SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*   - Page 61 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:55 pm

DebutAlbum wrote:
albean99 wrote:My guess is that it was planned that Becca would get a HTD and a date/time set up but then something happened. Possibly Ben decided to keep someone else or TPTB got wind that her HTD was leaked and they decided to cut her instead. Or they wanted Caila, Amanda, and Joelle to be the potential leads and in the f4. We'll probably never know.

I think Ben just liked the other 4 better. Becca only got one ID and did not get a GDR. And her ID was early in the season. I could be wrong, but I think if Ben really wanted to give Becca a HTD then she would've received a ID or gotten the GDR in Episode 7, or at the very least Becca would've received a GDR in Episode 5 or 6.

Here is a comparison:
Lauren: 2ID, 1GDR
JoJo: 2ID, 1GDR
Caila: 2ID
Amanda: 1ID, 2GDR
Becca: 1ID

I agree that he just liked the other four more. Becca has the same "stats" that Carly did last season and she was clearly an f5 girl. I can believe that TPTB really wanted Becca in the F4 b/c her family is TV gold but Ben fought them on it or plans changed. For what it's worth, I emailed RS and he said that he hasn't heard anything to suggest that Becca was originally supposed to be in f4. I do think that her HTD was just tentative and her family and friends got a bit too excited and starting blabbing about it to everyone. I'm sure they were told that it was a done deal, because that was the best way to make Becca feel safe and completely shock her when she got eliminated. I think that they knew that if she expected an elimination, she would have dealt with it privately like last season so they had to catch her off guard for good TV. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*   - Page 61 Empty Re: Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 pm

BlackHalo wrote:Does TPTB really care that much... If Lauren's HTD had been spoiled a day before the RC it's not like they would've taken her out of the competition. I think Ben just changed his mind on Becca or never wanted to take her in the first place. JMO.

All I can say is my end of things as I know them, and the other mods can back up what I am sharing.
I can't get into anyone else's head and certainly make a conscious choice not to get into the head of TPTB. That's a frightening choice.
I was contacted by my source STAT when RS spilled asking in a not positive manner, if I had contacted RS.
Now most who know me longstanding realize that at best that is silly at worst an abomination, that I would ever contact RS. Never happening. Never.
I don't know for sure, but think that family was contacted in a not positive manner by TPTB regarding RS spill. This is my guess and I do believe it.
I can't say why things changed less than 24 hours later.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:05 pm

Does it even matter at this point? Even if she did get a HTD date, it would have been because the producers wanted it, and not Ben.

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Perhaps they gave the family a slap on the wrist for spoiling things but I tend to think if they wanted her there, she would be there. Maybe Ben went against TPTB by not giving her a rose. I am interested to see her reaction since she is mostly stoic.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:11 pm

I don't see how Becca not getting a HTD is a negative thing.
In fact, I only see her not getting a HTD as a VERY positive thing considering Ben likely had already chosen his F1 at that point.

Becca was F5 (already a far spot considering how many girls were on the show).
Dragging Becca's family into it again when she wasn't going to be F1 would be more negative than positive if she was let go F4.
And dragging her to F3/F2 would be even worse.

IMO, whatever the reason may be, it was for the positive, since Becca's family and Becca herself benefits most from her being F5 and not F4/F3/F2.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Who knows what actually happened.
And no, it does not matter in the scheme of things, similarly as, nothing matters but who the F1 will be and if the relationship does not last that won't matter either. I was simply responding to previous postings with some clarification to speculation with what I know.
I guess if we really want to get deep and rhetorical: what really matters at all? Probably quite OT.
I would imagine Becca will react gracefully and in the limo have a break down along the lines of "when will I meet my prince" etc.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:17 pm

BlackHalo wrote:Perhaps they gave the family a slap on the wrist for spoiling things but I tend to think if they wanted her there, she would be there. Maybe Ben went against TPTB by not giving her a rose. I am interested to see her reaction since she is mostly stoic.

JMHO: That's not how TPTB works.
If TPTB wanted to slap the family or Becca on the wrist they would have dragged her to F2 and not let her go F5.  :Nod:
Becca leaving before being put through the same rigmarole as last year is the opposite of a slap on the wrist.
If anything, Becca got a lucky break.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Who knows what actually happened.
And no, it does not matter in the scheme of things, similarly as, nothing matters but who the F1 will be and if the relationship does not last that won't matter either. I was simply responding to previous postings with some clarification to speculation with what I know.
I guess if we really want to get deep and rhetorical: what really matters at all? Probably quite OT.
I would imagine Becca will react gracefully and in the limo have a break down along the lines of "when will I meet my prince" etc.

IMO there would be more significance to TPTB changing plans last minute if Ben really did want to keep Becca for hometowns. But it does seem to me that Ben just liked the other 4 girls more

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:22 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:Perhaps they gave the family a slap on the wrist for spoiling things but I tend to think if they wanted her there, she would be there. Maybe Ben went against TPTB by not giving her a rose. I am interested to see her reaction since she is mostly stoic.

If TPTB wanted to slap the family or Becca on the wrist they would have dragged her to F2 and not let her go F5.  :Nod:
Becca leaving before being put through the same rigmarole as last year is the opposite of a slap on the wrist, imo.
If anything, Becca got the lucky break, imo.

When I say "slap on the wrist" I mean production contacted the family and politely told them to shut up. If being around to F4, F3, F2 was in their storyboard for Becca I don't think this would have stopped that. JMO.

Sure she got a lucky break but was that thanks to Ben or TPTB? We'll never know.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:24 pm

I see that it mattered to TPTB for their original storyline but the fact that they HAD to get rid of her despite wanting that storyboard says a lot about them not wanting it to get out that someone was going to have a hometown date BEFORE a rose ceremony even happened. I think people here are missing the point that this could have been detrimental to the show's reputation, such as it is, to the unspoiled (majority) viewing public. It is immaterial that Ben didn't want Becca in his F4 because he already had his F1 in mind, the show wanted Becca for whatever reason—B'ette? I don't know. All jmo.
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:24 pm

loveactually9 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Who knows what actually happened.

IMO there would be more significance to TPTB changing plans last minute if Ben really did want to keep Becca for hometowns. But it does seem to me that Ben just liked the other 4 girls more

I actually see it the opposite:
If someone cares for someone but doesn't see them as F1 why put them through HTD/FD, etc?

If Ben really wanted to keep Becca for HTDs but already had his F1 (Lauren) chosen, then to me, him letting her go was kindness considering she had been through that before.
The other F4/F3/F2 hadn't been through it before and thus they get put through it only 1x just like Becca had been.

Because the bottom line is, there's only one F1.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:28 pm

I guess it depends on your goals. I have to imagine that most contestants want to make it as far as possible in this "game", not even because of the lead, but because it ensures them more press, more exposure, more attention, etc. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilly - Bachelor 20 - #2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+66
stuckinsc
isittrue
beader
alwaystulips
kimberlyg