SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 28 of 81 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by notarose Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:03 pm

^^^
I understand the concept of taking risks to follow your dreams however based on that premise I would choose Sharleen Joynt. 
 She has said she doesn't really like living in Germany however returns there whenever work becomes available because she needs to keep her name "out there" in opera circles and earn money.  Also, since moving to NYC she took an understudy position because that was all she could get and wasn't too proud to do what needed to be done to get her foot in the door. 
Sharleen has definitely capitalized on her appearance on The Bachelor and has smartly parlayed her blog into a paying job, without forsaking her opera career, with a column in Flare magazine. IMO she is a smart business woman who has capitalized on her fame without trying to sell goods to fans. I think that is admirable and is a testimate to her many talents. 

Andi not only was paid for her TV time but for about a year now has had opportunities afforded any lead of the show yet appears to be waiting for that something "big" that will elevate her.  Maybe that will happen, perhaps it will not.  It's great that she has ventured out alone to a new city however most people I know did that when they graduated from high school so it hardly warrants applause.  

I see nothing exceptional about her actions post-show.  Not a role model in my eyes.  Just someone who left 1 career and is moving on to next.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by KB_Mom Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:06 pm

ITA notarose. Andi would do well to be mentored by Sharleen.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Thanks for the info, notarose. I didn't know that about Sharleen. Good for her!

What Andi is doing is embarrissing, first with her laundry and now with the surfing. I hope no one who sees her as a role model tries surfing while being drunk. That could end badly.

I really hoped that Andi had some concrete plans when moving to NYC, but it seems that she's living off her parents and is more lost than ever, only now she feels alone, too. What I don't understand is who is paying for all her vacations?! Her parents?! I mean, recently she was in LA, Chicago and now Mexico and let's not forget her move to NYC. Maybe LA was paid by TBTB but what about the everything else? I hope it's not her parents or that she borrowed money from someone for that... It's just confusing to me. When one isn't working, they can't be travelling all over the place. I know I couldn't and I wouldn't let my parents for pay either or anyone else.

I'm just pretty disappointed in Andi, I don't like the way she is acting right now.

traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Bringing this from the BIP thread where it was brought up to this thread.  Discuss!

@Laudergirl wrote:
We can agree to disagree here. I don't believe Andi has lost her integrity. Sure, there are people out there and on this forum that aren't her biggest fans, for whatever their reasons. But to hundreds of thousands of her followers on both Twitter and IG, Andi is still respected and considered a role model. Just read the comments on her posts. You don't have to agree with them, but she still has plenty of admirers.  

Yes, she does seem to still want to stay relevant. And she does post a lot on SM. I just don't think putting herself out their for scrutiny again on BIP is what she would want. She can find other more productive ways to stay relevant to her fans in my opinion.

Per Whit90
"I  have heard this over and over that she is a role model and respected by so many that follow her . I would like to know how is she a role model when she does nothing but take selfies. MODS you can move this or delete it I am just soooo curious as why she is considered a role model."

You know, I think that this speaks more to the issues of our generation than any positive attributes that Andi has. The simple fact is that, by being conventionally attractive and moderately famous, Andi has become a role model for a lot of young people, many of whom dream of getting by in life without working very hard. Who doesn't want to make a year's salary for traveling and making out with guys for a couple of weeks? What these people don't realize is that this type of "success" does not last very long. In order to turn your Bachelor/ette gig into a full-time, long-term job, you do need initiative, a strong work ethic, and the ability to learn from your mistakes and endure failure. From what I've seen so far, Andi does not possess any of these traits.

She's lived a very privileged life, and is one of the few young people in this country who had the ability to throw away a decent paying job because of lack of "passion". As someone only a few years younger than Andi, I can safely say that most of us don't love our jobs. But, we have these pesky things called "student loans" and "bills" that don't allow us just to quit because we're not feeling it. Still. Andi now has the means to pursue her passion for fashion design. Yet, does she apply to design internships or fashion design school? Nope. The fact is that the people that look up to Andi Dorfman are the same type of people who idolize the Kardashians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:40 pm

Is think Andi really loves the idea of a Kardashian-style life - be seen, photographed, talked about etc. and make money for just bring famous, not for any skill or talent. Don't think that'll work out for her for long. She's obviously smart and can work hard towards a goal, so I hope she finds a passion the makes her happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by athensgal67 Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Wow.....got to say I'm right with all of you guys....and it is sad.  All we can do is hope that she will cross paths with people who can mentor her and help her to discover what she really wants to do.  I've witnessed a lot of young people flounder in their 20's.....I certainly did.  And I think we can all agree that Andi is a beautiful girl with a lot of charisma and intelligence who has the potential to do much with her life.  I think the thing that bugs me the most is the timing of it all.....why did she even do the Bach and Bach-ette if she knew she was floundering.  I think she didn't expect to meet someone like Josh.....someone she could have had a wonderful life with.  I just hate that she had to take him for a ride while she did a 180 with what she wanted in life.  She went on the show looking for love and so did he.....he went on specifically to meet her.  She found love with an incredible human being...her dream man.  And he thought he had found his wife and mother of his children.  She could have had it all.  How she went from being thankful for having him in her life and him being "her everything", wanting to be Mrs. Murray, have 3-4 kids, go back to law at some point, definitely stay in Atlanta.....to never mind about it all....I'm moving to New York to take kissy selfies and model on the street.....I have no words....I can only imagine how Josh must have felt, for months I imagine, when he realized his reality had gone up in smoke...
athensgal67
athensgal67

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:58 pm

athensgal67 wrote:Wow.....got to say I'm right with all of you guys....and it is sad.  All we can do is hope that she will cross paths with people who can mentor her and help her to discover what she really wants to do.  I've witnessed a lot of young people flounder in their 20's.....I certainly did.  And I think we can all agree that Andi is a beautiful girl with a lot of charisma and intelligence who has the potential to do much with her life.  I think the thing that bugs me the most is the timing of it all.....why did she even do the Bach and Bach-ette if she knew she was floundering.  I think she didn't expect to meet someone like Josh.....someone she could have had a wonderful life with.  I just hate that she had to take him for a ride while she did a 180 with what she wanted in life.  She went on the show looking for love and so did he.....he went on specifically to meet her.  She found love with an incredible human being...her dream man.  And he thought he had found his wife and mother of his children.  She could have had it all.  How she went from being thankful for having him in her life and him being "her everything", wanting to be Mrs. Murray, have 3-4 kids, go back to law at some point, definitely stay in Atlanta.....to never mind about it all....I'm moving to New York to take kissy selfies and model on the street.....I have no words....I can only imagine how Josh must have felt, for months I imagine, when he realized his reality had gone up in smoke...

Exactly! I don't mind people floundering and trying to find their true passion in life, I can relate. It's the fact that she jumped at the chance to be the Bachelorette, claiming she wanted a husband and a family, told Josh everything he wanted to hear to get him, and then once she had a rock on her finger, decided to start floundering. I have no doubt that that was the big issue in their relationship. Andi went from an independent lawyer ready to start a family to an unemployed and aimless wannabe celebrity. It just makes her seem even more phoney than she was during the season. She should've found herself before looking for a husband on national television, but I guess she needed the fame and money to ditch her ADA job and explore her options. I just find it kind of horrible how many people's emotions she toyed with in the process.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:30 pm

umngirl wrote:She legit just posted a selfie about going/attempting to surf while buzzed. Yup, definitely someone I want to be like. no no

Where did it indicate that she was buzzed??

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 pm

Jeepers wrote:
umngirl wrote:She legit just posted a selfie about going/attempting to surf while buzzed. Yup, definitely someone I want to be like. no no

Where did it indicate that she was buzzed??

@AndiDorfman · 2h 2 hours ago

This can't end well.. When buzzed will surf

fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 28 87b72b10 fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 28 86669110 fail - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 28 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:42 pm

It says .. This might not end well
Cowabunga dude

no idea

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Jeepers wrote:It says .. This might not end well
Cowabunga dude

no idea

Re the bold means when you have been drinking, you're not drunk but you're buzzing.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:13 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Jeepers wrote:It says .. This might not end well
Cowabunga dude

no idea

Re the bold means when you have been drinking, you're not drunk but you're buzzing.
[/quote]

She has now changed the IG to what Jeepers quoted above. Obviously thought better of saying she was buzzed!

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 81 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis