SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 51 of 73 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 62 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Max64 wrote:Does anyone know if Shawn is working right now?  I know he quit his job, but anyone know what he plans on doing for a living?
Probably what most of many bach nation do: nothing until they get something thrown their way from the show. (something promotional)

Yeah, that's what I'm curious about. I wonder why he wouldn't continue as a trainer until something else came along? 8-10 weeks isn't that long to be gone and most clients are okay with working with someone else or going solo for a few weeks in their absence.

Kaitlyn lives in Vancouver correct? I'm sure she's unemployed as well, so I wonder what and where these two will go and do? I seriously hope not Los Angeles!

Back to top Go down

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 51 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:10 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:I'm behind. What email are you guys talking about? Signed Bachelor, Shawn. I don't have a clue ...I skipped over the wondéring first time it was mentioned. I decided to ask this time
Thanks in advance.

watchthefeet - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 51 29ql7de

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:07 pm

Thanks, Max, for bringing that over!!

(I know something you do not know; I am not left-handed. Hugesmile )
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:14 pm

Still don't get the big deal about him referring to himself as Bachelor Shawn. That's what all the guys are on the show and they are described as such. Plus from what seen of him on SM it appears he has a dry sense of humor

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:19 pm

isittrue wrote:Still don't get the big deal about him referring to himself as Bachelor Shawn. That's what all the guys are on the show and they are described as such.  Plus from what seen of him on SM it appears he has a dry sense of humor
None of the other guys sent out emails and signed them Bachelor whatshisname.
If one can see his dry sense of humor from SM then why not his sense of entitlement from unfiltered moments on the show?
Or his many pics with ladies and one with her legs around him?
But those pics are just TPTB controlling/manipulating him it seems.
And even then, when he is being manipulated by TPTB it somehow is seen as not his fault either, despite his going on a show to find a girl when he obviously has no problem in that department even now as an "engaged" man.
Imo, it's amusing how this guy's "good" behavior is seen as who he is and his not so great behavior is somehow just misconstrued/TPTB/etc.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
isittrue wrote:Still don't get the big deal about him referring to himself as Bachelor Shawn. That's what all the guys are on the show and they are described as such.  Plus from what seen of him on SM it appears he has a dry sense of humor
None of the other guys sent out emails and signed them Bachelor whathisname.
If one can see his dry sense of humor from SM then why not his sense of entitlement from unfiltered moments on the show?
But  those pics are just TPTB controlling/manipulating him though it seems.
And even then, when he is being manipulated by TPTB it that somehow is seen as not his fault either, despite his going on a show to find a girl when he obviously has no problem in that department even now as an "engaged" man.
Imo, it's amusing how this guy's "good" behavior is seen as who he is and his not so great behavior is somehow just misconstrued/TPTB/etc.

Well to be fair we never saw any or every email that went out from the other guys to know how they signed it laugh out loud. Really though no one is perfect and I certainly am not saying Shawn is. He has his faults, all do. I try to give every contestant the benefit of the doubt, even the perceived villains, knowing this is Tptb we are dealing with. I just think the Bachelor Shawn is not that big of a deal. Should we question the guy who is named the next bachelor intentions too?

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:00 pm

To be fair, IMO that signature was just a guy excited for his new journey!

Now if he sends out resumes 6 mos from now with same sig, I have the right to totally have a new outlook about such a signature.

PS these emoticons work half the time for me!

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:17 pm

^^ Yes. Question them all. laugh out loud Lord knows love is not the main reason anyone goes on this show, good guy or not.

And again, we never saw the other emails because they weren't sent out and spoiled for us to see nor are there photos of the other guys with girls all over them while they are engaged. No doubt Shawn has no intention of going back to whatever he was doing before. Nothing wrong with that or any of the guys that do this for fame and fortune. They all do it for that reason. If only that was how it was viewed for everyone. But, like I said, Shawn is still going to come out of this a winner, no matter what (even if he doesn't stay with K). I guess he could thank Nicholas Sparks and Ryan Gosling for some of that. He will be fine. laugh out loud jmoaa
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:50 am

isittrue wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
None of the other guys sent out emails and signed them Bachelor whathisname.
But  those pics are just TPTB controlling/manipulating him though it seems.
And even then, when he is being manipulated by TPTB it that somehow is seen as not his fault either, despite his going on a show to find a girl when he obviously has no problem in that department even now as an "engaged" man.

Well to be fair we never saw any or every email that went out from the other guys to know how they signed it laugh out loud.  Really though no one is perfect and I certainly am not saying Shawn is. He has his faults, all do.  I try to give every contestant the benefit of the doubt, even the perceived villains, knowing this is Tptb we are dealing with. I just think the Bachelor Shawn is not that big of a deal.  Should we question the guy who is named the next bachelor intentions too?

ITA, I think when we deeply dislike someone, all we see is bad, nothing good at all, and I think this is the case about Shawn.
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:53 am

mprssdbyu wrote:To be fair, IMO that signature was just a guy excited for his new journey!

Now if he sends out resumes 6 mos from now with same sig, I have the right to totally have a new outlook about such a signature.  

PS these emoticons work half the time for me!

:yes: Good Post
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:04 am

To be honest, before I started watching the show, I had saved up the first six episodes and actually had no plan to watch for a while, I was excited for Kaitlyn and Shawn. She seems so happy in pics with him and very soft with him.

It is watching his behavior on the show that has turned me off. I don't know if he has male RBF, but he looks mad all the time. And his voice does nothing for me at all. Then I admit, his juvenile behavior when Nick came on the show, not saying Nick name until they got to Ireland, really? His basically trying to tell Kaitlyn in New York to not give Nick a rose. Then his getting mad that Nick was kissing her at the SA cocktail party, when he himself could have gone up there a lot sooner? Nick and Kaitlyn actually talked for a while before they started kissing. If you love this girl and think she is the one and you see a guy walking out and leaving, why don't you go check on her immediately and make sure she is okay? If Kaitlyn was talking to Nick and saw Shawn walk up, I bet she would have at minimum made sure that Shawn was part of the conversation if not just asking Nick to leave. So his fault IMO.

Then the behavior when Jared got the GDR, I don't care if he is drunk and trusted the producers, to me drunk people tend to show who they really are and Shawn was possessive and a little mean. Over a group date rose, I mean really? I could have excused it if it was over the Nick sex, because I get it, she said you were her one and she has sex with another guy. You can get a little mad and want to talk to her, but it was a silly rose for goodness sake.

So for me, each week watching Shawn show what kind of a guy he is makes me like him less. I still want him for Kaitlyn if that is what makes her happy, but to me he is the Box of Rocks.

BTW, even though I am a Nick Chick, I am happy that Kaitlyn doesn't chose him. I think they would not have made it long term and he is better off not going through a TB break up.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:14 am

Indeed. In fact the episode description for a recent episode had the following descriptions of the episode:

Some bachelors will be making their last stand at the Alamo
one hopelessly romantic bachelor
this jealous bachelor
bereaved and bemused bachelors

IMO the notion that Shawn signing his email "Bachelor" Shawn indicates he has aspirations to be "the bachelor" is a bit of a stretch. He might - but that doesn't prove it because a "bachelor" on the show is not the lead - just a contestant on The Bachelorette. In my mind he's just joking that he's going to be a contestant on the upcoming season of The Bachelorette - and nothing more than that.

IMO the fact that Shawn left his job (he might have had to because they wouldn't give him a leave so it was drop out of the show or quit his job) may actually work to his benefit and the benefit of the couple. I think that the successful couples from the franchise have come from situations where one or both of them really haven't nothing much going and are able to start a new career (and mostly a new life) that doesn't conflict with the other. Des had nothing much going so it was easy for her to leave it and go to be with Chris who wanted to continue doing what he was already doing. Marcus and Lacy explored several different options and found something they could both do when they would be married. Sean and Catherine both found new avenues to explore because they both pretty much left what they were doing before the show. Same for Jason and Molly.

In the case of Kaitlyn and Shawn - neither of them had much of a career before the show and both may be very open to taking advantage of whatever opportunities comes their way so all they really have to do is make sure each has an option in the same city. Sort of like what Sean and Catherine have been able to do.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 73 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 62 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11