SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 58 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

kaitlynBristowe - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 58 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Thu May 21, 2015 10:38 am

Alanna wrote:
bleuberry wrote:
Alanna wrote:Kait just tweeted this link, responding to the "sl*t-shaming" (can we say that term here or does it get blocked?)-- http://www.eonline.com/videos/235664/kaitlyn-bristowe-responds-to-social-media-sl*t-shaming

I feel like the only fan who has trouble getting onboard not because I want her to be some sort of Charlotte Bronte, 1840s-style "demure" lady, but because I feel like she did it to make herself seem fun and interesting to the men, as if that's the only thing that makes them want to stick around. Otherwise, I could not care less if she wanted to do her 25 men, and all the 25s of the previous Ettes and 1/2 of the production crew.

I'm conflicted too because while she says she isn't ashamed and is a good person, her body language (burying her head in her hands, crying) tells me othersise. If she takes it all in stride like her usual funny and free-spirit self, then I will change my mind about this season. But right now it just feels kind of depressing and sad, and I'm wondering if we have her misunderstood. 

Obviously I'm reading into the preview and maybe she actually doesn't spend an extra minute thinking about it, who knows.
You always get me, Bleu heartbeat

I'm hoping the best for Kait here, expecting the worst laugh out loud laugh out loud

kaitlynBristowe - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 58 1377737533

I think and hope in the end that she'll come off as real, honest, and learn a lot about herself. Which I guess is more important than a 5 month boyfriend laugh out loud.

kaitlynBristowe - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

kaitlynBristowe - The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 58 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 21, 2015 10:46 am

Kashathediva wrote:She is simply being true to who she is. I don't think it's anything more or less.

IA - To those that sleuthed her during Chris's season, knew that long time ago. I think the crying is because she feels bad for the other guys and realizes it was a dumb move. But she's right, this secret that no one talks about, has happened more times than not, and suddenly it's a big deal.

I don't agree with it, not my type of morals, but looking at it from the outside, I give her credit for being honest. It happens, and those that participate and hide are telling a different story IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikesgirl83 Thu May 21, 2015 10:57 am

No one can "shame" you unless deep down you know you should be ashamed, not sayings it right or nice for people to call her a sl*t but if you don't want to be called a sl*t maybe you shouldn't act like one

Mikesgirl83

Female Posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 am

dedré wrote:If it was Britt who did this people would be calling her a sl*t for sure but because it's Kaitlyn it's Ok she can do whatever she wants Uhm ok  #hypocrisy.
By the way I don't care if Kaitlyn had sex with Nick or any of the guys it's her body and it's 2015 anyone who's offended by it must take several seats

Not me... As long as you're not married, no judgement from me...

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 11:33 am

I would not call Britt a sl*t as long as she is not married. When you are married then it is different.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 21, 2015 11:33 am

dedré wrote:If it was Britt who did this people would be calling her a sl*t for sure but because it's Kaitlyn it's Ok she can do whatever she wants Uhm ok  #hypocrisy.
By the way I don't care if Kaitlyn had sex with Nick or any of the guys it's her body and it's 2015 anyone who's offended by it must take several seats

I don't think that's the case. Kaitlyn is getting a lot of flack over this. There is an eonline vid with a huge headline calling her the word I hate to use. So IMO it doesn't matter who the 'ette is, they would still be vilified. I don't see anywhere in the media outlets claiming it's ok. Those who support K will give their positive opinions, others will disagree with her behaviour.

If you're talking about this forum, there are opinions agreeing and those disagreeing. It wouldn't be any different here if it was Britt. JMHO

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Thu May 21, 2015 11:36 am

The thing is Britt wouldn't do what Kaitlyn did. The two girls are fundamentally different in that way. Not that one is better than the other, just two completely different set of values and personality.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 am

I would like to chime in on the s***shaming matter ... apart from the show ... so I'll tell you my personal story from high school years:

I went to private Catholic HS (and I'm not even religious), where we had a strict dress code (but not an uniform) and behavioral rules ... and lots of girls (more than guys) were trying to disobey those ... most girls had boyfriends and they viewed on sex as something "the adults" do ... so those who wanted "to grow up fast" and show their maturity (or so they thought) they did it. I was viewed as a baby, immature one, because I was single and sex wasn't on my mind. In my junior year I noticed that one girl was always alone, left out from all the "groups" that had formed among girls, so I approached her and once I found out the reason for her not being accepted in "our" groups, I was shocked. She was treated as a "sl*t" because she had sex with her first boyfriend and she talked about it. Yes, you read it correctly, she wasn't bragging about it, she simply had an honest conversation with other girls about what she liked (or didn't) ... and that was not acceptable.
Now who was the immature and shameful in this story?
Let me tell you that this girl turned out to be one of my best friends. She's honest to a fault, open and mature, respectful and mostly responsible and caring of others. She was also the first one of all to get married and start a family and today she's a mother of 3 wonderful kids and a loving husband. But she also was the one who always knew what she wanted and she went for it. She dared to be herself. That's why I adore(d) her and respect her so much.
I on the other hand had very different approach when it came to sex, mostly due to my own problems and insecurities, so it wouldn't be fair to judge others through my own point of view and aspect of comfort.
I'm the advocate for women's choice when it comes to their sexuality and sexual life.
But I also think, that you should be able to talk about it if you're gonna act upon your "feelings". And I appreciate people who speak out, than those who pretend that they don't do such a thing, when behind close doors they might be much worse.

It was shameful of those who "labeled" Andi last year for her choice and it is shameful this time for those who call K names.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by whateva Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 am

Idk. If I was a family member of a contestant seeing what she did on the show, I wouldn't want that contestant to end up with Kaitlyn personally. You have to handle yourself with class on national tv no matter what. I dont care if she did that with 30,000 guys outside of the show. But on the show is disrespectful to the guys. During the fantasy suite there are 2 other guys, but in her situation, it looked like there were maybe 5 guys left.

whateva

Female Posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu May 21, 2015 11:52 am

Alanna wrote:Kait just tweeted this link, responding to the "sl*t-shaming" (can we say that term here or does it get blocked?)-- http://www.eonline.com/videos/235664/kaitlyn-bristowe-responds-to-social-media-sl*t-shaming

I feel like the only fan who has trouble getting onboard not because I want her to be some sort of Charlotte Bronte, 1840s-style "demure" lady, but because I feel like she did it to make herself seem fun and interesting to the men, as if that's the only thing that makes them want to stick around. Otherwise, I could not care less if she wanted to do her 25 men, and all the 25s of the previous Ettes and 1/2 of the production crew.

I like her even more after seeing this interview. She had great honest answers to the questions and it does seem that there is a double standard where sex is concerned for men and women. I can't wait to see how this unfolds. I still think the ending will be different than the spoilers....fasten your seatbelts.

PS Also, she is stunning.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 21, 2015 12:01 pm

The bottom line is we actually don't know the specifics of what happened. 
The preview leads the viewers to believe one thing. SEX. Sex sells. It's a great hook to keep people watching the season. It's a great hook to keep people talking. Look at the talk 48 hour later.
My take: TPTB love drama. They want talk. They need ratings. 
So I will reserve drawing any conclusion to what actually happened.  Having sex with someone is a far cry from spending time with them alone in a room and being caught by another man or production.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by jello1592 Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

I don't think that's the case. Kaitlyn is getting a lot of flack over this. There is an eonline vid with a huge headline calling her the word I hate to use. So IMO it doesn't matter who the 'ette is, they would still be vilified. I don't see anywhere in the media outlets claiming it's ok. Those who support K will give their positive opinions, others will disagree with her behaviour.

If you're talking about this forum, there are opinions agreeing and those disagreeing. It wouldn't be any different here if it was Britt. JMHO

The best part about this forum is that people are allowed to express their opinions. It is natural for people to disagree, but that's the world we live in.

Romans 8: 37-39
PINKHEART
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 81 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - #4 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Discussion

+82
paperpromise
pavalygurl
dw_a_mom
nd4reality
robinvi
Al
Nonina430
Brill
Cecilia
kdawng
Beeleever