SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 18 of 70 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 44 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 18 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 am

Diana wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:He's got the rest of his life to live on the farm. Shake it off Chris! I can't blame him though, I think they were tough on him, and some of the other scores are questionable. They keep panning to him.
They are over scoring a lot of them tonight which is dumb because they underscored Chris. He's going to go home next week.

No way is Chris going home next week....
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 18 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by KB_Mom Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 am

I want to see him shake those hips for Latin week. partytime

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:52 am

northernviewer wrote:Heard they're changing the name of the show ... Dancing with the Houghs no no

cantstopl No kidding....
Rolly
Rolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 am

lurker11 wrote:^^ I realllllly didn't like Allison last season. I think she was a little "all about me" for dwts, I always think she does a wonderful job on SYTYCD

What is SYTYCD?
Rolly
Rolly

Back to top Go down

Post by hteddy08 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:04 am

Rolly wrote:
lurker11 wrote:^^ I realllllly didn't like Allison last season. I think she was a little "all about me" for dwts, I always think she does a wonderful job on SYTYCD

What is SYTYCD?

So you think you can dance

hteddy08

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 am

I've never watched SYTYCD, appreciate everyone's opinions of her. I had no idea who she is.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:52 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
Maddy wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:I miss Maks.  hissyfit

That makes 2 of us!  Rolling Eyes

3 of us! I am happy Tony is there. He did great with Suzanne this week and also impressed with progress that Kim made with Shark. I was surprised by Michael Sam scores as I thought he looked a bit stiff.

Poor Chris looks like he was trying hard and has some ability but kept messing up steps. When judge commented on difficulty of choreography, I wonder if low scores was also slap on hand to Witney as she was definitely made to look super hard on him during intro. Both have huge fan bases so sure they are safe for a couple more weeks as I think Chris is middle of pack in terms of ability.

That said....way too much talent this season. Rumer and Ryker looked awesome as does Nastia, of course.

I would be fine to see Chris stay a few more weeks and then go. I hate when some overstay welcome due to fan votes and that is totally what happened with Sean. Love him and Catherine but he made me cringe for pretty much every dance he did.

For me, the fact that Chris did so poorly last night was a reflection of Witney and her ability to teach. If the choreography was too difficult for Chris, she as the instructor should have dialed it down. Her job is to "teach" dance but to also work with Chris' strengths and make him look good on the dance floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:59 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Well I'd  like to see Derek with someone who doesn't have any ability at all, to prove what his ability really is.

You and me and IMO a lot of other people as well. But I think we need to keep in mind a bit of cynicism, or maybe reality. Back when Sean went on DWTS a friend of mine uncovered a lengthy story (spread over hours of YouTube videos) done by a So You Think You Can Dance "star" that covered the inner workings of that show and a little bit of fall over to DWTS. The impression I got is that SYTYCD and DWTS are dancing competitions in the same way that The Bachelor is a show about finding true love. IMO they are first and foremost TV shows that seek to draw viewers and the actual fairness of the dance competition takes a back seat. In the case of SYTYCD if the producer liked you and you brought in viewers - you stayed around. If he didn't or you didn't then you didn't stay around. How well you could dance had much less of an effect on your survival than how well you brought in viewers.

Derek is a good dancer and a good choreographer but more than that - he has a certain fan base and he draws viewership and most of his fans want to see him do well, and so he does. He gets good partners because that keeps the fans tuning in. I suspect if he didn't get good partners then he wouldn't stay on the show and that would be bad for the "business" of show business.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:08 am

Max64 wrote:
For me, the fact that Chris did so poorly last night was a reflection of Witney and her ability to teach.  If the choreography was too difficult for Chris, she as the instructor should have dialed it down.  Her job is to "teach" dance but to also work with Chris' strengths and make him look good on the dance floor.  

I agree. I love Witney, but that choreo was really complicated for someone with no background in learning choreography. He already looked overwhelmed on Wednesday during their live rehearsal, so I wished she'd taken a hint a simplified it. Her youth is showing.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:32 am

Every once in awhile I'm reminded of why I love this show so much.
Last night was one of them. Rumer and Val, Nastia and Derek
Ryker and Allison Soooo good. It's only the second week. I thought
Chris was pensive, didn't think the judges were harsh, I didn't
understand "the only 4 days" Why did he only rehearse 4 days?
Was he injured? For those who feel Derek should be given someone
with no ability ( Amy Purdy ) she had no legs.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:38 am

^But Amy was an Olympian who had incredible body control and understood movement. That's different than getting someone who has zero ability or experience coming in.

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 18 87b72b10 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 18 86669110 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 18 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:46 am

I don't care if Derek is a draw. There have been other dancers who have a lot of fans but have had older or less athletic celebrities. I also don't like that he thinks he can get away with things like lifts and not sticking with the theme. I've always said he's their golden child and mostly treat him that way. I know they don't care about fairness but sometimes they go too far like the time a dancer/choreographer won the season (Nicole Sherzinger). Both are reasons why I seldom watch the show anymore.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15496

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 70 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 44 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers