SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 17 of 70 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 43 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 17 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:30 am

mtnlvr55 wrote:snipped..

no question she has star power but did she dance the dance she was assigned? This is what is upsetting: some people get away with doing whatever they want and are scored higher than others that are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

IA and what's with the distracting dancers all around her? I don't like that. Yes she's an awesome singer, she has an amazing career, she is wonderful, but IMO lets see scores on their performance, not who they are, or a show of respect for her career.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 17 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by hmbach Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 am

ElonM wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
ElonM wrote:I like Derek, its the producers I don't like.

They usually pair Derek with women that have some dancing experience or edge over the competition.

Why not give Mark Nastia and Derek Willow?

or Betsey Johnson or Wynonna Judd or Susanne Sommers

Exactly. I guess he's the star professional and he's there for ratings.

He's there for ratings and because he is talented and can dance (as can his partners usually). No one wants to watch bad dancing for 8 weeks.

hmbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:37 am

lurker11 wrote:Chris was not good.... but the choro was realllllly hard. I think Witney may have had a hard time bringing it down from last season.

This ^^. I love Witney, but she is such a powerhouse dancer and has only had Cody Simpson and Alfonso, both performers who could dance. She 's never had a total non-dancer she had to coach along and dumb down the routines for. I wa so impressed last week Chris kept up in such a fast routine. Tjis week, I think it was too much for him. We'll see if she adjusts next week, or let's him flounder.

It's going to be such a great season though. Hope TPTB let it happen and don't mess too much with what they want they outcome to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 am

I'm mostly a lurker but wanted to put in my 2cents I ballroom dance and also dance at competitions. (I dance at Fabian Sanchez studio, he was a pro dancer in season 6.) Ballroom dancing is one of the hardest things I've ever done. The practice sessions are really exhausting and sometimes you have 2 hour lessons. But it is also one of the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I take private lessons with him. Dancing ballroom isn't easy. I thought that Chris did pretty good during the first half of the cha cha but kind of lost it in the second half. I agree that he should have gotten higher scores.

Bluesky

Back to top Go down

Post by SafronSahara Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:58 pm

The shark Robert is smitten with his partner Kim. I think he's in love with her already.

Val is charming and attractive for sure, but I don't think Rumer likes him like that. It's so refreshing to watch after last season where Janel Parrish was obviously taken with Val.
SafronSahara
SafronSahara

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Ms. Patti, it's your birthday. We gon' party like it's your birthday. Whoop! So awesome seeing her groove!

Overall, I enjoyed the dances tonight and saw improvement in virtually every couple. One of my favorite things about this show is the times when the stars express tremendous gratitude for being there and for their pros. The pros are incredible.

Nastia and Derek's rumba deserved top seed of the night--gorgeous lines. Her downfall might be her lack of emotion (and chemistry with Derek) whereas Rumer's is the portrayed over-the-top confidence that will be misperceived as arrogance by many. Maybe it's all part of the girls' storyboards. I agree that her dance needed more cha cha; Val's keeping her in hold b/c her balance isn't there yet to independently dance. Still, a fierce dance.

Ryker and Michael continue to shine--just so fun! Though Mark's concept was good, the execution was ok. Loved Suzanne for workin' it!

Sad to see Emma go; she is a powerhouse dancer who deserves much better than she gets from the show. From the rehearsals this week, I expected that Foo would go. He wasn't working as hard as the others.  If Chris is doing the same, he might sign his fate.  

Truthfully, the competition is fierce this season simply b/c so many people want to stay and several stars are in the demographic of viewers, showing people that you're never too old to dance! Too early to call top 4 for me!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Loved Riker again tonight! Alison is an Amazing contemporary dancer with a capital A.

I miss Maks. hissyfit
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Bet2Win wrote:I miss Maks.  hissyfit

That makes 2 of us! Rolling Eyes
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:40 pm

TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 17 11056040_755329207907450_613669401_n
dwts20 pics of tonight
TeamSouleshakers - DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 17 11055539_950409374978690_143854357_n
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Maddy wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:I miss Maks.  hissyfit

That makes 2 of us!  Rolling Eyes

3 of us! I am happy Tony is there. He did great with Suzanne this week and also impressed with progress that Kim made with Shark. I was surprised by Michael Sam scores as I thought he looked a bit stiff.

Poor Chris looks like he was trying hard and has some ability but kept messing up steps. When judge commented on difficulty of choreography, I wonder if low scores was also slap on hand to Witney as she was definitely made to look super hard on him during intro. Both have huge fan bases so sure they are safe for a couple more weeks as I think Chris is middle of pack in terms of ability.

That said....way too much talent this season. Rumer and Ryker looked awesome as does Nastia, of course.

I would be fine to see Chris stay a few more weeks and then go. I hate when some overstay welcome due to fan votes and that is totally what happened with Sean. Love him and Catherine but he made me cringe for pretty much every dance he did.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:38 pm

Maddy, thank you for all the great pics here and in the No Discussion thread! yes

Bluesky wrote:I'm mostly a lurker but wanted to put in my 2cents I ballroom dance and also dance at competitions. (I dance at Fabian Sanchez studio, he was a pro dancer in season 6.) Ballroom dancing is one of the hardest things I've ever done. The practice sessions are really exhausting and sometimes you have 2 hour lessons. But it is also one of the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I take private lessons with him. Dancing ballroom isn't easy. I thought that Chris did pretty good during the first half of the cha cha but kind of lost it in the second half. I agree that he should have gotten higher scores.

Welcome1 out of lurkdom Bluesky! thank you for sharing your personal experiences. Hope you stick around!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I don't think Chris was THAT bad, they seemed tough on him. There have been some so much worse that made it so far, it was excruciating to watch. The scientist guy and many more.

ITA...didn't do as well as last week but he still is so much better than I expected. Sometimes having a bad week just pushes you to put a fire under it. Always hard to go first and a difficult routine. I still don't see him going home until somewhere in the middle. We all need to VOTE to support him...on line, house phone and cell phone if you have them!

Does it seem a bit incestuous with a judge and two of the dancers related? :uptonogood They are good dancers but still how can she be totally impartial? Maybe she doesn't even try.... no idea
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 70 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 43 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers