SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TEAMBRECCA - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 59 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:54 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:I think several of us here(this forum) have heard where the lead has gone over the heads of TPTB and went against the "suggested" grain of elimination order of F4-1 and or F1.
It's not something I can freely specifically reference, but can say the result was not pretty in final editing and/or way TPTB treated main and/or couple following the result.
So strong arming does take place.

Seems to me this season in particular TPTB did an excellent job of spacing out the story arcs for several of the highlighted women (Ashley S, Jillian, Kelsey,  Britt, Carly, Jade and, yes, Becca). Once the cast member's story "peaked" and TPTB squeezed out as much drama/good TV out of the cast member's storyboard, POOF ... the woman was either gone or given less screen time until they did leave.

Becca's story arc of Virgin who's never been in love ... IMO ... was only prominent in HTD, FS and then Finale/LCD. She was ideal for the F2 slot because 1) Kaitlyn had to go at F3 so she could slide into Bachelorette spot and, more importantly 2) the Virgin HAD to go to the Fantasy Suite where she could reveal her secret.

Remember, even Chris told us to "stay tuned" for that big reveal in three of his ABC sanctioned (and probably publicist written to ensure they stay on message) People Magazine blogs:

Blog Week 6: “Our connection was real, and it was strong. Now, at this point watching, Becca has told you all that she's a virgin. But keep in mind that's not something she had told me. You'll have to keep watching for a while to see how that unfolds!”

Blog Week 7: "Things definitely come to a head tomorrow, so you'll have to tune in to find out what happens. Also tomorrow, I head to the remaining four women's hometowns. How will I react to Jade's scandalous past? Will Becca tell me her secret? And whose family doesn't give me their blessing? It's all happening tomorrow night!"

Blog Week 8 : “Next week, I go to beautiful Bali with Becca, Whitney and Kaitlyn. Will Becca reveal her secret to me? Will we go to the fantasy suite together? You'll have to tune in to find out.”

ITA, they sure did! :yes:
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4304

Back to top Go down

TEAMBRECCA - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 59 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:55 pm

sde1041 wrote:There is NO WAY Becca was a storyboard IMO.
There were so many feelings still there between Chris and her at the ATFR, no way this was scripted. What I have seen on my screen was a man still in love with the woman who was just not ready to say ILY soon enough. That's too bad IMHO, because now he will have to try to fall in love with Whitney who was the good and safe pick on paper.
So many people noticed the same.
But the way Chris and Becca looked at each other on this live ATFR was certainly not part of a storyboard.
IMO.

There is nothing wrong with this POV. Many others are on board with this.
This is the way the show wants it season after season for people to believe in the controversy.  IMOAA. You can literally fill in the blanks with names season after season.
I guess until the couple comes forward and says this_____________is the way it was regardless of what viewers saw on the screen, people will still choose to see as they choose.
Even after couples come out and say _____________, there are still those that will believe the couple can get back together, really are meant to be with each other, blah blah blah.
MO is that of course, Becca and her virgin status was prime fodder and storyline, otherwise it would never have been brought up. MO she was a safe final 2. There I said it. She was not into him.  Jade was out when her status was discovered. Kaitlyn was out for 'ette. That left Becca. Becca left ok with being released. No tears. No hang wringing. Happy from day 1 after leaving. No issues. Chris no issues there.
Until recently there were and me are some still holding out hope for JODI. Sometimes it's hard to let go.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
There were so many feelings still there between Chris and her at the ATFR, no way this was scripted. What I have seen on my screen was a man still in love with the woman who was just not ready to say ILY soon enough. That's too bad IMHO, because now he will have to try to fall in love with Whitney who was the good and safe pick on paper.
But the way Chris and Becca looked at each other on this live ATFR was certainly not part of a storyboard.
IMO.

This is the way the show wants it season after season for people to believe in the controversy.  IMOAA. You can literally fill in the blanks with names season after season.
I guess until the couple comes forward and says this_____________is the way it was regardless of what viewers saw on the screen, people will still choose to see as they choose.
Even after couples come out and say _____________, there are still those that will believe the couple can get back together, really are meant to be with each other, blah blah blah.
MO is that of course, Becca and her virgin status was prime fodder and storyline, otherwise it would never have been brought up. MO she was a safe final 2. There I said it. She was not into him.  Jade was out when her status was discovered. Kaitlyn was out for 'ette. That left Becca. Becca left ok with being released. No tears. No hang wringing. Happy from day 1 after leaving. No issues. Chris no issues there.
Until recently there were and are some still holding out hope for JODI. Sometimes it's hard to let go.

I totally agree! That's one of the reason that I believe Becca was never going to be the F1 , imo the virgin status would have def been private, edited out and a whole different edit would have been shown. imo we can all agree to disagree that's what makes this place so great . :cutesmile!:
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:18 pm

IMO.

Its the inevitable "smoke and mirrors" narrative to enhance the illusion of the "fairy-tale/love story" for the F1 couple even when its so obviously not that way, IMO.

My dear, its not enough that Becca was F2. The whole relationship needs to be complete sham too, you got it?! giggling
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisbecca Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:25 pm

IMO.

I completely agree with you.  If you watch Becca and Chriss first 1on1, their 2nd 1on1, her hometown date, Bali, and then their LCD, it is an attraction and progression of a man and woman developing strong feelings for one another.  Im not going to say "falling in love" because on this crazy show its highly unlikely.  So i will say developing strong feelings for one another.  If anyone wants to believe otherwise, then they would have to believe Becca was a hired actress to develop chemistry with Chris....just for a storyboard. Trust me its crossed my mind that she was "acting", because some things dont add up.  But it is highly unlikely that she was acting, and that she would have been able to teach him how to be that "sexy" with her to create a story. I dont know what other word to use.....they have a strong chemistry between them.

Also, i dont believe when she left the barn when he said goodbye, that was the last time they spoke before ATFR.  IMO....They had each others number.....and talked after the show finished filming.

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:31 pm

Chrisbecca wrote:
IMO.

I completely agree with you.  If you watch Becca and Chriss first 1on1, their 2nd 1on1, her hometown date, Bali, and then their LCD, it is an attraction and progression of a man and woman developing strong feelings for one another.  Im not going to say "falling in love" because on this crazy show its highly unlikely.  So i will say developing strong feelings for one another.  If anyone wants to believe otherwise, then they would have to believe Becca was a hired actress to develop chemistry with Chris....just for a storyboard. Trust me its crossed my mind that she was "acting", because some things dont add up.  But it is highly unlikely that she was acting, and that she would have been able to teach him how to be that "sexy" with her to create a story. I dont know what other word to use.....they have a strong chemistry between them.

Also, i dont believe when she left the barn when he said goodbye, that was the last time they spoke before ATFR.  IMO....They had each others number.....and talked after the show finished filming.

Chris did not pick Becca. She is beautiful and has so much going for her...she will be terrific someday for someone but not for Chris. That ship has sailed. JMO.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Chrisbecca wrote:
IMO.

I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate this. Why do you think that?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Sprite wrote:
Chrisbecca wrote:
IMO.

I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate this. Why do you think that?

I have the same question - what makes you think they spoke between the end of filming and ATFR?  question Because that would really change my opinion of Chris and his personal integrity. ETA, if Becca encourage such conversations, it would change my opinion of her as well.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Chrisbecca wrote:
IMO.

If he were developing strong feelings for her then one might wonder why he would bring Whit to meet his friends instead of Becca? And why bring Whit to see his home and daily RL routine instead of Becca. Both girls were there in Des Moine that week and he picked Whit to do them with. Things that make you wonder. :headbanging
IMO if he was serious about Becca long term then all the more reason to take her on those dates to possibly make her feel more comfortable and make it easier for her to possibly fall in love. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:20 pm

If Chris and Becca spoke after the show I would believe it's because Becca and Whitney are friends not for any other reason. Chris dosen't strike me as the type to cheat or sneak around on his significant other. I'm sure they will both be friends with some of the girls post show. Many do, Heck Brooks was invited to Des & Chri's wedding and I'm sure Becca and a few others will be at Chris and Whitney's too. I personally think that's great and very mature of the contestants that went through this crazy whirlwind of a show. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:24 pm

sfrank wrote:
IMO.

Its the inevitable "smoke and mirrors" narrative to enhance the illusion of the "fairy-tale/love story" for the F1 couple even when its so obviously not that way, IMO.

My dear, its not enough that Becca was F2. The whole relationship needs to be complete sham too, you got it?! giggling

Yes, I know, right !

I believe the F1 couple relationship can only survive if the story between the lead and F2 is belittled, especially in this situation with strong feelings for the F2, acknowledged by the lead himself even after his proposal to his fiance.

After seeing Chris behavior at the ATFR, the difference between his emotions towards F1 and F2, I could imagine that if Becca had told him "I'm ready now", he would have jumped on her...
I would love to know what was going through Becca's mind at this time...because neither of them seemed done with the other at this time.
We can always compare with some other couples from this franchise, but it's the first time that, IMO, the lead seems more invested in his F2 than F1 at the ATFR.
That's why I really can't fathom the idea of Becca being whatsoever scripted...

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
IMO.

Until recently there were and me are some still holding out hope for JODI. Sometimes it's hard to let go.

I've watched almost every season of this show and don't remember a single lead who I thought was as into their F2 as Chris was into Becca. Well Jason obviously was, but I didn't watch that season. Chris and Becca just seemed to have a very obvious connection since the beginning and their relationship grew very naturally. Too naturally, which is why it got weird towards the end when they suddenly had to rush to the finish line. It's not natural to propose after 4 dates. But Chris just came alive around her and that can't be faked. He is a lousy actor and we all saw how he was around the women he wasn't really interested in. He seemed totally zoned out or really uncomfortable. That was never the case with Becca, on the contrary, he seemed really interested in her every word. Just because she happened to have a good storyline with the virginity thing doesn't mean she wasn't there because Chris really wanted her there. His feelings were so obvious IMO, and there were some lingering ones there even at ATFR. It was like she was the lead and he was the F2. When he spoke about Becca it came from the heart. "There's not much not to love about Becca." When is he ever that articulate? Quickly denying that it was about the chase and mentioning their "undeniable chemistry". I don't know why I'm even typing this, since it was so obvious to me.

That said, I totally get why he picked Whitney. It made all the sense in the world. She really is perfect for him (on paper) and they get along great and his family loves her. Throwing all that away to take a huge gamble on Becca would be near madness and the producers wouldn't have been very happy with it either. I felt like they were pushing Whitney on him with the super produced special dates and CH trying to put words in his mouth in Bali about being in love with Whitney, which he himself didn't feel right about saying. I'm just still not sure if he's truly fallen in love with her or if he's just trying to convince himself that he has. We'll see. It's not like I want him back with Becca, so I'm hoping for the best.

Oh and I don't think the edit of the finale was trying to lead us to think he picks Becca. Maybe the beginning, but then the rest of the episode was all about Becca not being able to give him what he wants and Whitney being the perfect pick. And the biggest editing trickery was used to build up the relationship with Whitney. They changed the order of the LCD's and left out all the good stuff out of Becca's. When Chris went to her room he was glowing and made some comment about the day being amazing. You could tell they'd had an awesome time and he was hoping she could give him some justification to pick her. Instead he got the opposite. His sister told him to push her for clear answers, so he did and it just left him even more confused. I loved that conversation though, because it was the most real thing I've seen on this show. But in any case, it was the night before the FRC and they conveniently hid that fact. That's pro Whitney editing. They wanted us to think the day with Whitney gave him all the clarity he needed, when it didn't.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz