SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 33 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 pm

I remember that, also. It was discussed.
I tend to think there is a bit of smoke and mini fire. It's a shame this had to be brought up on the show. But then the entire show is a shame, imo.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by vivi2 Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:12 pm

mindless wrote:
umngirl wrote:
bleuberry wrote:I expect L&S to fudge the story to make it more entertaining, but I'm guessing their sex life will be one of their 'issues' in the boot camp. Or would they completely make that up too? IDK.

I can very easily see L&S taking what perhaps was a throwaway comment from Catherine about perhaps what she was worried their sex life would be like when she first learned he wanted to wait and for a period of time afterwards. I have a very hard time believing she would publicly say these things because they aren't in the business of painting the other in a negative light at all.

She did make some comment at the WTA or ATFR for JPG's season that had a lot of people on the internet snarking about their "disappointing" sex life. Forgot what it was now. I defended them then, but if they can't not talk about their sex life every time they're on TV, then maybe they should stay off it. They might unwittingly come the poster couple for why one should test drive, rather than why one shouldn't. Don't think that was the plan.

I do think it's good to focus on other things besides sex when trying to find a mate, but I guess I just don't see the point in trying to put the milk back in the bottle when it's already been spilt. Especially when your bride isn't some blushing virgin herself and is only doing it, or should I say not doing it, to humour you. I would hate for Cat to feel like she got a raw deal.  

re the bold. 4 months before the wedding, in an interview with Wfaa in Dallas, when asked about Sean's decision to abstain, Catherine said that it made her love him even more and she could definitely see them together in old age. My guess is that she'd never met anyone like Sean, who loves and respects her for who she is, unlike other guys who only wanted sex from her.

If you're old like me (mid 60s), you'll remember John Tesh and Connie Sellecca. Both had broken marriages, John slept with a lot of women, including Oprah! Both said they didn't feel happy until they became "born again Christians". They dated for 2 years, it wasn't always easy for them to celibate, esp. for a guy like John! It was very interesting to hear John saying that he'd never leave this relationship, even without ever getting the sex.

As a woman, I reallly appreciate these men (and my DH) because when going thru pregnancies or childbirths or illnesses ..etc. I just know that they'll never cheat on me. And I'm not only talking about true love, but the self-control too.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:11 pm

vivi2 wrote:
re the bold.  4 months before the wedding,  in an interview with Wfaa in Dallas, when asked about Sean's decision to abstain,  Catherine said that it made her love him even more and she could definitely see them together in old age.  My guess is that she'd never met anyone like Sean, who loves and respects her for who she is, unlike other guys who only wanted sex from her.

If you're old like me (mid 60s), you'll remember John Tesh and Connie Sellecca. Both had broken marriages,  John slept with a lot of women, including Oprah! Both said they didn't feel happy until they became "born again Christians".  They dated for 2 years, it wasn't always easy for them to celibate, esp. for a guy like John! It was very interesting to hear  John saying that he'd never leave this relationship, even without ever getting the sex.

As a woman,  I reallly appreciate these men (and my DH) because when going thru pregnancies or childbirths or illnesses ..etc. I just know that they'll never cheat on me.  And I'm not only talking about true love, but the self-control too.

I get where you're coming from, I do, but I also think it goes both ways. Cat proved just as much to Sean by waiting for him as vice versa. Even more so IMO, since it wasn't her decision initially and she hadn't already spent 4 years being celibate. Her sisters even made her sound like a bit of a maneater on the HTD, so I wouldn't necessarily assume she was some passive doll being used by horny men. I just dislike when the man is given credit for staying celibate and the woman should consider herself lucky, even when she would've rather been having sex. I give Cat props for honouring his wishes and hope it paid off!

In general, I don't feel that anyone in a good relationship should have to prove they're not in it just for the sex. If they want to then great, but it should go without saying that that's not the main glue sticking you together, otherwise it's not a good relationship. JMHO. And I've been in a long-distance relationship for years, so me and my bf have kind of proved that to each other by default due to long periods of time apart. I'm not gonna give him all the credit for that though!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:16 pm

you might respect your spouse, love your spouse, have fun with your spouse and still be unsatisfied sexually in the relationship. A lot of men are selfish when it comes to this and christian men especially because of you know how certain things in bed are looked at as dirty. ALOT of christian women suffer this because their christian husbands do not want to spice things up in bed so not to sin. I do not see anything written in that article that far fetched IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:59 pm

I'll go a step further--it's not simply christian men. It can be any couple who are not sexually yoked. A woman with a higher sex drive than her man can find herself very frustrated.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:51 am

It's L&S, people... Wasn't this the mag that announced they have broken off their engagement, like, a week or so after their season and later said that Sean lost his virginity to Peeta(...) and that his double life led Catherine to drinking? Etc.... I would consider the source VERY carefully. ;)

Very few rags are worse than L&S...

I would guess their issue is gonna be connected to starting a family, settling down... Worries, concerns they may have with each-other and other factors. Don't get me wrong the "no pre-marital sex" thing will be mentioned early on(one way or the other...), but that's hardly what this is gonna be about.
Each MBC couple has its "issue" sorted out(as in, chosen) before the show begins taping. These are not exactly spontaneous therapy sessions ala CT.

Last edited by chloep on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 am

BKay wrote:Seriously, I admire the stands he's taken. As a Christian, he felt he had to honor God with his choices even though temptation is everywhere. I think young people would make better spouse choices if they would keep it zipped and get to know people without cluttering up the emotions with sex. Easy for me to say, but it was harder for me to do what I say! Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 33 2498057887

I admired Sean for making his choice and I admired Catherine even more for respecting it.

Kashathediva wrote:I remember that, also. It was discussed.
I tend to think there is a bit of smoke and mini fire. It's a shame this had to be brought up on the show. But then the entire show is a shame, imo.

This is it for me. I wish they would not have chosen to go on a show to work out what could have been done in their church with counseling or outside it with a therapist. I don't want to know anything about their sex life. It shouldn't be my business, if they choose to discuss it on national tv, then it becomes my business and lessens my respect for them. See next post as to that.

chloep wrote:It's L&S, people... Wasn't this the mag that announced they have broken off their engagement, like, a week or so after their season and later said that Sean lost his virginity to Peeta(...) and that his double life led Catherine to drinking? Etc.... I would consider the source VERY carefully. ;)

Very few rags are worse than L&S...

I would guess their issue is gonna be connected to starting a family, settling down... Worries, concerns they may have with each-other and other factors. Don't get me wrong the "no pre-marital sex" thing will be mentioned early on(one way or the other...), but that's hardly what this is gonna be about.
Each MBC couple has its "issue" sorted out(as in, chosen) before the show begins taping. These are not exactly spontaneous therapy sessions ala CP.

Chloep, you are always a voice of reason. I hope like Trista and Ryan they have boring no issues. I consider these two "classier" than their new show co-horts, so hope we don't hear about their sex life and that the mags are making this up.

I am going to wait to judge until I read here what is discussed. No more counseling reality shows for me. Nikki and JPG and CT cured me of that last summer! Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 am

I don't care about what goes on in their bedroom but just can't figure out why they'd even go on a show like that. No amount of money is worth it IMO. If a couple actually needs therapy I'd hope they'd do it it private. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:02 am

albean99 wrote:I don't care about what goes on in their bedroom but just can't figure out why they'd even go on a show like that. No amount of money is worth it IMO. If a couple actually needs therapy I'd hope they'd do it it private. :Nod:

Absolutely agree, albean.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:45 am

alwaystulips wrote:Yikes!  They're going to be on with those Honey Boo Boo people?!  Who else is in the cast?

Honestly, I think choosing to participate in this schlock is pathetic.

I think SeanCat and Mama June/Sugar Bear are the biggest 'stars' they have since their names keep popping up in relation to next season. I don't think they've released a full cast list yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 am

^ anyway , just telling something that  Michelle money and Cody sattler are currently filming bootcamp too . So I do think that MBC is now trending to get some different couples on this dating show . First trista then the lowes then now Michelle and Cody are going to this show . I would think and guess now  not just married or engaged couples are only part of it . Considering Michelle and Cody are not engaged not married . They are just in a relationship . Michelle and Cody are part of the new season of MBC . MBC did a back to back filming for their new seasons .RS said it. So yeah , there you go .

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:06 am

So what is the trend here? Desperate couples in need of making more money? OK. I get it. yes Probably the only reason MM got back with Cody.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie