SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Page 64 of 81 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by jalkire Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am

This shilling conversation is ridiculous to me. I feel like at this point it doesn't matter what Rachel does people are going to have a problem with it. If she were to leave the spotlight the next talking point would be there's trouble in paradise, so I say she should get while the getting is good. IMO

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 64 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

Post by everly Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am

Diana wrote:I'm petty but I want her to do DWTS just for the meltdown Kaitlyn would have laugh out loud

I don't think Kaitlyn will have a meltdown over it. She said either on her Podcast or a recent interview she thinks Rachel will get offered it. I think most of her meltdowns have to do with the men getting offers. She's been supportive of Rachel so I think she'd be happy for her.

everly

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 am

@lleyki I totally agree, people are knocking her about talking about Peter and EVERY question in all her interviews was about him. That ET one was literally 6 out of 8 mins of Peter questions. I think she's doing the best she can! Smiley
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:54 am

Dessler wrote:Looks like Rachel is still going to be working in her firm for the meantime. Her boss said he is excited to meet Bryan and cross-examine him. He noted that she is still with them in Dallas and he hopes that remains the case. I think she has the best boss in the world laugh out loud . Her firm has been incredibly gracious in accommodating her needs. They must really love her!

http://www.texaslawyer.com/id=1202794999730?slreturn=20170709094730

IMO the best thing that Rachel could do for her relationship with Bryan would be to stay in Dallas, at least for a while, in order to get her "head" in the right place.  That is, if she truly loves Bryan and wants to build a life with him.  I believe that it was mentioned a while back that Rachel attends (or attended) church at the Potter's House in Dallas.  If that is true, I would highly recommend that they stay put in Dallas for a while and that she and Bryan seek out Bishop Jakes for some counseling as a couple.  Despite the appearance that everything has been put in the rearview mirror for Rachel, and everything is perfectly okay in her world, it does not appear that way to me.

Honestly, I was slightly embarrassed for Rachel just watching that brutal breakup with Peter, especially since she was not given the courtesy of being able to see it beforehand prior to the airing of the show.  I think that if she had had a little time to process things, she might have been more composed, and she might not have come across so angry and defensive.  And I truly doubt that she remembered things the way that they actually occurred during that breakup with Peter.  So, she was experiencing a lot of different feelings while watching it play out in front of her.  I suspect she felt some anger at herself, at the producers of the show - and at Peter.

Even though I can understand where she was at in that moment - to a certain degree - I still don't understand why this supposedly strong woman (keeping it 100) refused to accept that Peter was showing her exactly WHO HE WAS.  He was not openly affectionate with her, she always had to make the first move, and he showed very little emotion up until the very end.  I do get that it he was the kind of guy that she was usually drawn to, but this is where I again think that counseling would be a good idea for Rachel, maybe individually as well as them as a couple.

At the very least I would hope that they put off any big life decisions until they have had time to decompress and get to know each other better.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:00 am

The couples that shill together seem to stay together the longest and even get married. So shill on and do you Rach and Bryan Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 64 4256136633
JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 am

Dessler wrote:My goodness! How do people expect Rachel to be composed and not be defensive of her relationship when someone like Eric goes ahead and says stuff like this:

http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-eric-bigger-rachel-lindsay-made-wrong-choice-bryan-abasolo/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

If Bryan was truly "your guy", this is just stupid to say out loud. It is okay for other people to give their "honest" opinions but when Rachel does the same to defend herself and relationship she is deemed a mean girl. SMH

I found Eric's statements really interesting. :yes:

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

djogbenyuie wrote:Eric, seriously? You trust an editing more than what you were seeing firsthand during the show?
This is so weird to me.
Anyway....

None of these guys see each other's dates or private time they had with the lead. They mostly see the other guys and maybe base who Rachel's top contenders are on what they say and how Rachel reacts in a group setting. They knew Peter and Rachel were gone a while with the hot tub scene. How could they not see Peter as a top pick after seeing that hot tub scene? It seems that a lot of the guys saw Bryan and Peter as top contenders.Watching it back they have so much more information to base their opinions on. Eric has seemed to be a pretty honest guy and friends with all of them. He has a right to his opinion like all of us.

The same is true for Peter. He knew what he had (or thought he had) with Rachel but he never saw her relationship with Bryan play out. Now he has and thinks they are a good match. He doesn't think Bryan was a re-bound pick. It sounds like Eric does after seeing last night.

Rachel may have known it was Bryan since Geneva but it didn't look like it to me. I think she loved him more than she is willing to admit and was conflicted until the end. If her intent was to break up with Peter that last night she could have done it cleanly and quickly but she didn't. Was it a game just to get him to agree to a proposal just to turn him down? I think the break up was raw and emotional and neither one was acting. But she has to downplay her feelings for Peter bc it validates more the significance of her relationship with Bryan. JMO.

I agree with Peter, Rachel and Bryan are a good match. But I still saw a love story with Peter. JMO.

Last edited by Rolly on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am

Speaking of shilling - L&T event is hoping looks like a lot of people from her IG story! This woman brought her dog! laugh out loud

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 64 Img_1316
Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 64 Img_1314
Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14 - Page 64 Img_1315
[url=https://servimg.com/view/18336164/193]

Source: Rachel IG
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 am

Murakamee wrote:The following is JMO and while I know it may come off as internalizing, I feel this season was a tad bit, personal:

In some ways this whole season is very frustrating. The franchise set Rachel up for failure. From her makeup to hair to her selection of suitors. I've come to accept that it's their Modus Operandi to build their next leads up and tear them down. They take the most vulnerable aspects of the person and uses it against them. With Rachel they had a wealth of societal baggage and personal insecurities to poke and prod. And I get that, they're making a television show. In the end, TPTB were the real winners. They got people talking, again. Made tons of money, and their franchise has survived and thrived. Charges of racial bias in their casting officially dismissed. As unsavory as that is to write, it's true.

Though the shenanigans seem par for the course with them, this time it felt almost personal. Their answer to Sarah Gertrude Shapiro's outing of them and the practices they engage in behind the scenes. I found so many parallels to UnReal this season. It was stark! No even clandestine. Almost like a parody of itself. So, yes, they gave us this woman of color, but they weren't going to make it a fairytale they know their audience prefers. Almost like an F U to those of us that were calling for more diversity. Instead of it being about Tianna finding her Prince Naveen. It's Prince Naveen finding out that Tianna is not for him, and therefore off to his next adventure to find THE ONE.

If this were a documentary on a marriage minded woman finding love among 30 eligible Bachelors, Peter and several others would have never been cast. But this is The Bachelorette and they were cast. With the intention to wrought the damage they have and humiliate the lead. Good job, I guess.  

I'm just so exhausted by it all. It wasn't entertaining and far from romantic. The majority fan reaction, the cast, the whole vibe of this season felt off.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with this comment. My intentions were not to, just having a brain purge.

@Murakamee, I totally understand where your frustration is coming from and I can't say that I disagree with any of it. But the truth is that many of us saw this happening right when Rachel was announced. TPTB are not your friends - It doesn't matter who you are, you are still just a number on the spreadsheet for them IMO. I remember writing posts here that Rachel needs to binge-watch UnReal pronto. I think the fans expected her to be treated differently coz of this being the first black 'ette season but TPTB have always shown that they can go lower than your imagination IMO.

This show is never going to be the fairytale, romantic love story no matter who the lead is. I don't think it was about Rachel anymore than it was about the 11 leads prior to her. In the end, they treated her journey the same way they have treated all the others before her - ratings before people. Rachel is happy and that is all that matters at the end of it. I am sorry if I am stepping my bounds by saying this but please don't take it personally. Don't let TPTB and their shenanigans occupy that space in your mind. They are just not worth it IMO. bestbud!

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:18 am

TBTB IMO is not to blame for what went down at the AFTR which caused the SM uproar to escalate IMO.....at some point cast members need to start taking responsibilities for their actions. If one does not give TPTB material they can't use it. I may be in the minority but other than Lee appearing on the show, nothing else was outta the norm this Bette season for me. We have had an ex show up on other seasons before a la Ali and Des. We have had a lead cry over someone that left the show before a la Ashley, Ali and Des. TPTB are not the most creative IMO so different season, same stuff....all jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:24 am

@lleyki Nice post! ITA
@Coolangel I was going to like your post and then realized I already did. cantstopl

Last edited by Kashathediva on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:25 am

I am sorry but I don't think Rachel and Bryan should stay in Dallas, they will be better off staying Miami at this point IMO. Since the finale, none of her family member(sister, cousin, auntie) have posted, liked anything indicating that they are happy for her and Bryan. Only her bffs outside of the show have shown support. On other hand Bryan's friends and family have openly shown their excitement/happiness on their SM, left comments like "welcome to the family", "we can't wait to meet you", "we love you" on her posts e.t.c. I hope to see changes with Rachel's family after the engagement party in dallas.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 81 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #14

+88
Longhornfan
everly
George1218
summerdayze
pbmax
quietpal
umngirl
julychild
Rolly
mercieme
BlackHalo