SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 9 of 76 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by agentcurls Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 pm

SM-wise, it does seem like LB is bursting at the seams...while JoJo is basically rehearsing for the Bachelorette role.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:15 pm

agentcurls wrote:SM-wise, it does seem like LB is bursting at the seams...while JoJo is basically rehearsing for the Bachelorette role.
I actually don't think so. JoJo favs EVERYTHING. But whenever someone mentions her being the ETTE (which is all the time), she never favs... I noticed she favs a lot of random tweets, tweets from past and current contestants, her and Beccas friendship, and whenever her and Ben are being cute on camera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:16 pm

I don't think viewership is down... It's around the same as every season, so I don't know why they decided to show that preview so early.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Al wrote:I feel like if they really wanted to get the audience talking they should have aired the preview immediately after the episode as a "coming up on this season of the bachelor" type thing, and not on the Bachelor Live which I assume has less viewership than the Bachelor.
Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:The biggest one for me was Des and Chris. I knew right away when they had no issues showing Des so into Brooks that something was up. Heck, they even showed her telling CH that she loved Brooks, but that Chris was close behind. When they dropped that preview in the middle of the season I knew something was definitely up... Kind of like they just did for Ben's season laugh out loud

There was a part of me that thought that's what was happening with Kaitlyn's season, after they showed us Kaitlyn telling Shawn she was falling in love with him and that he could be her future husband on their very first date. Or when they actually showed us Shawn pretty much saying "she told me I was going to win". Plus her blogs, which were pretty much love letters to Shawn, there was a part of me that thought it was just too obvious and there was some kind of twist. And, there wasn't. So, there's always a chance it could be that super obvious. I hope it's not and it's time for a surprise ending since the last 4 seasons have been very predictable, IMO, but I don't know.

Yeah, I'm with you on that and I don't think anything will happen again this season. I will say that's we've always seen leads say "I'm falling for two people here" and so forth, but Ben and that preview seemed more genuine to me and IMO, far beyond the duty of the lead trying to fool the audience and doing his supposed "job." I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I did think it was extremely interesting though that just a couple of days after filming ended Fleiss tweeted out about Mesnick.
What about Fleiss' tweet did you find interesting?

And I don't really remember, why did they air that preview in the middle of Des' season? And what exactly did it mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm

^ I found Fleiss' tweet interesting because it was so soon after the season wrapped up its filming and he mentioned Mesnick of all people. Most viewers wouldn't even think twice about that tweet. It was a very sly comment IMO.

On Des' season, they focused so heavily on her relationship with Brooks for the first five episodes or so that everyone thought it was a done deal and similarly, RS was adamant saying that she was all about Brooks from the very beginning. Production did a really good job of showing that from the first episode through the halfway point and then similarly they dropped the preview and started to hint that something was going to happen.

I still don't think anything happens though laugh out loud

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

agentcurls wrote:SM-wise, it does seem like LB is bursting at the seams...while JoJo is basically rehearsing for the Bachelorette role.

The only one I can say is "rehearsing for Bachelorette role" is Caila. She shows a lot of personality through her SM, and likes and retweets posts by producers and such.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

eversotrue wrote:
Al wrote:I feel like if they really wanted to get the audience talking they should have aired the preview immediately after the episode as a "coming up on this season of the bachelor" type thing, and not on the Bachelor Live which I assume has less viewership than the Bachelor.
Exactly.
I was thinking the reason for the timing of showing the extra preview now was because it was the last night of AfterLive and they wanted to blind side Ben so they could catch his live reaction for the viewers to get our tongues wagging.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 pm

The epi that aired the same night as the College football, was still the winner when it came to ratings, so no there's nothing wrong with Ben's season as far as ratings.

January 12, 2016
ABC was first in ratings with a 1.6 rating/5 share in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo and second in total viewers with an average of 5.9 million, according to preliminary numbers. “The Bachelor” at 8 p.m. ET had a 1.9/6 and 6.9 million viewers. At 10, the aftershow got a 1.0/3 and 3.9 million viewers.
http://www.thewrap.com/the-bachelor-abc-cbs-ratings-ben-ice-cube-kevin-hart-national-championship/

Mike Fleiss ‏@fleissmeister  Jan 26
Ratings continue to climb! Thank you #BachelorNation and @benhiggi !!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:13 am

I wonder if they threw in that preview then because it was the last live after show and we'd see Ben watching it? I thought he looked a bit annoyed or upset at seeing it again so my guess is that he didn't know it was coming.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15491

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:16 am

albean99 wrote:I wonder if they threw in that preview then because it was the last live after show and we'd see Ben watching it? I thought he looked a bit annoyed or upset at seeing it again so my guess is that he didn't know it was coming.

Agreed. His reaction seemed genuine in that he didn't know it was coming IMO. He looked upset right as they panned to him once the preview finished. He seemed a bit more normal when he was talking to CH, but he still seemed a tad off even then.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:17 am

Ash2214 wrote:^ I found Fleiss' tweet interesting because it was so soon after the season wrapped up its filming and he mentioned Mesnick of all people. Most viewers wouldn't even think twice about that tweet. It was a very sly comment IMO.

On Des' season, they focused so heavily on her relationship with Brooks for the first five episodes or so that everyone thought it was a done deal and similarly, RS was adamant saying that she was all about Brooks from the very beginning. Production did a really good job of showing that from the first episode through the halfway point and then similarly they dropped the preview and started to hint that something was going to happen.

I still don't think anything happens though laugh out loud
The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 9 3806527698 hmm. Interesting. Did they air the mid season preview right after an episode?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 76 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+99
AmoreBella
Cinn3
Rolly
sdmom
aviej