SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:09 am

handsanitiser wrote:I don't get the Tommy Little appeal personally but I will say that at least he's not fully a "celebrity" choice.  I'd put him closer to Georgia Love, i.e. media savvy, comfortable on camera, but not fully celebrity status.  At least in my mind he's not what I'd think of as a celebrity.  More of a ... working entertainment industry professional.   Perfect age too.

@handsanitiser I'd agree with your assessment of Tommy as a quasi-celeb - I wouldn't even know who he was if I hadn't caught a couple of episodes of the Project he was on.  I find him relatively funny and easy on the eyes and I'd definitely watch his season.

That said, I just can't see anyone who's already successful on TV taking on the role in this post-Badger era.  Everyone must now realise what a huge risk it is career-wise.  IMO they should just stick with people from within the franchise or find someone fresh.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:38 am

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 3806527698  now Tommy Little is the newest Channel Ten ruse Rolling Eyes  I see right through you Ten :yes:

@Bobette I find it interested that these names Dr Chris, Scott, now Tommy are all on TEN's payroll and shows that TEN has. Almost like a plug for the shows they are on. No way Tommy who is on The Project will lower himself for the bachelor. These celebs/TV/Radio personalities etc that are currently on shows are not going to be the next lead. jmo. Even when Sophie was chosen she was no longer on any show/station. Same for Nick he wasn't playing anything. It's all a way for TEN to hype. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by handsanitiser Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:44 am

They're definitely never going to plug anyone currently on another network so it has to be their shows. It pretty clearly is promotion or maybe, at best, putting feelers out for public response; they don't need to be pushing anybody at all yet given how early in the process it is.

I think a totally fresh face with no ties to Ten or the current franchise would be amazing. Could be a way to really reset the whole thing and start afresh. I don't see it happening though

handsanitiser

Female Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:36 am

@AllAboutLove @handsanitiser Yep, yep yep.

I'd go further and say the only hope they would have of getting a decent celeb would be if the person knew literally nothing about the show - even less that Nick, who hadn't watched an episode.  They would, IMO, have to trick someone into it, and it sounds like that's exactly what they tried to do with Jason from his quote in the article upthread:

'So [the producers] said to me, "Look, this is an environment where there's a bunch of amazing girls we've handpicked for you and they have no influence from the outside world. They can't Google, use social media, ask their friends." So they said it's a great controlled environment to find true love.'

Like seriously, anyone familiar with the show would know that is UTTER bs.  They do not "hand pick" a bunch of amazing girls.  They head hunt one or two if you're lucky; the rest are there for drama/BiP/eye candy.  The chances of a normal person finding someone that way is limited enough, but for a celeb?  Almost impossible IMO.

It can't be THAT hard to find a non-celeb Lead, surely.  Fresh faces can still be comfortable in front of the camera, can still be attractive/appealing to the contestants/viewers, and can still carry a show.  Or opt for a returnee who already has an established fan base, knows what they're in for, how the game is played, and toes the line.  

Just please, NO MORE CELEBS!  I can't see it ever working and after Nick and Ali, I'm not sure the show can withstand another fail.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:46 am

they don't need to be pushing anybody at all yet given how early in the process it is.

Random names being pushed happens every year and it's just hype. They (DM mostly and claiming "sources" etc) always push for all random names months before they start filming. It's a way to get clicks for DM and media on their off-season and hype for the show. Usually the random names pushed early are never the lead. I expect to see a LOT of random names thrown around bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 4256136633 So it's nothing new. Like I posted before, I won't pay any attention to anything until February.

Please, NO MORE CELEBS!

This. NO MORE CELEBS!!!! Even qausi-celebs. Anyone that is on a show/station/etc that's national imo won't want to do it as why lower themselves from their position and reputation they have. And the ones who aren't on shows and retired or no longer part of whatever they were known for are the ones who are desperate and take it (like Sophie and Nick) imo because they miss being on a somewhat center stage so they get hooked in for that reason. Either way, no thanks to any quasi-celebs past or present  :angryemotion
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 am

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 TXo7Izm
bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 XgJ2fum

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:11 am

@Bobette laugh out loud the channel TEN names for Scott and Dr Chris Brown. Tommy Little to be added shortly. I don't see either one being it and they're just the buffer/early ruse rumors like usual imo.

Also, the media is already digging up dirt on Scott Suspect No way his reputation or career would survive as lead. They're already asking for info/dirt about Scott.  

Scott Tweedie's desperate path to fame: Rumoured new Bachelor 'would ask journalists to interview him and beg to be photographed' at events

Do you have a story about Scott Tweedie? Email tips@dailymail.com
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6461373/Scott-Tweedies-desperate-path-fame.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 am

Sportsbet are playing silly buggers with that list for sure IMO.  Todd is the only viable name there to my eyes.  If it's not Todd, I suspect it will be someone we don't see coming.  

IMO they only added Scott's name hoping to snag some big bets off the back of the media articles over the past couple of days.  They haven't even bothered to add Jason, Josh or Tommy.  Shows how seriously they're being considered IMO (ie, not a lot).

Wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing has become a running joke among Ch 10 celebs - I can imagine them all laughing behind the scenes about being part of the Rumour Club.

Meanwhile Chris Brown is rumoured to be about the propose to Liv Phyland and Sportsbet still have him in second place. cantstopl
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 am

WOAH.  Votes have changed.  And I promise I didn't spend the afternoon opening 200 Daily Mail accounts.  laugh out loud

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 Pmp0GYI

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by handsanitiser Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:15 am

all you have to do to vote again is clear your cookies (just checked myself) so you could vote over and over again easily

todd may have a handful of very keen fans voting over and over :detective

also I'd also rather have no celebs (in particular anyone doing it for their instagram likes and public profile alone with no real care for the relationship part) but I do think people on the level of Georgia really are good. I'd personally rather have someone really comfortable on camera who knows what makes good TV. someone who worked in media behind the scenes maybe. for example my personal favourite US bachelorette is Becca from last season, and she was in PR. She was polished, articulate, media friendly but also genuine. She wasn't an instagram influencer or whatever either, which is as bad if not worse than a traditional celebrity.

I do think Todd would be an acceptable bachelor, I just don't think he has enough personality to be a great bachelor. He's so quiet and kinda mousy. I think he seemed better because he was up against Taite, but on his own I can't see him carrying it off. :iamsorry: He'd need some really firecracker contestants to make the season really pop.

Last edited by handsanitiser on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

handsanitiser

Female Posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 am

handsanitiser wrote:all you have to do to vote again is clear your cookies (just checked myself) so you could vote over and over again easily

todd may have a handful of very keen fans voting over and over :detective

Oh really?  Well we wouldn't want that info getting out; especially on a message board visited by Todd fans.  Oh WHOOPS. laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 am

I'm on my phone and just checked and I could only vote once. The popups are annoying. I know the link was shared on FB so I am sure some bachelor fans of Todd's were voting bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 6 4256136633 Not hard to do when Todd's the most recent and familiar name on the list of choices and more liked than Apollo who is also known to bachelor audiences. Plus the pics of the other choices were not flattering at all and DM already posted the negative article of Scott  Suspect 

As far as polls go, not many votes overall or even the leading votes so pretty on par with what I'd expect to see for regular votes and for off-season. I suspect there'd be more votes closer to the season airing but off-season most DM readers probably aren't going to vote and if linked by Bach groups then I can see them voting for Todd as the most recent known and choice out of the list. 

It's going to be a long couple of months before they announce and I doubt most of the names listed on that poll are in the running anyway - just like most weren't for past seasons.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
sprout
SpoilerAlert
notarose
NancyDrew
Mommyof2