SELECT CONTENT

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

Page 7 of 48 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Mimi27 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

ITA. There was a beautiful, consistent love story that was little bit hidden, just as Chris was a little bit hidden from Des. When she received the clarity she needed (from Chris' dad's adjustment that CH alluded to in HTDS), Des saw what was there all along - a beautiful and consistent love story with a very happy ending!! She broke the cycle of picking the wrong guy! Des realized she needed the man who loved her throughout the whole process. This couple will last and grow old together.
Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Baseball Mom wrote:MVMom, agree with your posts above. TPTB actually did give us a love story. If you look back, starting from Episode 3, Chris always had time with Des. I believe he had the most number of dates compared to anyone (Mura always brought this up yes ) .  And I think that's what kept all the Chrisvillers going. All the awesome super sleuthers brought up clues all the time and JBF and Mimitalks did out-of-this world edit analysis that always pointed to Chris. Yeah, some of us got sidetracked by the Brooks drama in Antigua but only because we loved Chris so much and didn't want to see him get hurt. I'm glad that Des woke up in time to see the incredible man that Chris is. They look so good together and I pray they are able to go the distance.

Thanks and my exact thoughts! :yes:

I can't believe that I am saying this but THANK YOU FLEISS!! This edit showed us so much Chris ... how wonderful and genuine and steadfast and adorkable he was all season. Always the gentleman. Always putting Des' thoughts/feelings first. For Chris fans, last night's finale just doesn't get any better.

And, hurray for Des ... she's glowing in recent interviews (just as she glowed ALL SEASON with Chris). So happy for her that the truth is finally out and she can proudly walk hand in hand with her man. I hope she loves Seattle and they find the "cute little house by the water" that Chris suggested. Perfect.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:33 pm

SLA44 wrote:Here you go Hotmomma

Thanks You..

I think Chris has proven to DES what true love is..He stood by her thru thick and thin..I believe these past 3 months even more...
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:37 pm

MVMOm, I agree about FLEISS! We have been asking him to show us the love story and he did. And if it wasn't for the spoilers, I know a lot more people would have seen it too. I just wish they didn't focus so much on the drama. We could have done with a lot less of that.

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Female Posts : 922

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

reb wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Beeleever wrote:Des is a very lucky lady. She will never have to question how Chris feels about her. That is both what she wants and needs.

I'm glad they made the decision to only watch the good parts of their relationship and keep the past in the past.

I hope they do the required round of media and then stay out of the limelight to focus on each other.

I agree word Good Post  Bee!!

Hurray!! Muraski our cheerleader and faithful leader who NEVER lost the faith! And to so many other wonderful posters, esp britt, bbmom, JBF and Mimi who was sleuthing until the very end. Talk about never losing faith.

I am so happy that our wonderful Chris and Des got their happy ending. I feel a teeny tiny bit guilty that I lost faith in Des and started believing the spoiler more (esp last week when so many long time sleuthers from this Board was saying Brooks was F1) than the beautiful love story that was shown to us between Des & Chris from the first meeting when he cracked her up with his fake proposal at the meet & greet.  Since episode 3 ... when Chris was the star of Dodgeball and won the group rose ... TPTB really ramped things up for viewers and showed us so many moments of a true relationship building and a true love story. I guess we can thank the spoiler that Fleiss showed us so much of Chris and Des falling in love because so many of us in Chrisville were smacking our head in the wall not believing that she'd pass up such a perfect match for her as Chris.

I thought that I was going to have such a hard time getting past part 1 of the finale but I just sat riveted last night and cried off/on throughout the whole darn thing.

EW's recap jokingly said that this ending is how the movie "Pretty in Pink" was supposed to end ... with our lead recognizing the perfect guy had been by her side all along. But, the huge difference between "Pretty in Pink" and "Bachelorette" is Chris is NO "Ducky" (character from the movie who was Molly Ringwald's steadfast BFF). We saw passion with them since ep 3 and Chris was just stunningly gorgeous & dashing at the proposal in his dark suit. Des looked absolutely beautiful and her eyes lit up when he appeared. The setting was one of the best ... FAR FAR better than the setting for Emily and 1F.

Wow wow wow ... love it all!

I am totally with you MVMom! Like you I lost faith in Des and I was not very impressed with her after last weeks episode. I just could not believe some of the things she was saying about Brooks and feeling it was all over for her... But I must say, in yesterdays episode Des handled herself really well and I love that she was honest with Chris about loving Brooks and how she felt.

Last week I said  that I felt Chris and Des was not right for each other... well, I still feel they may not be a perfect match, but I am hoping their differences are theie strengths! I really do hope they break the bachelor/ette trend and get married (if they are happy!!) beatingheart 

I have got to give it to Des, she did chose the RIGHT MAN at the end after all so she cannot be that bad!!

I woke up early this morning so I could watch the episode before work and I am not joking when I say that I still cannot believe Des and Chris are engaged! I am truly so very happy for both of them.

Des and Chris, IF you are reading this CONGRATULATIONS - you deserve every bit of happiness that come your way!!

:sweetheart:

That's okay about the bolded! Yesterday at this time I was convinced/hoping that Chris was our next Bachelor 2014! So just like Des ... we got to change our minds, right?!

BBMom - I agree ... could of done with a lot less tears & drama! I wish they had shown us about half of Des' crying in finale part 1. But ... have to admit that the thought (fear!) of Brooks coming back and spoiling everything for my man Chris was really exciting. I finally let our a breath when I realized there was only 10 minutes left and still needed to see the proposal. Phew!

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 pm

I never thought I'd say this but THANK YOU FLEISS!

Due to the drama that went on through the majority of the season Chris was sort of "hidden" but it was a weird visible hidden.He would always find himself next to Des and he was always there for her. Supporting her,comforting her and believing in not only her,but in them.I said this about half way through "If Des doesn't want him,I'll gladly take him" Now I am so glad she realized what a great guy he is and that she picked him.

We got a love story,it just wasn't one that everyone was expecting.

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 pm

From Cassie Lambert

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cassielambert Cassie (L) Scalettar 4h
Cheers to @DesHartsock and @chrisrsiegfried and their fairytale ending. Much love!

You say that you love rain but you open your umbrella when it rains. You say that you love the sun, but you find a shadowy spot when the sun shines. You say that you love the wind, but you close your window when the wind blows. This is why I am afraid when you say that you love me too. -unknown
Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:I never thought I'd say this but THANK YOU FLEISS!

Due to the drama that went on through the majority of the season Chris was sort of "hidden" but it was a weird visible hidden.He would always find himself next to Des and he was always there for her. Supporting her,comforting her and believing in not only her,but in them.I said this about half way through "If Des doesn't want him,I'll gladly take him" Now I am so glad she realized what a great guy he is and that she picked him.

We got a love story,it just wasn't one that everyone was expecting.

So true! I went back to see a post that I had written about his steadfast support and found this that I had written in edit thread trying to prove why Chris could be her prince in the end:

"by MVMom39foreveron Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:47 am" ...

I am longtime Bach viewer and watched first four episodes unspoiled. I picked Chris as her F1 but believed the spoiler of Brooks as soon as I heard. However, let's just say that Fleiss or TPTB somehow set out to fool the sleuthing/spoiler sites with the early news that Brooks is F1.Doubtful ... but just for fun (and for the sake of the edit) here's why I see Chris as being Des' true Prince Charming at the end.

Chris has had zero drama but every episode we see Chris doing something special for Des that proves him worthy of her love...

- writing poetry for her
- Being her rock when Bryden left and encouraging her to open up about it
- telling her to use caution or watch her step on the streets (we see this nearly every episode)
- being the "star" player of dodgeball and the surprise star of soccer behind Juan Pablo
- taking her hand while exiting the boat that brought all the guys to Madeira ... while all other guys were ahead of them, Chris was helping her down the plank
- putting the sunscreen on her back while on yacht
- suggesting the note in the bottle activity on their date (most likely producer encouraged but bear with me here ...)
- being steadfast in his feelings for her and never wavering unlike some in F2
- trying to keep the James' drama in check as he tried to quiet Michael but then finally firmly saying directly to James that he couldn't stay quiet anymore and stating his disgust for James' actions.
- acknowledging his awareness of Des' attraction to Brooks but not in a needy/pouty way but in a "Brooks is worthy competitor" way
- referring to Des as "his girl" in a few scenes making it clear he means business

We've seen Des write poetry for him, compliment him at being great at everything (and he was visibly embarrassed by the attention) and tell him that she wanted him to meet her family. We've seen her grab his neck/head with both hands and bring him in for kiss after she's liked something he's said to her. Des told her friends that she felt support from Chris. And, they already had that totally adorkable scene (I think it was ep 4) when they joked about not being in the friend zone with each other (and this totally reminded me of that scene in the movie Emma when Knightly and Emma joke about how they can dance because they are not brother and sister).

Does Des looks as gaga over Chris as she does over Brooks? Not really. But that's okay. Any fan of romantic comedies knows that the guy who peaks mid-movie is generally not the guy at the end. That ga-ga guy ALWAYS does something to let down our heroine when her "true" perfect guy ... who has often been their all along for her ... is there for our heroine at the end and she's so happy to realize it has been him all along.

Chris is that "all along" guy. He is NOT flashy. He does not have Drew's movie star looks (although I personally find Chris better looking) or Brooks' charm. Chris doesn't have the same sad story that Drew and Brooks have. Chris also doesn't cause the pain & tears that we see Des experiencing in upcoming episodes.

Any great fairytale has to show the princess in a vulnerable position or danger before she gets her happy ending. It makes a whole lot of sense that the guy standing by her side at the end is the same guy who has been standing by her side, being so steadfast in his feelings for her every step of the way and proving that he's worthy of her love: Chris.

I cut off my end where I acknowledge spoiler. We saw it all along Chrisville - but the spoiler clouded things for a bit!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Baseball Mom Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Chris Harrison's final blog for the season...some interesting details about what went on behind the scenes during the proposal

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/08/06/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-finale-part-2-blog/

Baseball Mom
Baseball Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:29 pm

That proposal was everything. So ecstatic for the happy couple, and proud of both Brooks and Drew. I believe things work out as they should. Des and Chris' love story to me is one of the more obvious ones. If not for the spoilers I think most would have agreed.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:31 pm

I love that post! If any girl needed a Prince Charming, it was her! So happy she found him.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Is there a thread for bachelor contestant tweets? Curious to see what they been saying since last night

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 48 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 27 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris and Desiree - Bachelorette 9 - General Discussion - Thread #1

+85
AEF
Newto
julychild
2observe
Mustang19