SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Look at Lauren's reaction at the beginning:

http://www.etonline.com/media/video/exclusive_ben_higgins_and_jojo_fletcher_on_their_awkward_double_date_with_new_fiances-199791/

That's what people refer to as a "strain smile." If talking about THAT situation still makes her look squirmish, then...eh probs not best to talk about in on the show. But hey, they have no choice in that, cause the show is on deck!

Last edited by Lennoxcolinrolland on Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

Post by Alanna Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:16 pm

If this is really all real and not for tv, are her best friends The Duh, The Twins, and Ashley I? laugh out loud "show me your friends and I'll show you who you are." Imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Imo it's no less real for them even if they're filmed (the parties). Their wedding will be filmed, it doesn't make it any less real for them. Imo most of the things on the show are stuff they'd do anyways, they just Have cameras around. A silly staged backstage argument won't change my opinion on that. Imo.
Of course not. But the show still set the whole shabang up. Along with all the other events they're doing this season. And who is going on them. Unfortunately for most of us, the twins and Ashley I.. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Alanna wrote:If this is really all real and not for tv, are her best friends The Duh, The Twins, and Ashley I? laugh out loud "show me your friends and I'll show you who you are." Imo.
IMO, it's more for the show. A couple of Lauren's friend pre bachelor came plus Mollie. A few of Ben's non bachelor friends are there but Lauren's ex roomie Whitney isn't nor are Lauren's brothers To just name a few missing people. With how family oriented they are, I could see the parents being a part of the unfilmed parties as well.

It's a tv show and the producers are smart. They're gonna promote the bachelor alum appearances instead of showcasing relationships and people unknown to the public.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Well I suspect they'll have proper separate private parties before the actual wedding. The wedding itself can only happen once though obviously, filmed or not. Unless you're Marcus and Lacy of course, but they started with the fake wedding and never got to the real one. laugh out loud
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:39 pm

It is funny how Ashley I is friends with everyone on this show and always invited with this franchise to show her face laugh out loud . I don't remember Ashley I even close to Ben or Lauren . The heck she is there again with them and be on their show laugh out loud . Anyway the fact that this show is full of bip alumni appearances , it is hard to take it seriously laugh out loud . Yeah they might show how's their post life , their struggles as a couple etc etc but still this is not all about them instead it's another show of fleiss to capitalize Ben and Lauren popularity and of course after this a tv wedding on the way but fleiss won't let this show without adding stupid dramas aside from being scripted . Fleiss should stop bringing up the I love you drama with these two and ask them to act about it ,just to make people anticipate their episodes . Again what do you expect with mike fleiss ? laugh out loud. IMO.

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 Eb97c9
Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 9zt107Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 XgicucBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 Oaw2uvBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 2pqw5k8Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 30szzauBen Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:49 pm

Personally Lauren has every right to be uncomfortable and awkward on a double date with Jojo who Ben professed his love to, especially "if" Ben slept with her in the FS. But what do I know this is the incestuous bachelor nation world where all exes hang out.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 1f49b  Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:59 pm

mysthelma wrote:Personally Lauren has every right to be uncomfortable and awkward on a double date with Jojo who Ben professed his love to, especially "if" Ben slept with her in the FS. But what do I know this is the incestuous bachelor nation world where all exes hang out.
I agree, which is why I suspect it can't be all that "healthy" to constantly have to hash out 11-7 months later IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:08 pm

We really don't know how Ben and Lauren feel about all the extras on their show. They could be embracing it because it takes some of the spotlight off of them when controversial alums show up. Ben is WAY more comfortable on camera than Lauren IMO. If I was doing a reality show, and the producers wanted to bring in extra people and plan fun activities for all of us to do I would so be on board, especially with that paycheck. BenLo didn't seek this out, so I can't help but think they are nothing but smart to take this opportunity. Scenes will be reinacted and they've been doing extra fun things, but IMO you can't expect anything less from a reality show. Not everyone will watch or care and that's fine because everyone has their own opinions, and most of them have already been formed.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:14 pm

I'm of two minds:

Would I prefer they had faded back to real life like they started to do post-Bachelor ala Des/Chris and Ashley/JP? Yes, of course. I think overall that would have been the healthier choice. They are about to get a large amount of critical eyes and "analysis" back on them just for the sake of this television show, and that part I'm personally not looking forward to. But, on the other hand I think they are cute. I personally like them as people and as a couple, so selfishly I'm excited I get to watch extended footage and another show with them. That's cool as a fan.

I think the reality is, Des/Chris and Ashley/JP who faded away, especially in the case of Ashley/JP... well that was kind of a different time. Instagram, the adds, the branding, the self promotion... it's all kicked up about 10 notches now for these alums. There are just a TON more opportunities to quit your real life and make major bank as D-lister reality vet. The temptation is real, and I almost think this is half the reason we are seeing so many couples actually making it now, where in the past the vast majority just fizzled. There is greater incentive to stick together ... these relationships also become a business relationship of sorts.

I'm sure the money presented in front of Ben and Lauren was very hard to turn down. I'm sure being on camera in general also becomes addicting. At least with these two, they are "sophisticated famewhores." They are doing self promotion in a smart way- an entire show circling around them vs. Marriage Boot Camp. Promoting charities on twitter vs. Sugar Bear Hair.

I still like them. I still think they are mature and grounded, kind, gracious people. Even if the show is setting up circumstances for them, like the Bachelor/ette parties or engagement pictures, I believe those activities would be happening anyway. Was doing the show a mistake? Maybe in some respects. Depends on your vantage point. I don't think doing the show makes them inauthentic however. They are just two people taking advantage of an opportunity. If it's a mistake, hopefully they learn and grow from it. I'm also glad they are in counseling while it airs. That is a healthy choice. They also seem to surround themselves with family, and that is also incredibly smart and healthy. I have also noticed when they are not filming, they are VERY quiet on social media, private, they take plenty of time for themselves on the DL. Also a good choice, IMO.

Last edited by sosleepy on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 pm

^ Ditto, Sleepy.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Alanna wrote:If this is really all real and not for tv, are her best friends The Duh, The Twins, and Ashley I? laugh out loud "show me your friends and I'll show you who you are." Imo.

Eh. Her best good friend is Ben. And he is gold, IMO.

She has a few IRL friends there as well, most notably Megan, Ceyla's mom - Lauren is her God mother. She seems like a gem and a wonderful friend.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #3

+66
richmondrose
limoncello
blueblues
gurlbrit
suzq