SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 34 of 77 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 55 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Newto Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:52 am

BKay wrote:It makes me sad to say this, but DWTS is sucking pond scum right now. What the heck is going on with them? Maybe after they weed out the truly bad, it will right itself which does seem to be the early-on trend recently. imo. 

I snipped your post, BKay to address your point. I have been saying for a long time that the selection of "stars" each season has been slipping lower and lower towards the bottom of the barrel. Having a bach/ette on the show is nothing more than an attempt to draw/keep a reasonable TV audience. Frankly, I usually don't watch until the chaff has been eliminated, and we get to see the better dancers progress. As for Nick, he will be kept on the show, Len Goodman notwithstanding, for as long as the producers want him there. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by gurlbrit Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 am

Honestly, I cannot believe how many ringers there are this season, is it just me? I haven't watched for a long while, but it seems just rigged. Len has always been a "d*ck". I used to watch him on Strictly Come Dancing in the UK. Honestly I think he was spot on for some of the dancers tonight.

Nick looked wooden and he seemed to have flat feet at one point during the Foxtrot. This is the second week Peta has been told to cut back on the content and get Nick working on the basic steps and getting comfortable with them. I think if she doesn't cut back on the difficulty he's going to be gone in a few weeks no matter how many fans he has.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3842

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:47 am

I'm in the minority but I don't mind a few ringers. I couldn't watch the show if it were only non dancers tbh laugh out loud. I do prefer people who are just more likely to do well (gymnasts etc) vs professionally trained dancers.

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:51 am

bleuberry wrote:I'm in the minority but I don't mind a few ringers. I couldn't watch the show if it were only non dancers tbh laugh out loud.

ITA. An entire season of Mr. Ts and Chris Kattans where someone like Nick Viall is the best they have to offer? That makes an already almost unwatchable show practically unbearable to me. DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 3806527698

Heather Morris does take ringer to a new level though. That's stretching it. She's literally a trained dancer, professionally. I don't care if she's not trained in ballroom. Neither is Alison Holker (she's a trained modern dancer), but she's good enough at ballroom that she's one of the show's Pros for goodness sake!! I don't mind someone like Nancy Kerrigan or Simone Biles, who are not dancers but will obviously pick it up easily.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:05 am

I agree @sosleepy I was actually editing to say that re: Heather when you quoted. It's not as fun to watch someone who's been dancing most of their life. JMO.

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am

Heather Morris is the ringiest ringer that ever rung on the show but I still like her. Lol #Gleek

I sometimes forget she is married and has two kids.

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 87b72b10 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 86669110 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 am

Charro needs to go and the sooner the better, she's a total loon. Thought Mr T was better but still doesn't move enough, didn't know he had cancer. Chris K was probably relieved to be sent home, he got what he came for by getting his name back out there. Nick was better last week in my opinion but has wiggle room with worse dancers that should go before him. Heather & Simone, sorry but I could care less about seeing either one dance. Normani on the other hand I like, go figure, must be cause I like Val's choreography so much. Loved Rashadd, Baseball player who is so engaging, & Bonner who's a hunk.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:30 pm

I like Normani. Unlike Heather and Simone, she didn't grow up performing/training even though she dances in 5H.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:40 pm

I agree that the show would be boring to watch if it was only non-dancers but even when it comes to ringers, they can cast celebrities who don't have it in the bag night 1 to make it to the semifinals. Dancers like Normani, Heather and maybe even Simone have everything in their favor - performance experience, age, energy level, fanbase and they are in great shape to tackle the challenges most people face on DWTS.

Even though Alfonso is considered by some to be one of the greatest ringers of all time, I feel he still had his own challenges to overcome to get to that MBT and which is why most DWTS fans don't complain about him winning. As long as they even the playing field, I have no problem with ringers. But I find it hard to root for Normani or Heather to win no matter how good they are.

Rashad is the one I am rooting for as and when Nick gets eliminated. I want to see a male celebrity take it away this year in a lineup stacked with female ringers. yes

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:41 pm

umngirl wrote:Heather Morris is the ringiest ringer that ever rung on the show but I still like her. Lol #Gleek

I sometimes forget she is married and has two kids.

Ditto.! :yes:

I actually switched over to The Voice when all the "bad dancers" were up, will go back and watch later.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 1f49c

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 8367-910 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 I_got_13 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 34 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:45 pm

Actually, I would watch the show if the field were somewhat even and they were all amateur dancers. It's because of the uneven playing field and the way voting is conducted(plus the horrible judging)that I gave it up. I can't remember the season I tried to watch, but watching a few episodes did me in.
I used to love watching Denny Terrio's Dance Fever in the 80's.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:34 pm

What I like about Len is that he wants to see the elements of the dance in the choreography.  That is what the basis of this show was in the beginning.  Len is an expert in ballroom dance and knows what he is talking about.

The other 2 yahoo judges that have been there from the beginning are not from the ballroom world of dancing.  They come from a performance side of dancing and have never competed professionally as ballroom dancers.  IMO, both of them are there to ogle the men...

I prefer the "old school" DWTS... the beginning seasons where it was about the dance and not the performance.  There was some awesome choreography in those seasons by professional ball room dancers.

Once Nick is gone, I'm done with the show this season.  Might be time for me to take a few seasons off again.  Did it once before... should have never come back. I don't enjoy it anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 77 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 55 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 24 - Episodes - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+67
Mgrissom
chrissy1295
Stacia620
Zaynab
nutty1