SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 72 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:41 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Beach Lover wrote:Nick brought the Andi situations up to make a point, but he spent more time describing them than needed making it kind of weird.  I feel like he could have just as easily used things from K's season to show how the lead can spend extra time with those he/she likes, but he seemed to want to keep going back to Andi. You all are probably right that he had it worse for Andi than K, but after two years he should probably stop bringing her up so much I feel.

I also felt he dominated the conversation too much on AB. Cathy Kelly seemed annoyed with him at times and I get the feeling she has only tolerated Nick doing the show with them and that she's still not a huge fan of his.  Now that she is done with the show, I wonder if they will bring in a new female host or let it just be the guys (including Nick, who seems to be a mainstay now) with a female guest each week?

Oh my goodness... they were definitely annoyed.  I felt sorry for him.  2 years...time to move on.  

I think most of the posters mentioned they do think Nick has moved on, he just used his own experiences to explain the edits. And I think this is the exact reason why they want a past contestant to be the guest?

Back to top Go down

enddv - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 72 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:53 am

The After Buzz live comment feed was that the viewers watching LOVED Nick on the show! I even screenshot a lot of the comment feed because it was overwhelmingly pro-Nick comments.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:57 am

As much as I find the anecdotes a little awkward to listen to, I do admit I think they're always really interesting. Nick doesn't hold back much, which is a rarity with alum. I actually loved the granola bar story - that was such an Andi thing to do: OMG, you didn't look at me, so I'm going to throw a mini-tantrum in this group date! It was also telling that he knew from pretty much day one that it was going to be Josh and him at the end. I remember Dylan saying in a podcast that most of the guys/producers had predicted Josh would win/Chris would be the Bachelor and I always wondered if Nick knew that was the general consensus. Even from his first After Buzz appearance, I thought it was really interesting that he talked about how he was the one who reached out to Kaitlyn first to ask about Kelsey Poe and how real that was, since I know a lot of people thought that she had initiated contact. He also definitely implied that his ex-fiance had cheated on him, which I thought was interesting and kind of helped me understand why he is the way he is. He makes the podcasts less fun, IMO, but definitely more revealing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:18 am

ugh, they had him back? I don't get it. I hadn't watched yet, so now I won't need to find the time. They're quickly losing me. No Cathy and more Nick = me tuning out. (Still love Danny though and hope this leads to bigger things for him eventually).

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:21 am

peggy0221 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
Beach Lover wrote:Nick brought the Andi situations up to make a point, but he spent more time describing them than needed making it kind of weird.  I feel like he could have just as easily used things from K's season to show how the lead can spend extra time with those he/she likes, but he seemed to want to keep going back to Andi. You all are probably right that he had it worse for Andi than K, but after two years he should probably stop bringing her up so much I feel.

I also felt he dominated the conversation too much on AB. Cathy Kelly seemed annoyed with him at times and I get the feeling she has only tolerated Nick doing the show with them and that she's still not a huge fan of his.  Now that she is done with the show, I wonder if they will bring in a new female host or let it just be the guys (including Nick, who seems to be a mainstay now) with a female guest each week?

Oh my goodness... they were definitely annoyed.  I felt sorry for him.  2 years...time to move on.  

I think most of the posters mentioned they do think Nick has moved on, he just used his own experiences to explain the edits. And I think this is the exact reason why they want a past contestant to be the guest?

I think Nick was a last minute addition last night. I know Brooks was trying to get someone else on last night but couldnt come. I think Nick has moved on. I also thinks he just likes talking about himself and his experience. They do like past contestants on the show but I think they want more people besides Nick. They've had Amy Long, Krisily, Lauren S., Lucy, Sammie, etc. on the show. I heard that Leah might be coming in one week this season. It's nice that they come on to share their experiences.

I like Nick and his stories/experiences. I just wish it wasn't on AfterBuzz TV. His personality doesn't mesh with the current hosts very well and as a viewer, I hate when I can sense that. That ruins the show for me. I'd rather just give him an 2-3 hour interview elsewhere where the focus can just be him.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:22 am

Nick is very well liked by the live viewers/comments who have live commented feedback that they love his input and want him back again and again. Even tweeted that to Brooks.

So I think they are giving what their live viewers want and those are the ones who are more invested in their show so it makes sense.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:30 am

I have no interest in watching it with Nick on after the other time he was on. I'm sure not all their viewers comment either way. If they don't like who's on they just may turn off like I do. no idea

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15490

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:36 am

I'm sure most viewers don't comment especially since they probably don't watch live.
However it is those who do comment that the AB show (and even the Bach show) gets their feedback (other than ratings).

If comments by the live-watchers were negative then I could see them not having him on but they were overwhelming positive by many different viewers so I see why they will continue to do so as long as the feedback (which they can use to gauge what audiences like) is positive - which it is.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:57 am

california90 wrote:
peggy0221 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:

I think Nick was a last minute addition last night. I know Brooks was trying to get someone else on last night but couldnt come. I think Nick has moved on. I also thinks he just likes talking about himself and his experience. They do like past contestants on the show but I think they want more people besides Nick. They've had Amy Long, Krisily, Lauren S., Lucy, Sammie, etc. on the show. I heard that Leah might be coming in one week this season. It's nice that they come on to share their experiences.

I like Nick and his stories/experiences. I just wish it wasn't on AfterBuzz TV. His personality doesn't mesh with the current hosts very well and as a viewer, I hate when I can sense that. That ruins the show for me. I'd rather just give him an 2-3 hour interview elsewhere where the focus can just be him.

Agreed with your last point. He just doesn't have a fun, lively, easy-going personality that works with the rest of the hosts. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as there are other podcasts I listen to that have a similar tone and he would fit in better with. I actually think he should do his own podcast and have alum on, kind of like what Jason/Molly used to do. Or do blogs like Sharleen does.

I thought this week was especially awkward as it seemed like Cathy/Nick almost got into a legit fight over the whole Amanda thing. I do read comments and Nick always gets mixed reviews - some love him, some hate him.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:08 am

I never cared for Cathy - her views always came across void of any real insight, imo. I couldn't stand her voice either and she always seemed to think her opinion was better (even than Brooks'). I would tune her out most of the times I heard her speaking. She's pretty catty sounding. So I am glad she is leaving the show.

I like Brooks and how easy going he is and Danny seems to be caring and Nick provides a a more analytical approach talking about the edit and what is being shown versus what is producer driven.

With Cathy leaving now I might watch more and if Nick is on and she is gone even more so.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:11 am

Haha I thought I was the only one who felt the same way about Cathy's voice. I could never stand her so good riddance. cheeky
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:12 am

Yay! I am not alone! bestbud!

Good riddance, indeed! :Nod:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 80 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt