SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 73 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 73 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

As far I understand, Peter said in some interview, that he hasn't been asked, but he's also been liking ig or Twitter comments, how genuine he is for turning TPBP offer down. So IMHO he's talking from the both ends, and will stick with whatever fits the narrative in the end. If he gets the role, he wasn't asked, and then suddenly he got the call, and he thought about it hard and took the leap of faith. If someone else gets the role, he'll keep on liking posts about turning TPBP offer down. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion  - Page 73 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Chgohighlife Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Aria wrote:
Amethyst wrote:Assuming that Peter is either genuinely reluctant, and therefore hard to get, or is playing hard to get as a negotiating tool, a better example might be Emily Maynard whom the producers had to chase hard.

Yeah, I agree. It's not really an analogous situation with Chris, Ben, and Luke. Of the rumored people that turned it down - Roberto, Chris L, Chantal, and Reid - I don't think we ever got a quote saying straight up "I turned it down" or "they asked me, I'm probably not going to do it" (Roberto alluded to it on social media, much like Peter,  and Chris L talked about it later).

I think at this point, people are going to believe what they want to believe and I don't think anyone will be convinced otherwise! I do personally think that Peter was asked and was their first choice. If he wasn't, I think this season would have been edited differently, the US article wouldn't have been all about Peter's heartbreak, and they wouldn't have sent their only other Bachelor potential to BIP. I also don't think that Fleiss would be going after Peter like this on Twitter and on People, since he's never done that with other contestants who were non-factors and weren't ever considered for the gig. He's been petty and bitter, which IMO, is a sure sign he's pissed because he thought Peter was a sure thing and now he's forced to scramble. And, who can blame him? He might have to make Dean or Wells the next Bachelor and try to convince America that they're catches and ready for marriage!!  Toughest sell since Ben F. Poor guy, IMO.

I know what it means to be a huge fan of someone else but, Dean Unglert is no hard sell for TPTB, AT ALL, IMO. If SM is any indication, Dean is much more popular than Peter and that is without the F2 status and the additional opportunistic heart-wrenching scenes. JMO Dean is The Man because of his perfect smile, his "physical total package", his amazing hair, his other-worldly beauty, clear blue eyes and his lost and motherless boy of colorful dad backstory. With the right edit, Batchelor Nation stands ready to eat him afreakin'live. AND he has already extracted himself from the PeterSpoon and said he wants to do it plus, we know he will propose. What happens after that is anyone's guess no matter who the TB is. Given the track record of the TB offering of the franchise - the likelihood of a stable marriage as the result is a total non-factor, clearly.

The number of women who would stand in line for the chance to be a contestant on Dean's season and become his soft place to land would reach from coast to coast, IMO. Peter is a lovely man but, for me Dean is more interesting, better educated, more exposed, universally appealing and he is DEAN!!! In addition, the franchise has evidence that they could count on him to comply with their wishes and not try to bend their show to his will. (Read: HTD, BIP, sign me up) JMO

Now, Wells would be a bit more design and decorate but, he is loveable, smart, a quick wit and handsome and the TB treatment would enhance him to just-right status, IMO. TPTB knows that, it's why he's the "bartender", IMO.

Honestly, I'd prefer to be spared another season of Ben. He picked Lauren, it didn't work. Done and Done.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Don't know if I would watch Dean.  I'd try, just for laughs, but I can't understand most of what he says, and he doesn't move his lips so I can't lip read.  He seems to giggle more than talk.  Unless there were some real crazies for entertainment, I think the season would get old (for me) very fast.  

Snarking about Peter would be my fun in his season.

Wells would be entertaining, though I doubt he's "ready for marriage."  But that doesn't seem to matter to TPTB.

It's not too late for Arie!

Last edited by beader on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:23 pm

@Chgohighlife He definitely has the popularity, which is probably why he'll get it. But convincing us that he's ready for marriage? After his whole Kristina/DLo mess (that's still going on)? After he proudly tells the world that he doesn't use soap or shampoo? After his embarrasing social media games? Who can't have a conversation without giggling or crying? I know they can do it (see: Ben F, Jesse, etc), but my god. That would be a trainwreck of epic proportions. Wells, King of drunken Snapchats, would only be slightly better. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Dean is a cute fun guy, who is enjoying the attention from girls ages 16+ , but imo he is in no way ready for anything close to an engagement at all. It would be laughable for ABC to attempt to make fans believe that. Ben H. was the same age, even though he sort of seemed mature it was slightly believable. Dean playing 2 girls on BIP ... he's an Eff-boy, jerk etc. jmo. Doesn't make him a bad guy, just needs to sow his oats for a while.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm

I am not opposed to a Dean season, if it's gonna be train-wrecky fun. And especially if past contestants like Kristina, DLo or Ashley I shows up to stir the pot. :stirthepot #hereforthewrongreasons

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 pm

I love a good trainwreck, but I'm already sick of Dean on BIP and it's been one week.

And, h*ll to the no for Ashley I making an appearance. That might just be enough to make me quit this crazy show for good.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:36 pm

@Aria What does he use instead of soap and shampoo, if I may ask? Curious minds want to know.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

I feel you but it's obvious how thirsty Ashley is for Dean though. laugh out loud I am amused by it all

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@Aria What does he use instead of soap and shampoo, if I may ask? Curious minds want to know.

Just good old water! He does use deodorant and hand soap, thank god.

Ugh, I know that the no poo and no soap is the trend right now with hipsters, but it's all just so gross to me.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Ashey I is thirsty for every guy who doesn't like her...laugh out loud. I have a feeling Dean is going to keep digging his hole deeper as BIP goes on. Just water? That's kind of gross, water doesn't kill germs.

Anyways I hope the Bachelor is Eric still. But I wouldn't be opposed to a surprise pick!

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Part of me gets the no soap thing for the body. My skin is sensitive and I used to be in agony after showers with Ivory soap. A family member turned me on to Aveeno and eventually I switched to Dove soap, which I still use. Many dermatologists think we wash our bodies too much, anyway. Plus, people with very dry skin often use oil or cream to clean their skin instead of soap. And the rubbing and friction that happens with a washcloth does do most of the work.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 79 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion

+112
NCGalBecca
Imp
whit90
aviej
harts05