SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 12 of 76 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 44 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

9 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:58 am

nutty1 wrote:Ben was probably most shocked about the splice and dice of the preview and how it was misleading to what really happened!

:yes: I agree

You know that "blindsided" preview... let's say I dont think we were the only ones to be blindsided!

Back to top Go down

9 - The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 pm

eversotrue wrote:
Miyala wrote:
albean99 wrote:

You're probably right, Nutty.

I believe so too. If the preview wasn't misleading he probably wouldn't have been bothered by it.
I don't think that's true. He would of been bothered either way. It's awkward and uncomfortable having to watch something like that back..

I agree eversotrue.  He even said he wasn't expecting to have to see that again "so soon" ie he knows the end will be uncomfortable to watch and awkward for all parties involved, but they're not near airing the end yet.  I thought he was taken off guard that they sprung that on him, but not that it was anything he wasn't expecting. He looked more like "oh crap, they're showing that?" to me.

Also, they usually show the "Coming up the rest of the season" preview with lots of drama clips from the final few episodes after the episode before HTDs if I recall correctly.  So my guess is they are preparing the real preview that will air in a couple weeks after the real show and so had some of the footage available to show on that last aftershow, and even better they got to make Ben uncomfortable in the process and have him need to react to it without rehearsing what to say.

ETA - I think anyone now in a relationship with one person will find it pretty uncomfortable for that person, Lauren, to be watching them that emotional and saying those things about someone else.  IMO.

Last edited by relaxing on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Seabear wrote:I don't think Caila will be the villain. no

I do think Caila will be the next Bachelorette. yes

JMO

You might be right. They probably want (& need) a less partisan & more controllable Bachelorette after the KB debacle that was last season.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:09 pm

nutty1 wrote:I think he would have been less bothered if it hadn't been so edited and misrepresented.

I really don't think I can say how edited and misrepresented that was or how the end will be until we get closer to the end and see the actual episode IMO.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:16 pm

No matter how edited and clipped it must be uncomfortable for all 3 to watch. No matter how much talking Ben has done with the F1, it's still stings for sure, the F2 gets to relive being 'dumped' and for Ben, just to have to watch hurting both girls and having to comfort the F1. I'm not envying them for sure.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 pm

eversotrue wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:Becca has been pretty invisible this season.
Yeah. She only has two more episodes. I doubt she'll get any screen time episode 6 because there seems to be a lot going on already. But I'm sure she'll get plenty of screen time episode 7 to make it "shocking" when she gets cut.
I wonder where and when the scene with her and Ben sitting on a bench with what looks like hay bales beside them happens? The one where she's in the white blouse and he's in a black and white or light grey checked shirt.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:06 pm

rhondam wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:Becca has been pretty invisible this season.
Yeah. She only has two more episodes. I doubt she'll get any screen time episode 6 because there seems to be a lot going on already. But I'm sure she'll get plenty of screen time episode 7 to make it "shocking" when she gets cut.
I wonder where and when the scene with her and Ben sitting on a bench with what looks like hay bales beside them happens? The one where she's in the white blouse and he's in a black and white or light grey checked shirt.
Prett sure its in Indiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Guessing 3 on 1 date

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm

moonchild wrote:

There was a part of me that thought that's what was happening with Kaitlyn's season, after they showed us Kaitlyn telling Shawn she was falling in love with him and that he could be her future husband on their very first date. Or when they actually showed us Shawn pretty much saying "she told me I was going to win". Plus her blogs, which were pretty much love letters to Shawn, there was a part of me that thought it was just too obvious and there was some kind of twist. And, there wasn't. So, there's always a chance it could be that super obvious. I hope it's not and it's time for a surprise ending since the last 4 seasons have been very predictable, IMO, but I don't know.

There was enough drama going on with their storyline though.  It had her choosing to sleep with Nick after she told Shawn that it was him.  It certainly raised doubts on who she cared for the most and if Shawn would be OK with it in the end.  Shawn gave them a lot of the drama that most of the time they have to create.   With Ben they are having to try really hard to get some drama going.  Olivia can only do so much!

Ha ha! Wasn't that whole "I slept with Nick" storyline downright weird?

I think we get spoiled by SOME of the Bachelorettes. Andi was a bit of a Poker Face, excuse me... Pookie Face. (She didn't like being called that.) Yet the others struggle hiding their attractions to their F1 men.

I don't know if Kaitlyn and Nick did "The Naughty" ON the show... as it was presented with that ridiculous Closed Door & Subtitles... or they actually were in "cahoots" BEFORE the show and Mike Fleiss simply got mad and forced them to change the storyline (getting K & N to cooperate with their performances). In any case, IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER. The whole point was that "Love" was important than "Sex" in determining The Winner. Many viewers expected her to choose Nick because she kept talking about THE Sex over and over, even though she and Shawn likely planted the flag on Mt. Olympus as well. Just that we didn't HEAR about it... and certainly weren't THINKING it until "SnapGate".

Yet I felt the whole Nick storyline and his "conflict" with Shawn as just a distraction from all of her "fluttering" in excitement over Shawn's sweaty shirt and abs.

Ditto the whole "Brooks! Brooks! Brooks!" business with Desie, since I could see her all "gooey" over Prince Siegfried the moment he tied his shoe out of the limo. It was hilarious, considering how many on this forum thought Desie and Prince Siegfiied were stuck in the "friend zone", that he was literally BURIED in the first two episodes... only for her to "discover" him in episode 3. (Yeah... right.) I mean... if there was NOTHING going on between her and Christopher, why not show her scenes with him those first two episodes?  

Also Ashley Hebert was sobbing about Bentley non-step... in-between make out sessions under the Phuket umbrella with Jay-Peee. (Key lines: JP "Are you getting wet?" Ashley, giggling: "A little") She only saw Bentley for a maximum of two hours altogether before he dumped her!

Back in 2009, Jillian's season really blew us away, especially with the emphasis on Reid and F1 Ed leaving and coming back.. breaking her little heart in the process... and suffering from a "malfunction" in the fantasy suite... before the Hawaii volcano exploded on cue and all was right with the world. However, when you re-watch the shows TODAY... especially with all of the silly scenes with "here for the wrong reasons" Wes Hayden (who only sang songs to her and made Jake Pavelka all huffy in his white pilot gear)... it all looks so staged and hyper-edited for drama. Could they pull off another Jillian season successfully today? I don't think so. We only had Jason's switcheroo before this to throw us off guard, so that is why so many of us took her season more seriously than we should have.

I still debate here how much of this show is *real* and how much is constructed with storyboard cards on a bulletin board, much like Pixar plans their next animated feature. You know they will NEVER give us a straightforward boy-meets-girl-but-must-date-others-even-though-he-only-wants-one storyline.

Overall, the Bachelors are better at hiding it on screen than the 'ettes and this may be why their seasons tend to be more boring to me, but also less ridiculous in their storylines with characters boomeranging back and a Third Party hogging up all of the attention.

On the surface, a swicheroo seems too strange of an idea. Yet so much of this show is literally off the wall that it would not surprise me in the least if, say, Jo-Jo winds up as Ben's Melissa and Lauren his Molly. Or he gets all confused late in the game and makes some bungling moves in the finale. Maybe Neil Lane hypnotizes him, like he did Nick... twice (on Andi's season with his No-Show and Kaitlyn's season with his Show-Up). It doesn't even matter if his "chemistry" with Jo-Jo is completely nonexistent. Somebody just needs to manipulate Ben's brain enough to get him all confused... or maybe something goes wrong on Lauren's hometown date that prompts "doubt" that eats him up during the final hours of deliberation. Take our pick.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:08 pm

I am not spoiled, so maybe Jo-Jo does not make top 2? How far does Caila and Olivia go? I only watched Jimmy Kimmel and heard HIS predictions. Substitute any F2 gal for Jo-Jo and you get my drift.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:58 pm

JBF wrote:I am not spoiled, so maybe Jo-Jo does not make top 2? How far does Caila and Olivia go? I only watched Jimmy Kimmel and heard HIS predictions. Substitute any F2 gal for Jo-Jo and you get my drift.

Olivia is done tonight during the 2:1 date with Emily and Caila is F3. JoJo is F2.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks. Gee... I am gonna miss Olivia.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 76 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 44 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+99
AmoreBella
Cinn3
Rolly
sdmom
aviej