SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Lana Jeavons-Fellows

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

noregrets - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Lana Jeavons-Fellows - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Lana Jeavons-Fellows

Post by AEF Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Lana would have had a phone in the to spoil her dates with DM right? It had to be producers. Producers also did it with both M&G's this year as well. It makes Lana as F1 seem scripted.

AEF

Back to top Go down

noregrets - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Lana Jeavons-Fellows - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Lana Jeavons-Fellows

Post by ElonM Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Captain Lana or Captain Sam?
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:54 am

AEF wrote:Lana would have had a phone in the to spoil her dates with DM right? It had to be producers. Producers also did it with both M&G's this year as well. It makes Lana as F1 seem scripted.
It certainly does. It's why I am surprised no media has put that out there yet. If anyone could be seen as planted/a mole it would be Lana.

Then again, Daily Mail is the one releasing this info and since they spoiled the dates of Lana while filming was going on then they won't be the one's to call her a plant/scripted since they are in on it.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:16 am

Lana staring at someone at next RC (next Wed's episode) which determines the 4 girls going on HTDs. I would think she was directing the stare at Nina who was bent on outlasting all the intruders....only if Nina knew Lana was in it to win it (sport metaphor here peeps, not throwing shade) laugh out loud

Source

Last edited by mercieme on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:19 am

Maybe it is just me, but Lana looks very different in photos than on TV?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:21 am

I agree, she looks younger in the IG pics that have been posted of her than on TV IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:13 am

Found one of Lana's blogs and other information on her trip to Cambodia.

Inspired by San’s post-cardiac surgery care, Lana Jeavons-Fellows joins Open Heart International

Lana Jeavons-Fellows worked in corporate communications at the Sydney Adventist Hospital for close to three years telling the stories of its humanitarian aid organisation, Open Heart International (OHI), but she never imagined that she would one day volunteer with the team.

Open Heart International has travelled to developing countries around the world since 1986 providing more than 5,000 free cardiac, ophthalmic, orthopaedic and women’s health surgeries. The stories of these doctors and nurses from across Australia who donate their time, skills and annual leave and who give the most precious gift of all, life, are inspiring.

Lacking clinical expertise but determined to support these incredible humanitarians in some other way, Ms Jeavons-Fellows climbed Mt Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Southeast Asia.

After raising $3,500 from her climb, Ms Jeavons-Fellows was invited by Open Heart International’s project co-ordinator, Fiona Hyde, to join the OHI cardiac team in Cambodia as an ‘arts and crafts coordinator’.

“So before I knew it, I was at the charity-run Angkor Hospital for Children in Siem Reap meeting some of the volunteers and patients I had heard so much about.” The team was made up of 21 volunteers including surgeons, a perfusionist, a physiotherapist, anaesthetists, and theatre, intensive care and ward nurses. During the seven-day visit, the team expected to operate on as many as 15 children who suffered from heart conditions like holes in the heart and who would otherwise die.

“Armed with pens, pencils, stickers and colourful paper and having prepared a range of crafts, it was my job for the week to get the children excited about getting out of bed, and to make them smile,” Ms Jeavons- Fellows said.

Life-saving surgery

“I was particularly excited to meet a previous patient from 2013, seven-year-old Vath, who had captured the hearts of the team with his cheeky smile and playful demeanour. For children like Vath, whose parents are rice farmers and earn around $7 per day, these activities were special, but more importantly they were fun physiotherapy. Children need to be active as quickly as possible post open-heart surgery as it helps with their recovery.”

Ms Jeavons-Fellows said seeing the joy on the children’s faces 48 hours after surgery as they coloured-in pictures, when they would have been in physical pain, was magic. Vath was born with a rare and complex congenital heart defect known as Tetralogy of Fallot and wasn’t going to survive into adulthood without open-heart surgery.

His condition, which in Australia is identified and repaired at birth or early infancy, involves four heart defects: a large ventricular septal defect, pulmonary stenosis, right ventricular hypertrophy and an overriding aorta. It occurs in approximately five in every 10,000 babies. In Cambodia there is limited free access to cardiac treatment and without Open Heart International, Vath wouldn’t have had a chance at living a normal life.

When the team first met Vath he had bluish-coloured skin, clubbed fingers and toes and extreme shortness of breath. It was clear his heart wasn’t supplying enough oxygen to the blood. He desperately needed surgery, but the team was afraid he was too weak to survive such an invasive procedure.

During Open Heart International’s trip in 2013 they decided to maximise his chance of survival by correcting one of his four conditions with a BT shunt to get him well enough for full corrective surgery this year.

Vath’s second open-heart operation was long and complicated. “We were all praying for a positive outcome during the five-long hours he was under the knife,” Ms Jeavons-Fellows said. “During his procedure it showed how much the patients meant to the volunteers. It wasn’t just routine, or their job. The genuine care, compassion and love was moving. That care is what drives them to volunteer year after year.” Thanks to Open Heart International, Vath pulled through and is well on his way to a full recovery and living a healthy and normal life.

Ms Jeavons-Fellows said 11 other children also had their lives saved “thanks to these great unsung Aussie heroes”. “Now when I tell the stories of these incredible volunteers, I can really understand why they call themselves ‘Open Heart’ International. It’s not just a surgical or anatomical reference, it is the way they live their life.”
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kapiti Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:31 am

So beautiful Elon, I really enjoyed the read & learning more about her. Seems to be the kind of woman who would come onto Bach with genuine intentions & an 'open heart'. giggling
This really closes the door on the idea that she's the type of woman that could could be in any way 'scripted' imo.
Nice seeing how fresh and down to earth she looks without makeup too!

Kapiti

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:39 am

Thank you ElonM!
I read her blog some time ago and I respect her a lot for her humanitarian work. It´s something so rare for young people nowadays. That`s the reason why I don`t see her as a fake or as a woman who seeks to promote herself. I think she is a class act.
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 am

cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by natik Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:30 am

OMG ElonM that`s pure gold. Did you saw the other pics? There are a lot of pics from the F3 date on May 6.
natik
natik

Back to top Go down

Post by Kapiti Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:39 am

ElonM wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl

ELON!! Top sleuthing!!! Lana's F3 date is there!! So good to see little moments that didn't make it to our tv screens!

Kapiti

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 34 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Lana Jeavons-Fellows

+24
djogbenyuie
snowyglow12
notarose
HodanG
GiveMeARose