SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

metoo - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by Diana Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:15 pm

I am only 24 and have a kid and she is exhausting (Don't get me wrong I LOVE HER) but I can't imagine having kids in my 40's laugh out loud but I love that some people do make that choice for themselves. IMO. Whatever works for you is awesome.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

metoo - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Aria wrote:I don't think she was saying it's abnormal, like psychologically abnormal. She was just saying that studies show that the chances of getting married, when you have not previously been married, goes significantly down in your mid-30s. That's not her opinion, it's a fact supported by research. It's like anything else in the world - it's a trend, a generalization, it doesn't apply to every single person in the world. No study does. IMO.

Yeah, this. Smiley

ETA:
I literally only brought this up to begin with because it was mentioned that Arie has a better chance of settling down because he is 36 vs. 26. My point was, statistically, the 26 year old actually has better odds of getting married than the 36 year old. Statistically. Which, as they say, statistics have nothing to do with the individual.

My point is he is 36 and the clock is ticking if he wants to have kids.  He doesn't have the luxury of waiting as a 26 year-old man does.  I know this first-hand as both my DH and I are older parents.  There is no turning back time.  Even my DH said to me the other day, I am almost 51 years-old and have a 4 year-old. It bothers him. I am sure this is in the back of Arie's mind as well and it might explain why him and Lauren are full speed ahead regarding planning a wedding.   Jmo.

I still don’t get how Arie’s (potential/maybe/inferred) desire to have kids and worries about fertility negates anything I wrote about statistics. laugh out loud I still think my main point was maybe lost in translation.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:Yes, fertility issues may present themselves as men age (low sperm count or even sperm mutation), however a big factor in being advanced age is trying to keep up with kids. They are exhausting and require so much energy.  So.much.energy.  

My dad had no problems keeping up with me and my friends seem happy, so I guess to each their own decisions. IMO. My dad actually said he was a better parent to me then he older kids, he had learned from his mistakes.

Personally, I don’t think Arie or Lauren will be running around after their children. I see nannies for their kids if it happens. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:33 pm

I think it’s a pretty big jump, regardless, to be talking about Arie and Lauren as if they are actually going to have children together. laugh out loud 

I, personally, will believe it when I see it. 

JMO
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:35 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

Yeah, this. Smiley

ETA:
I literally only brought this up to begin with because it was mentioned that Arie has a better chance of settling down because he is 36 vs. 26. My point was, statistically, the 26 year old actually has better odds of getting married than the 36 year old. Statistically. Which, as they say, statistics have nothing to do with the individual.

My point is he is 36 and the clock is ticking if he wants to have kids.  He doesn't have the luxury of waiting as a 26 year-old man does.  I know this first-hand as both my DH and I are older parents.  There is no turning back time.  Even my DH said to me the other day, I am almost 51 years-old and have a 4 year-old. It bothers him. I am sure this is in the back of Arie's mind as well and it might explain why him and Lauren are full speed ahead regarding planning a wedding.   Jmo.

I still don’t get how Arie’s (potential/maybe/inferred) desire to have kids and worries about fertility negates anything I wrote about statistics. laugh out loud I still think my main point was maybe lost in translation.

I think your point was just because Arie is 36 and not married, there must be a 'reason' and the chances of a man getting married at 36 are considerably less than a man at 26, statistically speaking. My point is there is nothing wrong with being single at 36. Sometimes people wait longer to get married, which seems quite common nowadays. It's quite possible that Arie is 36 and single because he hasn't found a suitable partner yet. Maybe he found that partner in Lauren. Maybe not. Time will tell. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Mommyof2 wrote:

I think your point was just because Arie is 36 and not married, there must be a 'reason' and the chances of a man getting married at 36 are considerably less than a man at 26, statistically speaking.  My point is there is nothing wrong with being single at 36.  Sometimes people wait longer to get married, which seems quite common nowadays. It's quite possible that Arie is 36 and single because he hasn't found a suitable partner yet.  Maybe he found that partner in Lauren.  Maybe not.  Time will tell.  Jmo.

Right. I’ve said as much as well. I never said there was anything wrong with being single at 36, and perhaps Arie will settle down (with Lauren even!) I’ve been wrong before. I admit when I am wrong. For now, I chose to remain skeptical of Arie and don’t see it lasting... but hey! You never know.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:43 pm

Diana wrote:I am only 24 and have a kid and she is exhausting (Don't get me wrong I LOVE HER) but I can't imagine having kids in my 40's laugh out loud but I love that some people do make that choice for themselves. IMO. Whatever works for you is awesome.

Try delivering twins at 48. #whatwasIthinking.

My age did get me out of a speeding ticket, though. My 3 year olds were in the back seat chanting mommy's getting a ticket, when the officer looked at my license, "Oh, wow" and sent me on my way. laugh out loud
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Actress Britt Robertson speaks about meeting Arie. Supports what a reddit poster who allegedly knows someone in production said about him. i.e. He's a douche. Starts at 33 seconds.

Last edited by ReneeM on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
Diana wrote:I am only 24 and have a kid and she is exhausting (Don't get me wrong I LOVE HER) but I can't imagine having kids in my 40's laugh out loud but I love that some people do make that choice for themselves. IMO. Whatever works for you is awesome.

Try delivering twins at 48.  #whatwasIthinking.

My age did get me out of a speeding ticket, though.  My 3 year olds were in the back seat chanting mommy's getting a ticket, when the officer looked at my license, "Oh, wow" and sent me on my way.  laugh out loud

Oh man! Respect to you, mama!! I had twins at 32. Love them, but daaaaaannnnng twins are good birth control against future babies!!! laugh out loud (kidding, hope no one takes offense to that.)
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Bet2Win wrote:

Try delivering twins at 48.  #whatwasIthinking.

My age did get me out of a speeding ticket, though.  My 3 year olds were in the back seat chanting mommy's getting a ticket, when the officer looked at my license, "Oh, wow" and sent me on my way.  laugh out loud

I'm exhausted at almost 44, but seriously, that is impressive! thumbsup :claphands
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 pm

ReneeM wrote:Actress Britt Robertson speaks about meeting Arie. Supports what a reddit poster who allegedly knows someone in production said about him. i.e. He's a douche. Starts at 33 seconds.

Britt cracked me up in her assessment of what a reality TV star's job is and how well she knew the details of everything.

And, I can't stand reality TV stars who have trouble taking pictures with fans or generally being rude to them. Fans are the whole reason you're able to be famous and rich without absolutely any hard work or talent. Just take the freaking picture and be nice about it! IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I’ll be 30 next year without being married and without children yet. My clock is ticking. laugh out loud I am a preschool teacher however, so I have had many children already. Ones I can send home each day. Smiley

To make this post about Arie and Lauren....we will see what happens. I’m just enjoying the ride. They are living it. This life is crazy and so much about life is inexplainable. Everybody only gets one life, so I say go for it even if it doesn’t make sense. That’s why it’s beautiful.

Last edited by sanlee088 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion #2

+68
northernviewer
Newto
blueblues
Zaynab
lovebites8727