SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 62 of 72 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67 ... 72  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

sydneyfashion - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Just Looking Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:16 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Here's what I know:
Georgia's mom is dying.
Georgia has received a ton of backlash given the show ending.

Because of this, I would think that any sane or empathetic person that knows Georgia or a therapist would advise Georgia to focus on the positive only as much possible at this time.

That's exactly what she should be doing and what I would tell her to do and just focus on the positive as much as one can.

There's a TV show and then there's real life.

Georgia is the one suffering the most at this time and my prayers and thoughts are with her.

I couldn't imagine the pain she is going through.
Another spot on post AllAboutLove

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

sydneyfashion - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 62 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:18 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Here's what I know:
Georgia's mom is dying.
Georgia has received a ton of backlash given the show ending.

Because of this, I would think that any sane or empathetic person that knows Georgia or a therapist would advise Georgia to focus on the positive only as much possible at this time.

That's exactly what she should be doing and what I would tell her to do and just focus on the positive as much as one can.

There's a TV show and then there's real life.

Georgia is the one suffering the most at this time and my prayers and thoughts are with her.

I couldn't imagine the pain she is going through.

I hope Georgia can rise above the comments - she doesn't need the negativity. I partly blame the shows producers/editors for this though. Focusing on "shock factor", rather than a true love story has to end IMO.

A close relative of mine passed from brain cancer last year. I totally get what Georgia is going through (as I am sure do many people on this forum). I wish the people on social media could back off, but unfortunately that is something completely out of our control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Seabear wrote:Many many many F1's say it helpful NOT to watch any other portions than their own. It is a weird circumstance for the participants for sure. Many relationships have been affected by watching the entire series play out by the F1's and the Lead....who is now their love partner. Most stop watching fairly early on.

I think Lee is focused on Georgia in the present...and being fully supportive of what she is dealing with now. Based on the health of GL's Mom....these are not normal times....and should not be a normal press tour.

I think Matty will be fine....like the majority of F2's before him. More good will come from his time on the Bachelorette and he now knows the qualities he wants in finding his future HEA. Good times are ahead for MattyJ....IMO.

I sincerely wish Georgia and Lee a life of love, laughter and happiness. And in times of sadness like they are confronting now....I hope they can always be a safe haven of support for each other.

IMO Georgia, Lee and Matty are all kind hearted, lovely people......and I wish them all the best.
all JMO

Great post - you have summed it up beautifully.

I haven't watched that many seasons of the Bachelor/Ette so I wasn't aware that previous F1 relationships have been impacted negatively by watching the other relationships on TV. I can totally understand now why Lee and Georgia may not want to view the entire finale.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:25 pm

It's totally on the producers, imo. This is the format of the show. It always has been. If Lee was F2 I would still be of the same opinion regarding the situation with Georgia especially given the heartbreak she is facing.

What saddens me most is that at a time when Georgia and Lee would be celebrating they are going through one of the darkest and trying times of their relationship and the media and SM have only chosen to make that more difficult.

Georgia and Lee are facing media and SM backlash because of what? Falling in love? Being the "winner" even when edited to not be (if going by how SM reacted)?

IMO, there are no winners here when it comes to the loss of life that Georgia is facing with her mom - just a lot of pain and heartache.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:32 am

IN_denial's post : It's interesting - I have also seen a few negative comments about Matty since the show ended. Mainly that he is a player...however, I have also seen/heard this about Lee (and unfortunately, my own sister that lives in Melbourne confirms the "player" talk - it really is a small "town" laugh out loud). There is also negativity about Georgia and her "man-eating" ways What does this suggest? That none of us (I'm assuming!) know what these people are like in "real life".

If someone is single, then it's ok to be a "player" (playing the field so to speak). IMO, it's what happens when you're in a relationship and hopefully if Georgia and Lee are each other's one, then there won't be any reason to play.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:33 am

Also someone who is very social and single can be perceived as a "player"

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:41 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I think it is actually very respectful to NOT watch the parts that are not theirs. It's not their shared past and they are the one's in relationship currently.

I don't get the media negativity at all directed at Georgia and Lee given they found their soulmates in one another and think it is extremely cruel and unkind given that Georgia's mother is dying that the media keeps trying to play up drama but I guess that's what gets clicks.

It honestly just sickens me how the media drives the narrative for drama and negativity. Georgia is facing the hardest time of her life and Lee is there for her and that's all that should matter, imo, at the end of the day for their real lives since it's not entertainment but their real lives.

And that's what I sense from Lee, that he wants to be there for Georgia just like he said and how he was willing to face the consequences just to be there for her especially in her most trying time and that's exactly what he should be doing, imo!

clapping! I could not agree more
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:48 am

in_denial wrote:

I hope Georgia can rise above the comments - she doesn't need the negativity. I partly blame the shows producers/editors for this though. Focusing on "shock factor", rather than a true love story has to end IMO.

I completely agree @in_denial.  The format of the show dictates that there will always be a winner/loser, but misleading editing, omitting scenes because they would make the winner 'too obvious', and playing up the relationship with F2 just so their demise is all the more brutal in the finale does no one any favours - least of all the Lead and F1.  It's almost inviting backlash.

Sam Frost makes some interesting observations about the difference in ratings and audience reaction to her season as opposed to Georgia's (& Richie's) in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3881254/Is-production-change-reason-Bachelorette-s-decline.html.  Time for a production re-think before low ratings drive the show off our screens forever IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:43 am

reason wrote:I  remember how hearing or reading did to Brad/Emily relationship sometimes it is best to not know.  So I can sympathize with lee, especially like right this minute, with a life on its dimming ebb.

Yes, Emily the f1 said she was convinced that she was not f1 by watching the wonderful edit given to the f2.

Just goes to show how well the editors do in hiding the real relationship.

It's wise for the f1 not to watch the whole show. I believe other f1s have done the same on the US season. I think iirc Jordan Rodgers recently said he did that also.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:46 am

hmmm Imo production or as we call them in the US...TPTB are 100% responsible for creating the SM backlash because the vast majority of the viewers take what they see on TV as the truth. The only reality of what they see is what production chooses to show them via the edit and storyline they choose to present. A perfect example in this season to me was after the first 1 on 1 with Georgia and Lee...where IMO it was obvious that they had an incredible connection and loads in common....TPTB chose to hide Lee...create doubt and even cut out most of the second 1 on 1 including the "Notebook" portion. Splice and Dice. Even though Georgia clearly lit up around Lee....production chose to hide that and focus on Matty.
TPTB made Matty the narrator...chose to not show the negative reaction from night one meet and greet....even though post show Matty verified that he was glad he was not cut night one. The story became the "slow burn"....even though on nearly every date between Georgia and Matty....Georgia questioned whether she had more than the fun friendly spark to be able to grow to love on her part.
IMO production in the US and now apparently in Australia...makes a conscious choice to play up the F2 storyline with the edit to create drama and a backing for the F2.....while downplaying the F1 and the Lead. What happens is SM freaks out and many many people are rude to the final couple....and up in arms at the outrage of the F1 choice.
IMO people who are mad at the choice...fail to remember that the Lead knows the cast better and unedited and chooses the person that they want. It is after all their life.....so the choice should be theirs and theirs alone.

IMO Matty has been playing up his heartache in this press tour....at the expense of having any sensitivity of the additional fire and ire his comments heap on Georgia at what is definitely the most difficult and emotionally fragile time of her life.
When I contrast Lee's comments and support for Georgia and her Mom and Matty's all about his poor me heartbreak....It totally validates that Georgia choose the better...and best man for herself. The man who would be what her Mom and Dad wished for her. The man who would put her before himself. And that man is Lee.

Prayers and warm feelings to Georgia, her Mom, Dad, Lee and her Sister. God bless them all. sydneyfashion - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 62 1f64f  

all JMO....educated from watching far to many seasons....including every single one in the USA. And living in the epicenter where most of this US crap is produced. hmmm
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:59 am

Seabear wrote:hmmm Imo production or as we call them in the US...TPTB are 100% responsible for creating the SM backlash because the vast majority of the viewers take what they see on TV as the truth. The only reality of what they see is what production chooses to show them via the edit and storyline they choose to present. A perfect example in this season to me was after the first 1 on 1 with Georgia and Lee...where IMO it was obvious that they had an incredible connection and loads in common....TPTB chose to hide Lee...create doubt and even cut out most of the second 1 on 1 including the "Notebook" portion. Splice and Dice. Even though Georgia clearly lit up around Lee....production chose to hide that and focus on Matty.

TPTB made Matty the narrator...chose to not show the negative reaction from night one meet and greet....even though post show Matty verified that he was glad he was not cut night one. The story became the "slow burn"....even though on nearly every date between Georgia and Matty....Georgia questioned whether she had more than the fun friendly spark to be able to grow to love on her part.

IMO production in the US and now apparently in Australia...makes a conscious choice to play up the F2 storyline with the edit to create drama and a backing for the F2.....while downplaying the F1 and the Lead. What happens is SM freaks out and many many people are rude to the final couple....and up in arms at the outrage of the F1 choice.

IMO people who are mad at the choice...fail to remember that the Lead knows the cast better and unedited and chooses the person that they want. It is after all their life.....so the choice should be theirs and theirs alone.

IMO Matty has been playing up his heartache in this press tour....at the expense of having any sensitivity of the additional fire and ire his comments heap on Georgia at what is definitely the most difficult and emotionally fragile time of her life.

When I contrast Lee's comments and support for Georgia and her Mom and Matty's all about his poor me heartbreak....It totally validates that Georgia chose the better...and best man for herself. The man who would be what her Mom and Dad wished for her. The man who would put her before himself. And that man is Lee.

Prayers and warm feelings to Georgia, her Mom, Dad, Lee and her Sister. God bless them all. sydneyfashion - Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 62 1f64f  

all JMO....educated from watching far to many seasons....including every single one in the USA. And living in the epicenter where most of this US crap is produced. hmmm
Thank you for this post. I agree 100% with it! The AU show is now produced by the US show (first time this year for Richie and Georgia's seasons) so it is no surprise that the cost of the lead/F1 love story is sacrificed for drama.

Regarding the bolded: that is exactly my problem with Matty at the moment. He is basking in the glow of SM support and backlash at the expense of Georgia. That's not someone who loved/loves Georgia - not even in the sense of friendship. 

To me, it is completely insensitive and callous of Matty given the circumstances, and yes, these circumstances are different. This is not the same old same old from other seasons. Never before has a lead been hit with such backlash while going through such a personal tragedy as her mother dying from cancer and yet instead of Matty taking the kind and compassionate road, Matty on The Project was like "Everyone loves me except Georgia". Excuse me? Her mother is dying! So selfish and rude of him, imo.

Honestly it really upsets me at how Matty has been and how the media and TPTB have been. All I know is thank God that Georgia chose the man who puts her first which is Lee.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsT Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:23 am

The good news is on their individual sm (Georgia and Lee), there is a lot more positive comments than negative.

I think what is working against them, other than the editing, is the fact that Georgia and Lee are not doing the usual media and being visible, for obvious reasons. so Matty is still very visible and his heartbreak is being replayed constantly.

I believe both G & L are dealing with real life issues and have a better perspective of what is important.
mrsT
mrsT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 72 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 67 ... 72  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Georgia Love - Season 2 - SM Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+52
Al
ssin0547
Valancy
bellehuntley
mrsT
LoveDovez
Ihavecourage
anadimi23
lightredemption
porcelainpony
Sunnyandhappy