SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 64 of 81 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by notarose Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Web series - sometimes they are commissioned by a TV network but often are just created after enough corporate funds have been collected to pay for production. If not commissioned, it will either be on her website or on a web series site or could be YouTube .  I doubt it will be pay per view because that could be disasterious. 

This season's Bette contestant, Jared, used to be in a detective web series. Also, there used to be a parody of the Bach/Bette that was a web series.  Was it called "looking for love"?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 64 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by sara11 Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks everyone for the clarification re web series! How much could she possibly be getting paid for this if its available freely?

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:20 pm

LOL, sounds exactly like what I was picturing. Didn't even make it to Bravo though. Hugesmile
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 pm

sara11 wrote:Thanks everyone for the clarification re web series! How much could she possibly be getting paid for this if its available freely?

It's been done before but on TV - "Courtney Loves Dallas"

Sponsors pay.  She wears their clothes, goes to their restaurants, uses Uber,, cooks with their products, appears with someone's cookbook, wears their lipstick, etc. it's endless really. If she then posts about it on SM or her website she basically fulfils her 1 off contract to advertise for them and gets paid.  Also, ads on the page where the web series is found. 

She could do it more cheaply using Periscope but then she wouldn't get free stuff or ad revenue.

Last edited by notarose on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:25 pm

I think it would reallyyy depend on who's paying for production for it...

some webseries have great sponsorship/product placement and ad deals 
"Dating rules from my future self" was one that ran for two seasons and had a lot of corporate backing. provided them with cleaning products, cars, clothes etc... It was produced very well and looked like it was done well enough for the small screen/tv channel
on the other end of the spectrum some webseries even use kickstarter to ask for donations to create their next season and it's shared on youtube...
since hers has a backer already I would say she gets a reasonable amount but def not in the bachette salary realm imho
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:29 pm

emusha wrote:I think it would reallyyy depend on who's paying for production for it...

some webseries have great sponsorship/product placement and ad deals 
"Dating rules from my future self" was one that ran for two seasons and had a lot of corporate backing. It was produced very well and looked like it was done well enough for the small screen/tv channel
some webseries even use kickstarter to ask for donations to create their next season and it's shared on youtube...
since hers has a backer already I would say she gets a reasonably amount but def not in the bachette salary realm imho

:yes:  There was a fan pic of her and Sharleen.  It looks like she has a full film crew so absolutely has a backer or is partly using her Bette salary.

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:35 pm

^^ Oh ok all interesting points. She got this lined up pretty quickly after her move.

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Rolling Eyes
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 pm

notarose wrote:
sara11 wrote:Thanks everyone for the clarification re web series! How much could she possibly be getting paid for this if its available freely?

It's been done before but on TV - "Courtney Loves Dallas"

Sponsors pay.  She wears their clothes, goes to their restaurants, uses Uber,, cooks with their products, appears with someone's cookbook, wears their lipstick, etc. it's endless really. If she then posts about it on SM or her website she basically fulfils her 1 off contract to advertise for them and gets paid.  Also, ads on the page where the web series is found. 

She could do it more cheaply using Periscope but then she wouldn't get free stuff or ad revenue.
NR the press release ^ made it sound like there is a backer for it already...?
I do think there's some sort of production backer for this show and it might even be affiliated with some sort of media house...I think she'd get some money out of it for being on the show... I think they'd even give perks or small payment for ppl who appear repeatedly like sharleen... they might have a conditional clause depending on how well it does 
it could be a wide range imho and the money from this type of show may not be nearly enough to cover living costs in a very expensive neighborhood in manhattan

I think we'll know more as we see more hints e.g. the presence of a production crew is a good hint...
how well they promote the show will be another hint about whether they would have a publicity team for it...etc.

ETA: oops saw your ^ post after I posted this NR!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:42 pm

sara11 wrote:^^ Oh ok all interesting points. She got this lined up pretty quickly after her move.

I would guess before she moved.  
Time would have been needed to line up some celebs and also events she has already been attending as I'm thinking some of that might be part of her web series as a lot of it is happening after the pic of her and Sharleen filming surfaced.

Also it has to happen quickly.  The new Bette airs in a few weeks.  That always trumps the old lead in terms of attention.  She has to be timely to keep her star shiny.

Emusha, :yes:

notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 pm

hahahaa Dorfman is the new Kardashian wannabe -- she beat Ashely I. to it!! bet Ashley's like she got Josh *and* this? dang it  Redfacemad

rofl rofl 

I guess her job title now is reality tv star - wonder if she wants to channel this to land a fashion tv deal? it's smart move if so and she starts networking with the fashion houses through this... they got nicole miller so I assume the media house that's backing this has a solid foundation/network but more is yet to be seen...

Last edited by emusha on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 pm

sara11 wrote: ^^ Oh ok all interesting points. She got this lined up pretty quickly after her move.
Actually, I would think this is the reason for her move to NYC. Filming a dating-fashion-food webseries in Atlanta may have been a bit tricky. She would have to dodge the ex-fiance that she met while filming a dating series - while wearing high fashion and dining on someone else's dime. Now why does this sound familiar?question

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 81 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 72 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis