SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Screencaps Analysis Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 -  Chris Soules - Screencaps Analysis Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Screencaps Analysis Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Kashathediva wrote:So, let me get this straight: Chris' hand is in his pocket near Deadwood? Praying

Ah Kasha! Too funny.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 -  Chris Soules - Screencaps Analysis Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Screencaps Analysis Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Linds911 wrote:^ Yes agree with you there. They aren't going to any romantic countries? Deadwood? New Mexico? Not even allowing the girls to have that fantasy time with Chris but instead just right into reality "This is what your future with Chris will be like". :shocked!:

I feel completely opposite.  The travel and the countries, that is not real life.  They are actually trying to see who might fit into Chris's life.  I like that.  Most couples have said you really start the relationship and fall deeply in love in real life after the show.

I think he might actually want a wife and not just a fameho girlfriend, good for him.

Here's my dilemma. While I would like to see Chris succeed and find a wonderful woman, I still, as a viewer want the travel etc. I don't know what is going on this season. I really do not see Fleiss and company now finally deciding to make the show more like real life. I think there are plenty of cable reality shows which picture "real life" and do not draw the audience the Bach franchise does. TPTB make this show for the viewers, not the contestants. They want to have high viewership and therefore higher ad revenues. Honestly, the first four episodes were filmed within an hour of where I live. I've been to the badlands in SD so for me, New Mexico is the only "new" interesting place to see.

I like Chris, so I will watch, but I may not be entertained. laugh out loud

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:56 pm

atem wrote:Yeah, so far the pics from the hot air balloon show are the only interesting thing shown so far.  Doesn't anyone else think it odd that there have been no more tweets about the concert?

ITA atem.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Just my opinion, but my favorite first date of any couple was JP and Ashley.  The low key sit at home and watch movies and see if you actually like each other was the best to me.  If there is real love, you don't need the fanfare of the travel.

I think Chris with needing to live in rural Iowa needs to make sure any woman he chooses can handle it.  To me I am really happy that they are not going with all the fake stuff and instead giving the women a bigger chance to really get to know the life they would live in Iowa.  Just my opinion.  I was going to be disappointed if they didn't go to Iowa and Chris still got engaged.

I also loved Charlie's season and it was totally low key and about the people actually getting to know each other.  

Truthfully Andi's season killed my desire to see the out of country dates.  Her first date with Josh was nothing they couldn't have done in GA.  The date with Brian was ridiculous.  The mime group date, really that is the best TPTB can come up with for France?  I liked Nick's date in Italy as they actually saw something, but again the group date was so ridiculous, a lie detector test?  They were in Italy, what a waste!  Even the Cody date was a waste.  They did better in Belgium, but if this is the best they can come up with then I am good with staying in the US.  I like that the girls will see Iowa, I think it is romantic to fall in love in the place you will call home.

Truly, I look at JP and Ashley, Sean and Cat, and Des and Chris.  All had really sweet first dates and I think they would have been great no matter where they were.

Chris has enough money, that he can actually make his future wife feel special without of country trips where she won't be stuck with all the other women who were also trying to date the man she loves.

I'm guessing it's easy in Georgia to rent a ginormous sailboat, rent an antique car and have it take you to an historic palace for dinner and then have a private concert in its courtyard? laugh out loud

Kidding side, I'm in agreement. I know it might sound boring, but in the ridiculously fast paced environment that is the bachelor bubble, it's important for the girls to see what Chris' life could be like. Traveling to Europe or exotic locations won't do that. Going to South Dakota, New Mexico, and Iowa will certainly do that.

Ladybug would be the better one to answer this, as I believe is a native to GA and also lives in the coastal region. You can see stuff at these three sites. http://www.lilburnes.org/Students/Habitats/ocean.htm
http://www.coastalgeorgiaexperience.com/
http://visitcoastalgeorgia.org/

Also we have lots of antique cars in the state of GA. I have seen many, so yes, all those things they did in France could easily be done in GA.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:26 pm

I guess, the travel would a bigger draw to me, if they actually showed us the countries.  I feel like I go to see Belgium and a little of Italy with Andi, not much else.  

JPG went awesome places and had lame dates.

Even Des her European adventure was ho hum.

Emily was the worst, Scottish games in Croatia?  Please.

If TPTB actually did interesting things, then the travel would mean more to me.

At the end if I see a real relationship to me that is the better show, since if I want travel, I can go watch the the travel channel or nat geo and they actually show me the countries they visit.

And personally, New Mexico is one of the possible places for me to move, so I am looking forward to seeing any of it. And as a Southerner, Atlanta is the furthest north I have ever lived, I am excited for SD and Iowa.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:30 pm

This is a TV show, so you need a little travel to keep things interesting and reduce the temptation for the producers to invent drama.  As much as we want real couples to develop, nothing happens if the ratings don't happen.

I'm curious how they are going to spin this season, with strange dates like Costco.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:38 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Just my opinion, but my favorite first date of any couple was JP and Ashley.  The low key sit at home and watch movies and see if you actually like each other was the best to me.  If there is real love, you don't need the fanfare of the travel.

I think Chris with needing to live in rural Iowa needs to make sure any woman he chooses can handle it.  To me I am really happy that they are not going with all the fake stuff and instead giving the women a bigger chance to really get to know the life they would live in Iowa.  Just my opinion.  I was going to be disappointed if they didn't go to Iowa and Chris still got engaged.

I also loved Charlie's season and it was totally low key and about the people actually getting to know each other.  

Truthfully Andi's season killed my desire to see the out of country dates.  Her first date with Josh was nothing they couldn't have done in GA.  The date with Brian was ridiculous.  The mime group date, really that is the best TPTB can come up with for France?  I liked Nick's date in Italy as they actually saw something, but again the group date was so ridiculous, a lie detector test?  They were in Italy, what a waste!  Even the Cody date was a waste.  They did better in Belgium, but if this is the best they can come up with then I am good with staying in the US.  I like that the girls will see Iowa, I think it is romantic to fall in love in the place you will call home.

Truly, I look at JP and Ashley, Sean and Cat, and Des and Chris.  All had really sweet first dates and I think they would have been great no matter where they were.

Chris has enough money, that he can actually make his future wife feel special without of country trips where she won't be stuck with all the other women who were also trying to date the man she loves.

I'm guessing it's easy in Georgia to rent a ginormous sailboat, rent an antique car and have it take you to an historic palace for dinner and then have a private concert in its courtyard? laugh out loud

Kidding side, I'm in agreement. I know it might sound boring, but in the ridiculously fast paced environment that is the bachelor bubble, it's important for the girls to see what Chris' life could be like. Traveling to Europe or exotic locations won't do that. Going to South Dakota, New Mexico, and Iowa will certainly do that.

Ladybug would be the better one to answer this, as I believe is a native to GA and also lives in the coastal region.  You can see stuff at these three sites.  http://www.lilburnes.org/Students/Habitats/ocean.htm
http://www.coastalgeorgiaexperience.com/
http://visitcoastalgeorgia.org/

Also we have lots of antique cars in the state of GA.  I have seen many, so yes, all those things they did in France could easily be done in GA.

Good lord. There was no need to research this stuff. It was a joke laugh out loud

Hmm. I'm still 100% sure though that I'd rather go shopping, rent a beautiful sailboat, have a picnic overlooking incredible cliffs and the ocean, ride in an antique car and have dinner in a historic palace built in the 1800's and have a private concert in its courtyard in Marseille, France than in Georgia, but that's just me. I guess I was just confused as to how this date could have ruined traveling overseas for you in regards to the show. I get the lie detector test, but Josh's 1-on-1 in France? I thought it depicted Marseille nicely, which is what they want. But that's just my opinion.

I would selfishly want to be able to travel to Europe during the season, but again, I like that Chris isn't having an extravagant season traveling wise. It just makes sense. Sean didn't really either until the overnight dates began in Thailand. It worked out nicely for him and his ratings were good.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:54 pm

I am a long time fan of the show, since the beginning. The travel is really new, so while for some who came later it is a part of the show, for me it is a ratings ploy and the girls/guys are starting to come on the show now for the travel. Nikki said this herself.

I liked the bachelor because it was about relationships. I am not a Trista fan, but I loved watching her and Ryan. Andrew and Jen were real to me, at least for a little while, he really loved her. Meredith and Ian were the hottest couple of I have seen on my screen without all the over the top outfits and hot tubs, just two people with so much sexual chemistry they burned up the screen. Byron and Mary had a very long relationship and I think her alcoholism stopped them from marrying. Charlie and Sarah also had a very long relationship where the alcoholism just tore it apart.

These were real relationships, and I got to see them develop. Ashley and JP were awesome to watch too, but Sean and Cat developed so late, and they deflected Chris so much with Brooks that we didn't see as much of Des and Chris either. So for me the travel and other stuff, took away from watching these people fall in love and they did fall in love.

JPG was just weird, so I won't even go there.

As for Andi, it was painful to watch her with Josh, I spent the time saying to Josh, she isn't worth it. You shouldn't have to spend your time making up for other people's mistakes. So no, not a huge love story for me. Again that is just for me and not to start a fight with anyone who loved their love story.

This show is supposed to be about love. The exotic travel and such don't really add to that for me. I guess they can help with a lead I don't like, but then again, it didn't help me like Jake or Andi anymore than I did before.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by BuckeyeGal06 Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 pm

I don't personally care much if they do exotic travel locales. One of my favorite Bach seasons was Charlie's and all of those dates, except for the overnights, were local, home-grown dates. Makes it much more real that way. Maybe it'll even help Chris weed out some of the whackadoodles.
BuckeyeGal06
BuckeyeGal06

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Meredith and Ian were the hottest couple of I have seen on my screen without all the over the top outfits and hot tubs, just two people with so much sexual chemistry they burned up the screen.  

So many good memories!

But, even without a lot of travel in that season, their relationship WAS buried by production.  80% expected her to pick the other guy, and thought Ian was a sleaze.  We complained so much that season about the producers burying the love story and making Ian look bad, and wishing we could see what was left on the editing room floor.  It was like those of us who saw the relationship only saw it because of uncanny instinct.

If the producers used the cut back travel schedule to allow the lead and the contestants to actually spend some quality time together off camera, THAT would help the love story. But what are the odds?

The producers may play with the formula, but they still follow it.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:52 pm

So who's the girl in the band pic?

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:21 pm

RealityEscape wrote:So who's the girl in the band pic?

What band pic? You mean, the concert? RS hasn't released her name.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Screencaps Analysis Thread - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+77
Lucas15
Iowa_hawk_fan
Longhornfan
asim
ElonM
notarose
RizBiz
b
gurlbrit
luvstx
Jolena