SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 55 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Vjeff Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Enough wrote:Is she the third girl who want out? So many this season

Not sure if they really did want out - the environment was likely toxic but I think they are all just jumping on that bandwagon to save face.
https://punkee.com.au/the-bachelor-kristina-abramoff/107323
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 55 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:09 am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/why-reality-tv-is-turning-viewers-off-during-the-pandemic/news-story/4c4f89821557cae0e2ea0e0cae6ffa87

Last night (Wed 26), The Bachelor had 582,000 viewers, down 25 per cent from last year. The August 12 premiere had more viewers (681,000), although this figure was also down (17 per cent) compared with 2019 despite one of the five cities being in lockdown.

leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1352

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:22 pm

leavers wrote:https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/why-reality-tv-is-turning-viewers-off-during-the-pandemic/news-story/4c4f89821557cae0e2ea0e0cae6ffa87

Last night (Wed 26), The Bachelor had 582,000 viewers, down 25 per cent from last year. The August 12 premiere had more viewers (681,000), although this figure was also down (17 per cent) compared with 2019 despite one of the five cities being in lockdown.

Could you please explain why reality tv is turning off viewers? It won't let me see the article for some reason. TYIA

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:00 pm

I think it's a subscription. I can't view it either. I'd be curious as well to find out why reality tv is turning off viewers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 pm

@Sprite @GuardianAngel  I've copied and pasted the article.

Reality TV ratings are down across the board this week as more viewers tune in to news and current affairs programs during the pandemic.
Channel 9’s ratings juggernaut The Block premiered to lower than expected ratings on Sunday, with figures down 9 per cent compared with the same time last year.
Monday’s episode had 738,000 metro viewers while Tuesday saw 762,000 tune in, down 20 per cent from Sunday night’s launch (947,000).
In comparison, Channel 10’s The Masked Singer reveal had slightly more viewers — 786,000 on Monday and 810,000 the following night, while the main show had 692,000 and 717,000.
Channel 7’s Farmer Wants a Wife finale won its slot on Monday night with 923,000, while the network’s Inside The Crown: Secrets of The Royals had just 425,000 people watching on Tuesday.
Last night, The Bachelor had 582,000 viewers, down 25 per cent from last year. The August 12 premiere had more viewers (681,000), although this figure was also down (17 per cent) compared with 2019 despite one of the five cities being in lockdown.
Even beloved cooking shows such as Seven’s My Kitchen Rules are struggling, with the latest season premiering to its lowest ever ratings earlier this year.
The season 11 premiere debuted to 498,000 viewers in February, down 39 per cent after last year’s launch attracted 819,000 and it’s unclear if the show will return.
However, it’s not all bad news for Seven News and Nine News, which have both had viewers exceeding the one million mark this week.
One media expert told Confidential that the contrived drama often seen on reality TV has far less appeal during a crisis.
“While digital and TV consumption has skyrocketed (as more people remain in the home with time spent on news digital sites and apps up 29 per cent), reality TV numbers are dwindling,” said Nicole Reaney of InsideOut PR.
“There is a sense of viewer fatigue from staged drama to series repetition.
“The public are consumed by news and social media as the pandemic evolves, while also seeking escapism through any new and lighthearted series.”
MediaWeek’s Deputy Editor Trent Thomas said the shows need more time.
“The launch numbers were close to the same as previous years, and tried and true franchises like The Block, and The Bachelor should be given more of a sample size than a week before being judged,” said Thomas.
“A series like Masked Singer would be expected to have some second season decline but is still performing quite well for a crowded 7.30pm slot.
“It is also part of a continued drift away from live viewing to on demand, which will probably skew performance numbers moving forward with the rise of BVOD. With viewers not necessarily leaving but shifting.”
A Network Nine spokesman said the standard industry method of reporting five city metro figures for TV is not sufficient.
“Any journalist who simply looks at overnight linear viewing, without including digital viewing figures, is not reporting correctly, particularly as digital viewing for The Block is up by a staggering 66 per cent, easily offsetting any modest declines in linear broadcast viewing,” he said.
Source

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Yeah, I actually didn't bother doing the copy-paste (but should have said why) because ultimately the article has no concrete answer. In fact Farmer Wants a Wife finished really strong. The whole article was a nothingburger, I just wanted to share the Bach ratings. The truth, IMO, is that The Bach is rating badly because it's bad, not because of some kind of covid-related psychology.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Yes, nothing earth-shattering there. Imo there is some viewer fatigue with no gap in the schedule between BiP and Bach. But 7.30 can be a difficult time to sit down and watch something if you have kids. A lot of people watch Bach on catch up imo.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:50 pm

People were also disinterested with Locky right from his announcement. I except Elly's ratings to be low compared to previous seasons as well. What worked fantastic from the beginning of the series was bringing in completely new people, instead of these public figures who apparently need the extra exposure to find love and that all started with Sophie. The focus on the girls and not Locky and love has also been a massive turn off for so many, I think Georgia summed it up best in her tweet the other night, "is Locky.. in this episode?"

Social media is also now more prevalent than even 4 years ago, so we're seeing castings that are 90% interested in that influencer career and benefits rather than a genuine connection. I think I could count on one hand those who seem to be on this season for "genuine" reasons - Irena, Izzy, Steph, Clare, maybe Marlaina and Georgina?
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:11 pm

leavers wrote:The whole article was a nothingburger, I just wanted to share the Bach ratings. The truth, IMO, is that The Bach is rating badly because it's bad, not because of some kind of covid-related psychology.

laugh out loud re the bold. Nothingburger sums up this whole season IMO - a red carpet intro bun and a FRC bun with a whole lot of nothing in between.

TPTB obviously thought the audience was so dumb they'd just swallow whatever they churned out, but I think they finally reached the limit.

Oh and I think they really underestimated how much we would all hate Zoom by now. It stopped being a cute novelty months ago.

Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:38 pm

Bobette wrote:
leavers wrote:The whole article was a nothingburger, I just wanted to share the Bach ratings. The truth, IMO, is that The Bach is rating badly because it's bad, not because of some kind of covid-related psychology.

laugh out loud re the bold. Nothingburger sums up this whole season IMO - a red carpet intro bun and a FRC bun with a whole lot of nothing in between.

TPTB obviously thought the audience was so dumb they'd just swallow whatever they churned out, but I think they finally reached the limit.

Oh and I think they really underestimated how much we would all hate Zoom by now.  It stopped being a cute novelty months ago.

Agreed, I think they thought nobody would notice that the episodes were 90% cocktail party and that everyone would just love the Drama. They really think that little of their audience no no
Believe it or not tptb even old cynics like me want to see the relationship stuff, not girl drama stuff that most of us outgrew in year 9! Locky is barely ever seen (which makes it obvious imo how little time you actually get with the lead!)
I can't believe I am saying this but at least ... zoom ... isn't a cocktail party?! laugh out loud
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:49 pm

More lies from Osher here - I wouldn't call < 3 weeks "deep" into filming when it's usually 2.5 months.  no no

We were pretty deep into filming and it didn't make sense to abandon the series

I think what he meant to say was - "we were pretty deep in debt and needed the ad money" laugh out loud

This is interesting though.  We guessed of course but it's notable that they're admitting it:

Osher confirmed that contestants had each other's phone numbers and communicated regularly while the show was being produced in lockdown.

Source

I wonder if they're going to use that to fuel the whole Irena/Bella BFF storyline; e.g.:

"Irena and I became SO CLOSE and although it breaks my heart Locky didn't choose me I am happy for my BFF.  I guess my search for love continues..." (insert innocent eyelash batting here Rolling Eyes ).

Goddamit unless the audience revolts I really think we're going to get her next year.  Do not want!  Redfacemad
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:16 pm

I've seen some minor eye rolling about her crying after having only met Locky not long ago but for the most part the general SM feelings about Bella seem to be that she's sweet and genuine and unless she gets involved in something majorly unsavoury in the meantime, I think the public will definitely be asking for her to get the Bachelorette role. She's more universally liked than Elly, and she got it. Only we seem to be questioning her motives and I think when the public makes someone their favourite it takes more than a couple of DM articles saying she has an acting agent or a modeling background or whatever to change that.

leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 79 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 8 - Locky Gilbert - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+40
Bookworm
AllAboutLove
Sundy
chailatte
Bookwormer333