SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 10:25 am

This was cute
https://twitter.com/warnerbrostv/status/866692998276325376

Carine

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 67 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Dessler wrote:Rachel has thanked Nick for everything he did for her and spoken highly of him more than once.She does not have to thank him every single time his name comes up because his season is over and it is about her and her love story IMO.  I don't think she was in anyway being malicious and it was obviously a silly banter that she had going on with Kelly. JMO

This silly banter is starting to form a pattern. It is this kind of sniping disguised as humour that make me question her. IMO it is passive aggressive and not something she should be doing considering how happy she is....first to be the Bette and now happily engaged....because Nick didn't pick her. There are a lot of positives about Rachel, but the negatives are becoming consistent. It is a form of pettiness that I don't appreciate coming from anyone. I understand that she is a fan favourite and lots of people are on the Rachel love train, but this is why I can't hop on. It will be interesting to see how she handles the negativity when it comes at her not only from crazy fans, but also when she is not edited as glowingly as she has been up to this point.

Last edited by Sprite on Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Mon May 22, 2017 10:33 am

ReneeM wrote:That RS article just reminded me that he still hasn't posted his episode by episode spoilers yet.

I think he'll post them tomorrow! well hopefully haha.

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 am

@Sprite You said it better than me. That's exactly how I feel and why I keep seeing MeAndi in her.

I don't appreciate it either, I have no patience for people being rude to others I don't care if it's my family friends or a stranger.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 10:34 am

Another interview with Rachel,
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/article/19435659/qa-rachel-lindsay-first-african-american-bachelorette

This part was interesting, as there were a few discussions about her maybe doing something sports related.
espnW: How did you go from such an intense sports focus in your career to the job that you do now?

RL: Honestly, it's very hard to find a job in sports. At the level that I had gone, getting a law degree, everyone assumed that I wanted to be an agent, and I did not want to be a sports agent. The number of jobs, especially in management, are so few and far between and the firms that have sports law were hard to get into, so I figured I would perfect my craft and learn the law in other areas as well as I could. That led me to being a trial attorney and doing litigation.

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Mon May 22, 2017 10:35 am

relaxing wrote:IMO every contestant who didn't have a love story, ended up lead, gets a well paying gig and gets their own love story on their terms has moved on to "better things".  It's just stating the obvious IMO.  I feel like most leads casually say that. JMO.

I personally have seen such a grateful and thrilled and classy Ette from the start.  No bitterness just happiness in the here and now with no interest in looking back and happy to move on.  JMO.

Go Rachel! Stay on your cloud nine . You deserve it.  JMO.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 10:39 am

Carine wrote:Another interview with Rachel,
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/article/19435659/qa-rachel-lindsay-first-african-american-bachelorette

This part was interesting, as there were a few discussions about her maybe doing something sports related.
espnW: How did you go from such an intense sports focus in your career to the job that you do now?

RL: Honestly, it's very hard to find a job in sports. At the level that I had gone, getting a law degree, everyone assumed that I wanted to be an agent, and I did not want to be a sports agent. The number of jobs, especially in management, are so few and far between and the firms that have sports law were hard to get into, so I figured I would perfect my craft and learn the law in other areas as well as I could. That led me to being a trial attorney and doing litigation.

Great interview

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 am

We need to remind members, especially new members to read the rules. We will not tolerate snark towards members.

We are all entitled to our opinions. You may not agree with an opinion, which is fine, however when responding it must be within the rules. There is no reason to include comments directed to the poster themselves.

We have spent a lot time this morning, simply deleting posts and sending pm's. Going forward, there won't be any warnings.

If you find it necessary to trash a member's opinions, this isn't the forum for you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 22, 2017 10:41 am

@Jmack Do you know how to read PM's? I suggest you do that now.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Mon May 22, 2017 10:42 am

Lara wrote:Until Rachel posts a picture with Nick and an orange emoji or something else mocking his looks, I don't think the two even compare when it comes to being petty and mean, IMO. Not to mention that Nick said "I'm grateful Andi didn't pick me and I'm *really* grateful Kaitlyn didn't pick me" on Ryan Seacrest, with everyone laughing in response. That was shade, IMO, but I didn't have a problem with it because he was being honest. Rachel was just responding to Kelly with some playful banter and, honestly, there's no reason for her to lie and pretend to wallowing over nick or be forced to be grateful to Nick. She's shown gratitude towards the producers and showrunners, who are the ones that deserve it. All, IMO.

IMO The difference is that Andi and Kaitlyn didn't treat Nick well either whereas Nick has always supported Rachel and had only nice things to say about her. Andi said in her book that she took Nick on her HTD first to set the expectations low, mocked his living arrangements too but I have no problem with her statements since Nick said something too which made things difficult for her. Kaitlyn mocked him repeatedly on her press tour while being happily engaged so I have no problems with Nick throwing shade at her.

I can't find one instance where Nick has been less than complimentary towards Rachel. So what's the need to shade him? Then again, her squad has been shading him all season long. So why wouldn't she IMO. I do think the company one keeps says a lot about someone.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 am

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 67 3806527698 Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 67 3806527698

Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 am

The Andi comparisons are always confusing to me, IMO, because when you think back to what Raven said - about how Rachel was such a pleasant surprise because they were so used to women competing with each other whereas Rachel saw the beauty in each of them and saw things in each of them that other people hadn't - it's like she couldn't be more different. Andi thought she was better than everyone else, IMO, whereas, I don't feel that Rachel thinks of herself as being superior. She just truly sees the value in everyone, including herself! She knows that she's a catch and I think that's pretty amazing, considering what society and media tells black women about their worth.

I like that she doesn't mince her words and that she doesn't worry so much about what people think. That's what I used to like about Nick - he often came off rude, IMO but I appreciated he wasn't being a politician who was trying to please everyone and was actually telling us how he felt. Rachel's allowed to think she got an upgrade and she's allowed to be happy nick didn't pick her, just like nick was allowed to be happy Andi and Kaitlyn didn't pick him. IMO.

Last edited by Lara on Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1