journey. Where was she then? That was last year, the same year that she filmed the Bach. She apparently thought all of it was fine and so she sat silently until this year when her own reputation was going to take a hit. I sincerely hope that this journey she's on works for her.
allykat
allykat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:46 pm

I'm starting to think that this is the growth and wake up call many of us need to have. Rachel may not have signed up for this heavy dose of education, but this is what she is getting, and hopefully she will come out the other end better for it.

A bit of my own self-reflection: I live in Canada, in a diverse city, and in my own "bubble", I have never heard of these antebellum parties. My own assumption, if I just heard about it in passing, would probably be a coming-of-age costume party.

In that way, I plead ignorance.

Its how this situation was dealt with after calling attention to it that could have been handled differently. Those called out could have responded with "I didn't know/understand at the time, but now I get the meaning behind my actions better."

This is more messy than it could have been if effort to understand why it is problematic was made sooner.

This is going to be a long process for Rachel. Maybe she really will try. Time will tell if those involved will use this opportunity to improve.

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:14 pm

@allykat Great post. Am glad your org may get some benefit from her post.
"@luvstx" Good observation about those who are collateral damage from Rachael's post and actions.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:23 pm

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/rachael-kirkconnells-mom-addresses-bachelor-controversy/

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachael Kirkconnell - Bachelor 25 - Discussion

+42
Sprite
Jane Austen
dee
lightredemption
Luvstruck