SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 13 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

squad - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:57 am

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle! I personally would have responded to DeMario as well! I mean the guy who dated Lexi and was all over Corrine has the nerve to tell say something about her wanting only white men?! I'd be PISSED too. Good for her!

As black woman, I was less than impressed with her options for black men. Josiah was way too cock and extra, Demario - nuff said, Kenny was nice but who are you kidding?, Will whom she had ZERO chemistry with IMO, Anthony who was a snooze. Eric had his issues but he was the best of a bad lot.

Last edited by sfrank on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:17 am; edited 3 times in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

squad - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by FashionLover Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am

bleuberry wrote:I think it ticked her off that he claimed he sat down with the guys and they basically summed up her ending with 3 white guys and an obligatory black man. A lot of people actually said this is how it would go down even before filming ended. I don't think it's a bad thing but maybe it hurts because it actually happened.

I would also be annoyed though in Rachel's position, especially given IMO most of the black men cast for her seem to also prefer white women, except Josiah IMO.

In the end I think she gave the podcasters exactly what they wanted by tagging her so well played, I guess. JMO.

I wonder if this actually happened or he was just spewing non-sense. Peter and Bryan, I believe though they could have called it
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:19 am

I don't know what Demario intentions were, and I absolutely think her fustration is warranted. However as a black Woman who interracially dates she should have known this was coming,and while it is irritating who cares. I'm a firm believer that everything doesn't deserve a response. IMO this is one of those things that did not need a response.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 am

Yes, not everything deserves a response and she has not responded to a lot. IMO this does. Its annoying when people say she should just behave like other Bachelorettes in the past and not respond postshow. THis is different because no other Bachelorette or Bachelor has EVER had to deal with an issue like this before - its on a whole other level. I don't recall on Sean's season people saying they knew he wouldn't pick a white girl?! Suspect

DeMario has a lot of nerve to make a statement like given his history.  The guy is an opportunist. I'd be glad when he can just go away.

If I'm Rachel and know my dating history (her ex is Kevin Durant) I'd be annoyed that the black guy who has gotten caught up in controversy with TWO white women, is out here saying that I didn't want a black man. Per my last note, I don't think TPTB gave her strong options for black men and why the hell should pick a black man just because he's black.  Certainly not him.

Last edited by sfrank on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 am

FashionLover wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I think it ticked her off that he claimed he sat down with the guys and they basically summed up her ending with 3 white guys and an obligatory black man. A lot of people actually said this is how it would go down even before filming ended. I don't think it's a bad thing but maybe it hurts because it actually happened.

I would also be annoyed though in Rachel's position, especially given IMO most of the black men cast for her seem to also prefer white women, except Josiah IMO.

In the end I think she gave the podcasters exactly what they wanted by tagging her so well played, I guess. JMO.

I wonder if this actually happened or he was just spewing non-sense. Peter and Bryan, I believe though they could have called it

@FashionLover I appreciate your insight. I really liked Rachel's guys and thought she had probably the hottest cast ever...and most of them seemed pretty nice to boot. I must admit to a soft spot for Kenny in particular. I love a big softie.

As for that happening, I thought we had a scene...don't know where or when...where the guys were discussing Rachel's choices and that she seemed to be leaning to the white guys, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did actually discuss that. No doubt that seed may have been planted by producers and that got them thinking...and with all the Lee stuff...I could see that it may have been a topic of conversation. Considering we came to the same conclusion while the show was being filmed...and we weren't even there...I have no problem believing they did too.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:32 am

Cocoasneeze wrote:What lead ever gets called out on 'loving white men or women'? This is the first time ever I've hear this about any lead. Rachel's F1 isn't 'white' either. Why does it matter, if Rachel picked a man of other race than hers? Also, where's the proof, that Rachel only loves white men? I actually find this whole subject quite offensive.
I agree
If we have a black male lead in the future, will we hear about it if he chose a white woman? I highly doubt so, IMO. People would mostly be like "how awesome is this interracial couple", so DeMario needs to shut it. I gave DeMario the benefit of doubt when he was on the show, I thought maybe the edit and ambush of Lexi made him look like a fool, but it seems he really is a fool.

The only regret I have of Rachel clapping back in this scenario is that it gives those lame (IMO) pod-casters free publicity and attention/hits. She should have done the proper clapback on her Twitter, instead.

Anyhoo, Bryan is back with her now, so I bet we will see much less of her clapbacks on SM.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:38 am

makeover wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:What lead ever gets called out on 'loving white men or women'? This is the first time ever I've hear this about any lead. Rachel's F1 isn't 'white' either. Why does it matter, if Rachel picked a man of other race than hers? Also, where's the proof, that Rachel only loves white men? I actually find this whole subject quite offensive.
I agree
If we have a black male lead in the future, will we hear about it if he chose a white woman? I highly doubt so, IMO. People would mostly be like "how awesome is this interracial couple", so DeMario needs to shut it. I gave DeMario the benefit of doubt when he was on the show, I thought maybe the edit and ambush of Lexi made him look like a fool, but it seems he really is a fool.

The only regret I have of Rachel clapping back in this scenario is that it gives those lame (IMO) pod-casters free publicity and attention/hits. She should have done the proper clapback on her Twitter, instead.

Anyhoo, Bryan is back with her now, so I bet we will see much less of her clapbacks on SM.

Oh, I don't doubt for a moment that we will. Producers will make sure of it. It doesn't matter who the lead picks, other cast members will be bitching about it. The fact that they picked someone of a different race, only adds another dimension.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:40 am

sfrank wrote:Hello Pot, Meet Kettle! I personally would have responded to DeMario as well! I mean the guy who dated Lexi and was all over Corrine has the nerve to tell say something about her wanting only white men?! I'd be PISSED too. Good for her!

As black woman, I was less than impressed with her options for black men. Josiah was way too cock and extra, Demario - nuff said, Kenny was nice but who are you kidding?, Will whom she had ZERO chemistry with IMO, Anthony who was a snooze. Eric had his issues but he was the best of a bad lot.

In all fairness though IMO, this guys were given one dimensional edits that fit whatever narrative they needed.
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:50 am

@sfrank oh I totally agree I think it's ridiculous that Demario is even speaking about it when he was dating Lexi and we all saw what race she was. My point is while I don't even think what Rachel said was that big of a deal and I actually agree with her sentiments, it's just not worth it. The people who agree with Demario opinions are already made and she's not going to change it no matter how much she screams and hollers it's not true so why waist her time.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 am

makeover wrote:
I agree

ITA. And I'd like to hear these race conversations when the lead is white. There are never any discussions when the F4 are whiter than white. But for Rachel, the guy, like others have mentioned, who has dated or hooked up with only white girls, mentions publicly about Rachel liking white men.
Which Bryan even is not. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 am

I have thought about it all season that most of hate( or dislike) of Rachel and her choice has racial undertones, from some blacks and whites. IMO The first black lead picks a latino guy and all hell break lose. The fact the she did not pick a black guy or an all american white guy is the underlining issue. IMO.Go figure.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  squad - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 13 1f49b  squad - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 13 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:14 am

People have been talking about how white the show is for years. In fact many called this discussion (Rachel's top picks being mostly white) months ago. IMO this is nothing new, and a black Bachelor wouldn't be spared. JMO.

I also disagree that her black choices weren't great. I thought there were several great ones. She just didn't vibe with them or they weren't her type. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by bleuberry on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

squad - Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 13 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh