SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Page 7 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:56 pm

I don't see the point in comparing him to the other bachelors in other countries either... Just...why??

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:01 pm

eversotrue wrote:I don't see the point in comparing him to the other bachelors in other countries either... Just...why??
Why? Why not?
This forum is not solely for Bach/Bette USA.
There's many others including Bach Canada, NZ, Aussie, etc.
And all seasons are available to view on this forum.

I personally compare behavior to behavior.
What country it is from is irrelevant.
Human beings choose their behavior as do leads of a show.
How a lead chooses to behave/act is on THEM, not TPTB or "country".

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:05 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
eversotrue wrote:I don't see the point in comparing him to the other bachelors in other countries either... Just...why??
Why? Why not?

I personally compare behavior to behavior.
What country it is from is irrelevant.
Human beings choose their behavior as do leads of a show.
How a lead chooses to behave/act is on THEM, not TPTB or "country".

I agree with AAL, they are all bachelors, why not compare them, especially since this is a discussion board, so talk and discuss is what we do?

Art from NZ was such a genuine guy that he set that bar high for some of us.  Now some who are more in line with the US version and all the making out, fastasy suite or non fantasy suite sex, might have been bored, but for many of us it was a like a cleansing of the palate compared to farmer douche.

I think Ben has a good head on his shoulders, so I have hope for him, it is still an MF series, so their is only so much he is really responsible for.  I for one will be happy if he is better than farmer douche.  And since I still actually like JPG, I am totally in the minority anyway.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:07 pm

On a discussion level, comparing is fine. But the average U.S. bachelor viewer doesn't even know other bachelors in other countries exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:10 pm

^ Yeah, if I hadn't watched Art's season I would never have known a Bach lead could act with such kindness, respect, and genuineness. So yeah, I do have a high bar set and it has impacted how I view leads even more now. Leads choose their behavior no matter what TPTB do and it is for that reason I am hopeful Ben will do a great job as lead as he seems to be a good guy yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:11 pm

eversotrue wrote:On a discussion level, comparing is fine. But the average U.S. bachelor viewer doesn't even know other bachelors in other countries exist.

True but we are a bachelor obsessed board with sections devoted to the out of the US bachelors, often including the links to watch. Our admin is actually Canadian and many of our active members are not in the USA, so IMO discussion comparing non-US bachelors to US bachelors is no big deal. To each their own.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:14 pm

eversotrue wrote:On a discussion level, comparing is fine. But the average U.S. bachelor viewer doesn't even know other bachelors in other countries exist.
What's so awesome about this forum is that it has lots of different Bachelors and discussion surrounding them and that is why I discuss and compare them all since this forum is so great for that  yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Every Bachelor has their flaws just like Ben does. Sure some Bachelor from other have been good but there have been U.S. Bachelors that are just as good if not better. It's not like there have been 19 previous seasons of only guys like Jake the Fake. To make it seem that way is rather unfair.

All JMO as always.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 7 87b72b10 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 7 86669110 The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 7 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:44 pm

^ IA. It's why I like to compare each lead each season to the better leads not the worst. That way there is a bar to actually reach otherwise anyone can be better than the worst.

For Bach US, even though Sean isn't my fave lead ever he did a great job overall, especially with not sleeping with the contestants and he is still the only bachelor who has married his F1 in 19 seasons.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:01 pm

My bar is set low for these leads. I don't expect much and that way there's no disappointment when I watch because I didn't expect much in the first place. If they turn out better than I expected, then it's a pleasant surprise. When you set the bar high for person you don't know on a TV show, you're just setting yourself up to be disappointed in the end. The leads are going to makes mistakes or do things we don't personally approve of. Some of them will have the same morals and values we do and some of them won't. It doesn't make them wrong and us right. It just means everyone's different and that's okay.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:12 pm

bluwavz wrote:My bar is set low for these leads. I don't expect much and that way there's no disappointment when I watch because I didn't expect much in the first place. If they turn out better than I expected, then it's a pleasant surprise. When you set the bar high for person you don't know on a TV show, you're just setting yourself up to be disappointed in the end. The leads are going to makes mistakes or do things we don't personally approve of. Some of them will have the same morals and values we do and some of them won't. It doesn't make them wrong and us right. It just means everyone's different and that's okay.  
These are my thoughts as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:57 pm

I also think some Bachelors from other countries benefit from there not being as much pressure, scrutiny, and eyes on them vs the US show. It's kind of a different animal.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3  - Page 7 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 79 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #3

+64
rc49ers
Ash2214
megaa
officeRules
sanlee088
Al
ironcat
soccermom333
Norcalgal
SLA44
california90