SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by chase4me Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:30 pm

hopelessly_devoted wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:Luke's season will be like every other season. He may be special to his fans, but so was every other lead to their fans. TPTB don't see their leads or contestants as special. At all. They see them as puppets and game players.

IMO.
I respectfully disagree. I think he is special to the norm that is cast as The Bachelor because of the combination of factors. Cowboy, West Point Grad, Former College Athlete, War Veteran, Up and Coming Country Musician. That is a pretty impressive resume for this job. Not saying it just because I am a fan. 

Also, I didn't say it would actually turn out a beautiful fairytale.

I totally agree with @hopelessly_devoted: Luke is an Ivy league grad considering West Point. Hard to get in, historically significant institution, I can go on and on.  I can tell you that it's pretty hard to get into West Point. So to have all the talent.... athlete, musically talented, smart, handsome and the character to boost...... I will put his resume against any bachelor past or present, and they wouldn't come close period. The first bachelor Alex Michael was an Ivy league graduate, and I remember production sold that resume a lot during that time if anyone remember.

chase4me

Back to top Go down

mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Whether one thinks Luke is special or not, is beside the point, IMO.  Besides, IMO, once he's lead, it's less about him and more about the girls, the storyboards and showcasing the next 'Ette.  He just has to show up and let the girls do the work and/or go crazy.  laugh out loud

He will not be treated any differently or given any special extra special treatment, IMO.  He will be treated as every other lead, IMO.  He'll have the same standard type MOT girls there only for their short time in the spotlight to fit all the drama, crazy, bimbo, weirdo, etc. rolls.  There will be 5-6 nice, normal girls that could actually be a match with probably half of those gone the first night.  laugh out loud  

TPTB have a storyline and need ratings, so they'll do whatever necessary to get what they want, no matter who it's at the expense of.  JMOAA.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:38 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:Whether one thinks Luke is special or not, is beside the point, IMO.  Besides, IMO, once he's lead, it's less about him and more about the girls, the storyboards and showcasing the next 'Ette.  He just has to show up and let the girls do the work and/or go crazy.  laugh out loud

He will not be treated any differently or given any special extra special treatment, IMO.  He will be treated as every other lead, IMO.  He'll have the same standard type MOT girls there only for their short time in the spotlight to fit all the drama, crazy, bimbo, weirdo, etc. rolls.  There will be 5-6 nice, normal girls that could actually be a match with probably half of those gone the first night.  laugh out loud  

TPTB have a storyline and need ratings, so they'll do whatever necessary to get what they want, no matter who it's at the expense of.  JMOAA.
This is so true and we see it time and time again every season.  They have no shame IMO.

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:42 pm

MF based this series on the prototype "Who Wants to Marry a Multimillionaire".
He has his cast sign a contract indicating he has every right to edit and portray them any way he chooses including humiliating them(paraphrasing). 
He is one of the creators of the Chainsaw Massacre and is friends with Stephen King. His cousin is Heidi Fleiss.  He loves off the chart drama and craziness. He loves hyperbole. 
He has mentioned in interviews that you can still find online that this series was never meant as a romance. It was meant as a dating experiment. 
The closest thing to a fairytale this show might ever be is GRIMM's.  This is not a show on the Lifetime channel or O for a reason.
JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:48 pm

Being an Ivy league grad, athlete or musician has nothing to do with being a good Bachelor or having good character IMO..There are other "Ivy league grad, athletes or musicians" in this group of contestants. I like Luke because he seems mature, genuine and not so bad and he obviously served his country but that does NOT make him "special" to the norm in comparison to the other bachelors like Ben H or Sean imo.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by chase4me Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Dessler wrote:Being an Ivy league grad, athlete or musician has nothing to do with being a good Bachelor or having good character IMO..There are other "Ivy league grad, athletes or musicians" in this group of contestants.  I like Luke because he seems mature, genuine and not so bad and he obviously served his country but that does NOT make him "special" to the norm in comparison to the other bachelors like Ben H or Sean imo.

I understand your reasons for being a Luke fan, but when I used Ivy league graduate, I used it because Luke made mention of it in the first or second episode. I got it right away. Why? because I knew exactly what he meant without me getting personal.  I don't think there is an Ivy grad in the group though.

But you don't get to be a platoon leader just for the sake of it.... right? It's like me saying you get to go to Harvard or Yale just for the sake of it. I am a fan, who recognize how hard he's worked from a small town, to get to where he is.  Sean, Ben and others are fine too for other reasons. But I for one have my reasons from a different perspective. And seriously, I hope he turns down a lead role.

chase4me

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Gah the more I read this thread the less I like Luke and it has nothing to do with him. I do not think he is better than anyone who signed up to be on this show Ivy league educated or not, he just happens to have a better edit.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 1f49b  mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:36 pm

Maybe I'm being picky, but West Point isn't an Ivy League school. Still great, but not Ivy League.

Luke would be like most Bachelors to me. Nothing special or my favorite, but that's not why I watch this show anymore.

mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 87b72b10 mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 86669110 mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 71 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:37 pm

From what I've seen on SM, people don't like/care for Luke as much as they did Sean and Ben at this point in time on their bachelorette seasons.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:37 pm

mysthelma wrote:Gah the more I read this thread the less I like Luke and it has nothing to do with him. I do not think he is better than anyone who signed up to be on this show Ivy league educated or not, he just happens to have a better edit.
I agree unfortunately...

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by chase4me Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:39 pm

mysthelma wrote:Gah the more I read this thread the less I like Luke and it has nothing to do with him. I do not think he is better than anyone who signed up to be on this show Ivey league educated or not, he just happens to have a better edit.

I think no one is saying he's better off than anyone who signed up. It's just some of his fans are glad that exes haven't come out with rumors, and seems to stay out of trouble as well. Nothing to do with edit I think.

chase4me

Back to top Go down

Post by chase4me Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
mysthelma wrote:Gah the more I read this thread the less I like Luke and it has nothing to do with him. I do not think he is better than anyone who signed up to be on this show Ivy league educated or not, he just happens to have a better edit.
I agree unfortunately...

Jordan is getting all the benefit of the doubt from his fans...? And I think there is nothing wrong with Luke's fans. blowing his horns for him.... all in the name of fun.

Last edited by chase4me on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

chase4me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+59
Longhornfan
nutty1
Linds911
motheroffive
FMG2015