SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 41 of 52 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by anOldBMW Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:11 am

What a reunion! To me at least Jac and Ryan R are the only somewhat normal of the bunch. Ryan D did exactly what he did on the show, Sean did exactly what he did, Davina acted like she did on the show and Jessica was doing wonders until she gave Ryan D the $100. Other than that, and trust me I understand that she was very angry, she was wonderful.

Jaclyn and Ryan R were on the right path, but the show ended and Ryan just didn't do the effort. He's not a bad guy, not an evil guy (when compared to Ryan D at least) but Jaclyn clearly deserved someone better. She probably said yes to something else and was edited to look like she was giving it another chance. At least they both ended in good terms, or as good of terms as you can end a marriage. The other two couples? Speechless.

Also, we kept hearing a lot about Ryan R's girlfriend and how that ended things with Jaclyn. Was the original poster referring to Ryan D or did this show did some wonders with editing that they made it seem like Ryan R was not involved with someone else? I would imagine Jaclyn would have brought up Ryan R's girlfriend if that was the case.

Anyway, it's nice to have closure on that show. Too bad no one found true love. I'm glad Jaclyn and Ryan are in a better place even if it is apart from each other, and I'm glad the girls developed a friendship and are still working at it. Also that thing Ryan D mentioned about the guys also having a bond? Yeah right!

anOldBMW

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mrbored Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:35 am

Herefornow wrote:Jamie is going in overdrive protecting the show. It's really sad.

Your comment made me check out her Twitter feed and I noticed she tweeted something about the sanctity of marriage or some BS.  This coming from a woman who was on THE BACHELOR!

mrbored

Back to top Go down

Post by sunchick116 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:42 am

i don't think the fact that she was on the bachelor negates that argument. the fact of the matter is all these reality shows are basically 'arranging marriages', and arranged marriages are the oldest in the book. choosing your spouse only came in the last century or so.

i still would like to know what ryan r actually did because now jaclyn has taken to RTing crap about him. *sigh*

sunchick116

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbored Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:44 am

anOldBMW wrote:What a reunion! To me at least Jac and Ryan R are the only somewhat normal of the bunch.

anOldBMW wrote:Jaclyn and Ryan R were on the right path, but the show ended and Ryan just didn't do the effort. He's not a bad guy, not an evil guy (when compared to Ryan D at least) but Jaclyn clearly deserved someone better.

I don't know..I think Ryan R is a pretty bad guy.  True, compared to Sean and Ryan D's issues his don't seem as severe but I think he hurt Jaclyn immensely.  He wasn't honest..same as Sean and same as Ryan D.  He knew Jaclyn hadn't been in a relationship in 7 years and hadn't had sex in years and she even told him that once they have sex she is going to get very attached to him.  And what does he do? He sleeps with her and then basically dumps her.  as soon as they slept together on the show he checks out. He doesn't go with her to Florida on her work trip even though it was mentioned that he could.  He says he needs time alone. When she returns from the trip she even said he didn't call her once while she was away.  He also starts complaining that she wants too much sex, etc.  So I just think he played and used her.  I think he's a real live jerk.  Its just the show edited him better than the other two and Jaclyn was too nice to call him out on all his BS. All my humble opinion of course.

mrbored

Back to top Go down

Post by Raingirl Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:49 am

I recorded the show in case I wanted to watch it even though I was pessimistic that I would. After reading all the posts here tonight, I'm going to delete it. I'm so disgusted with the "experts". I can't buy what they are trying to sell the viewers about the vetting they claim was done this season. This was such a train wreck that there is no way I'm watching season 3.

I agree with the posters who think that none of the men really seem ready for marriage. They certainly  don't seem ready to do the work required to be a true partner. I like Jacquelyn and Jessica and hope they both find the partners they are looking for. I don't know what to think about Davina. I do think she got a harsh edit and was treated unprofessionally by the experts. But...not sure she can compromise enough to build the marriage she thinks she wants. JMO.

Raingirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sunchick116 Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:50 am

again, it goes back to the matching. s1 couples were even keeled. jamie and doug have similar temperaments, cortney and jason as well. jaclyn and ryan are WAY different, and ryan and jessica are WAY different. with ryan r it's a case of be careful what you wish for. he wanted someone to 'bust his chops' and when she did, it made him nuts.

sunchick116

Back to top Go down

Post by mrbored Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:53 am

sunchick116 wrote:i don't think the fact that she was on the bachelor negates that argument. the fact of the matter is all these reality shows are basically 'arranging marriages', and arranged marriages are the oldest in the book. choosing your spouse only came in the last century or so.

It's just my opinion that anyone that would go on the Bachelor does not take marriage very seriously. That show is the worst of the worst! Their track record is abysmal. I just found it self righteous and nauseating that she would tweet that along with a picture of her and Doug acting as though they have this great marriage. I doubt they do. I think she's nutty personally and I think she would have married anyone on any show. So I think she would have married "the bachelor" had he asked her or some random dude on the bachelor pad had he asked her,etc. Doug was just the unfortunate one to get stuck in an arranged marriage with her. My opinion only..but I think she's whacko.

mrbored

Back to top Go down

Post by JCB Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:02 am

I can't help but wonder why Jaclyn and Ryan had been so flirty on social media.

JCB

Female Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 am

Well I only watched the last 30 minutes and that was enough! I might catch up later but man what a waste of a season. Based on all these posts seems there was lots of editing done regarding the Ryan's! Bravo to the poster who clued us all in!

I am disappointed that Ryan and Jaclyn couldn't make it work but seems it's for the best based on what she said. Glad they were civil to each other during their reunion. Are they still friends, probably not.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 1f49c

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 8367-910 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 I_got_13 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 E5kqdm15 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 41 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by justlistening Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:57 am

Am I the only person who feels like they just watched a different show from the previews? It just seemed strangely edited from the reactions of the experts (I'm referring to their eye rolls and body language); it looked like they were reacting on cue...to Kevin moving on quickly from one question to the next.

My take on Sean and Davina is that I'm not convinced that the reason he acted the way he did is because he's gay. I think he's just a liar as Davina said and not ready for commitment. If they only spent 10 days together over the 6 weeks, I can't see how Davina could have had any other reaction to Sean. That's why everything looked so forced between them as the weeks went on. He tapped out, and she had to pretend that they were still working on things when they weren't, and it made her look bad because she couldn't hide how she really felt about it. Not everyone can pretend like there was an effort being made, and that's what Sean did in his talking heads and with the experts. He made it sound like he was still in it when he wasn't, and Davina knew the truth and maybe couldn't say anything. On screen he makes it sound like he was staying with her in NY half the week. The math doesn't add up. Just my take. What I can't figure out is why the experts supported him over her. Did the producers just really need a villain and Davina fit the bill? Anyone see that new show on lifetime UnREAL?

As for Jess and Ryan, I assumed they would cut any reference to the threat he supposedly made on mic, but if that happened during the show, why would Jess have hugged him? Ryan's excuse for the card was hilarious. Really? He has no control over who sends a card. The worst part is he didn't even try to hide it. I felt like they could have spent more time calling him out on the cheating. I was surprised that she called him a gambler. Where did that come from, and why did she want to give him the money? The editing just didn't make sense at times, because one wouldn't think from what was shown at the reunion that a restraining order would follow.

Jaclyn tweeted that she and Ryan are not together and never went to dinner. I didn't take their ending as giving it another try. She really looked hurt at the reunion. I really think she was falling in love with him and wanted it to work, but how many times can you allow someone to hurt you? None of the guys were ready for or invested in these marriages. The two Ryans bailed and didn't even live with their wives after they agreed to stay married. That's a huge fail on the experts. They won't admit that they screwed up the matches, because real psychological assessment would have highlighted the red flags. I guess we'll never find out how the guys were really vetted, but none of them were committed, so what other conclusions can we draw?

Last edited by justlistening on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

justlistening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:22 am

Justlistening, great post!

Back to top Go down

Post by luckydee Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:40 am

Even though it wasn't mentioned on the show, I believe it when the insider wrote that Ryan stayed at his mother's the whole time. The show made it look like he was staying at their apt when she was on her work trip.  Since he didn't feed her cat, it pretty much shows that he wasn't at their apt.

Thank you all so much for being so supportive and loving. It is very disappointing but Ryan just said what he thought I wanted to hear, with no intent of backing it up. He proved that when he didn't feed Mookie for the FIVE days I was in Key West. (Thankfully I had people go and take care of her.) Just goes to show how little he cared about me and my little furball. So I'm moving on with my life, staying positive, and sending nothing but love right back to all of you. You're helping me heal and I can't thank you enough!

https://www.facebook.com/JaclynMethuenMAFS

luckydee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 52 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
CynicalSofty
momof2dogs
makeupchick85
KallMeKaptious
TwinkleB13