SELECT CONTENT

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 37 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by nd4reality Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:45 pm

Agree - i wouldn't buy products either from or because of these contestants but there are plenty who do.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

mesnick - Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by MiniDiva Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:48 pm

I would have paid the $10 cover charge to see them sing and join the party, but not beyond that. Plus, there are so many videos of them, I can get snippets of their performance from long distance. giggling
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:48 pm

^I wouldn't pay to meet them either. They're on a reality tv show. It's not like they're known for some talent that they have. I've only paid for one meet and greet in my life and it was in the $200's range. Woof... Those were the dayyyys. Never again though. IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:23 pm

OK, reading the fine print about last night's gig at Wagner's Backyard says basic cover charge is $10 but individual Meet-n-Greet tickets are also available (no price listed).   Rolling Eyes

Individual Meet n greet tickets available, $200 tables with 6 meet n greet tickets, $10 pre-sale! So you can meet these talented studly Bachelors!
Source: Wagner's Backyard FB
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't even want to know how much Luke will charge once he's the Bachelor.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:28 pm

Duke702 wrote:I don't even want to know how much Luke will charge once he's the Bachelor.

Last night was a 2-4-1 special.  cantstopl
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Eh, at least you got a show for the price. Nick, Jared and others have been doing appearances where people pay to get to meet them for a while now. I don't know that I would pay $40 (the actual price according to the FB post), but they are neither the first to do it and will not be the last. I would pay the $10 to see the concert/show part.  And yes, it is just like accepting freebies to post pics on SM won't the products or compensation for getting people to buy products or even being on more tv shows. No one was forced to pay extra to meet them. And maybe they should have just meet fans for free, but most touring musicians do not. Even back in the day when I was in Brad Paisley's fan club (paid something like $20/year) if I wanted to meet him the meet and greets were usually at least $100 if not more and that was in addition to the price of a concert ticket. Pretty standard stuff in the music business. BTW those M&G fees by musicians are not usually being donated to charity either.

So good for these guys if people now want to pay for the M&Gs. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:53 pm

I don't know about James T but Luke's Job pre the Bachelorette is his music career. So if his time on the Bachelorette has enhanced his pre existing career...aok...at least he has a legit Job.   JMO

ITA with you Stuck...the meet and greet the Bach/Ette $folks$ is standard issue on all these seasons now. Happens all the time.  JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:59 pm

I don't know what the normal practice is, but both are still on the show so I assume it doesn't violate any contracts.  If Luke is the next lead, does this create a sticky wicket for him especially being in the entertainment industry already?
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:15 pm

I doubt it causes any problem for Luke if he is the next Bachelor. They cast a bunch actors, models, musicians, ex athletes, wanna be entertainers for almost all the roles on this totally scripted season. Including the Leads....

If and when Luke is announced as the Bachelor...I hope we get some women that are not like this seasons cast....but rather more basic RL gals. I want to see real new connections and storylines develop.

SM has caused the entire original premise of the show...here for love and/or adventure....to morph into more Fame/Personal promotion.   JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I don't mind the contestants shilling for all they've got, since that's what the show is now a days. I just wish people wouldn't act like one shilling is more prominent and "better" than the other. It's all shilling at the end of the day! Make money, bishes! If people are gonna pay, then good for y'all. Just don't act like your above anybody else and/or their "fans" put them on some pedestal.

IMO.

I guess shillers gotta shill giggling .  I understand why they all do it.  Easy cash for doing nothing, why not.  I'm sure that's why the majority of people apply for the show now a days.  Make it far enough and you get a nice fun little secondary income stream for doing no work, for some even a primary source of income. But I agree with the above - they all do  it to some degree or another really IMO. I try to not let it affect my opinions, but when you already don't love a contestant it's an easy way to reinforce a negative opinion and then overlook it for those you do like. Really it's all the same. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Chewbacca Mom used her 15 minutes of fame and the last I read had made at least $400k and was charging $33 for autographs (something like that).  So this show is no different I guess.  It does surprise me that Luke would charge for personal time at this point while still on the show, but I guess now is the time for him to capitalize on his popularity.  Viewers may think he is F1 or the next lead probably.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Luke Pell - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+59
Longhornfan
nutty1
Linds911
motheroffive
FMG2015